Hacking 3DS may spell end to Ninty's piracy woes.

stradian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the media and Nintendo putting up an anti piracy campaign and that they said that has more processing power then the wii leads me to one possible conclusion:

IBM is most likely be providing the processor AND incorporating a power 4 to 6 based processor will some elements from the cell architecture, most likely with a low-level hyper visor to boot!

EDIT: I now doubt that any Power processor will be used, please excuse me, but this seems a little more believable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_G4 (I know that they are not directly related to IBM, but probably will be similar.)

Given Development time it might be past, or on par to ps3 security, remember, IBM developed Cell (for the Ps3) and possibly will improve hardware integrity on this platform.

What an egg to crack, if I'm correct.
ohnoes.png

(Remember that this is only my assumption based on Nintendo hardware strategy, past events, and vague news reports.)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this one I do have to dissect...

stradian said:
I think the media and Nintendo putting up an anti piracy campaign and that they said that has more processing power then the wiiThey never said that it has more processing power than the wii. That was a guess made by some random guy (or girl) unrelated to nintendo.

QUOTE(stradian @ Jul 15 2010, 05:20 AM) IBM is most likely be providing the processor AND incorporating a power 4 to 6 based processor will some elements from the cell architecture, most likely with a low-level hyper visor to boot!
Except that if it's using the PPC architecture it wouldn't natively run DS/i games, which are ARM, not PPC.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KikiaHirigoushi said:
I'd like to point out that Dsi ware has been hacked nope and there are flash cards but te games and system is so retarded no one even cares about it. Like if you guys did even a little more research

Underlined irony is ironic.
tongue.gif

But as the thread title says, it's only "may" and I think that's where it should stay for now. I think it might well get hacked, and I hope it does, but I wouldn't know how long it might take.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
t377y000 said:
Gnargle said:
@Rhydian
OH CHRIST ALMIGHTY I LOL'D!
@dsfanatic
You best be trolling.
t377y000 said:
as for 3DS it wont be hacked, nintendos enhancing there security over the years & 3DS will be more open to online.
as for 3DS flash carts? whats the perpous? it already wil do everything. music, 3d movies, 3d video chat,3d internet browser games, software installs, 3d pictures & camera, makign a flash cart for 3DS that would be like making a musiic & video player dick for ps3.
You ask what the point is for 3DS flashcarts, having said only a paragraph earlier that you want homebrew for the DSi. I don't know, could that be a reason?
Also, you talk about the AK2i. We know that isn't DSi mode, we're not stupid.
Finally - start using capital letters. They're an incredible invention.

well yea theres homebrew, but what if nintendo or some random develouper makes something where you can make your own 3D games, app, or browser on it.
Then people would still hack it for homebrew such as emulators, Linux, that kinda stuff. Plus, nobody will ever make an app like that.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The music and other things probably will have a limit. Music probably would limit to 1000 songs, like the PSP. Homebrew would probably try to remove the limits or lest make them different (1000 instead of 1000) . . . . . .

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
stradian said:
I think the media and Nintendo putting up an anti piracy campaign and that they said that has more processing power then the wii leads me to one possible conclusion:

IBM is most likely be providing the processor AND incorporating a power 4 to 6 based processor will some elements from the cell architecture, most likely with a low-level hyper visor to boot!

EDIT: I now doubt that any Power processor will be used, please excuse me, but this seems a little more believable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_G4 (I know that they are not directly related to IBM, but probably will be similar.)

Given Development time it might be past, or on par to ps3 security, remember, IBM developed Cell (for the Ps3) and possibly will improve hardware integrity on this platform.

What an egg to crack, if I'm correct.
ohnoes.png

(Remember that this is only my assumption based on Nintendo hardware strategy, past events, and vague news reports.)
I don't agree with you, but I'm replying to say that the computer I'm typing this on is running a 1.25Ghz PowerPC G4.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FireGrey said:
Well they are a big company and those postal services are piracy so...
The people that are incharge of stuff can stop piracy over airs...

What postal services are piracy??...I really have no idea as to what you are talking about.

And if Ninty could 'ban' flashcarts...would have happened years ago.

As for the 3DS, it's been said before; Anything can be hacked. If a human put it together, a human can hack it; that point seems self-evident and I'm tired of ppl saying 'it will never be hacked'...... get a clue!

As for how much time it will take...who the hell knows? It's all mere speculation at this point, but I'm sure it will be more difficult to hack/crack/mod/etc... than the DS, and I'm sure it will take enough time as to make thousands of ppl pull out their hair in anticipation.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Nintendo said that their AP has far much improved(maybe it's in the hardware level) but what they are they saying may backfire to them.They're just challenging other hackers all over the world on what so they call AP.And I mean common this system will be hacked(or what do you call that) cause not all talented people work for Nintendo,right?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well we're most likely gonna see R4 be a registered product of Sony xD
And i believe it will NEVER be hacked cause it may be hacked one day but it won't cause people will lose interest

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@FireGrey: Well we can never be sure as I said that it will never be hacked since the console isn't even out.Let's not just rule out the possibility afterall this topic is about possibilities.Well that's your personal opinion and this' mine and I respect yours
yay.gif
.Btw, I really can't understand what you mean in your last statement
unsure.gif

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that it does get hacked, but the measures taken to implement the hack should be hard.
Not as simple as putting in a game cartridge.

If it were so, then less people could/would bother to do it.

I would love that.

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostreverie said:
MicroSDXC? Guys, don't count on it. Flash prices just have not been falling like we thought they would...

Regular 64GB SDXC cards are costing at lowest around $220 now, and a 32GB MicroSD is $200. The low end 64GB MicroSDXC cards, assuming they are out at the end of the year, will probably be around or above those price points.

That said, you will probably be able to get by with a regular 32GB card. These games will be 1-2GB, and probably later on we will see a small number of high budget games coming out on 4GB cards. But many games that come out on 2GB cards may actually only be using, say, 1.5GB of that space.
32GB 200$ jhajha you make me laugh,i know where to buy them for 60$

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Alex221 said:
lostreverie said:
MicroSDXC? Guys, don't count on it. Flash prices just have not been falling like we thought they would...

Regular 64GB SDXC cards are costing at lowest around $220 now, and a 32GB MicroSD is $200. The low end 64GB MicroSDXC cards, assuming they are out at the end of the year, will probably be around or above those price points.

That said, you will probably be able to get by with a regular 32GB card. These games will be 1-2GB, and probably later on we will see a small number of high budget games coming out on 4GB cards. But many games that come out on 2GB cards may actually only be using, say, 1.5GB of that space.
Okay, then link us to where you can get a 32GB microSDHC card for $60.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Alex221 said:
lostreverie said:

Okay, then link us to where you can get a 32GB microSDHC card for $60.
LINKS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

darkranboria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o0ICE0o said:
I hope that it does get hacked, but the measures taken to implement the hack should be hard.
Not as simple as putting in a game cartridge.

If it were so, then less people could/would bother to do it.

I would love that.

That would be nice. Actually, maybe not. There would be a bunch of threads like this: AHH HOW I WURK THS NOW HELP ME I WANT GAME WORK NOW PLZ U GIS HALP ME MY 3DS HELP DO SOMETHING TO IT AND HELP AHHHHHHH. Okay, maybe not that bad. But ...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
darkranboria said:
That would be nice. Actually, maybe not. There would be a bunch of threads like this: AHH HOW I WURK THS NOW HELP ME I WANT GAME WORK NOW PLZ U GIS HALP ME MY 3DS HELP DO SOMETHING TO IT AND HELP AHHHHHHH. Okay, maybe not that bad. But ...
Actually I've seen some pretty weird shit here, myself included.

pozda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
it will be hacked... someday, until then i plan to buy some games, I'm very picky about games, so i will get better ones.

when someone hack 3ds, i'll buy flashcart or whatever the solution for free games will be!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...