Hardware 3DS less powerful than iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veho said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
And still don't quite shake a stick at DS sales.
Really I know a hell of a lot more people who own a DS than a PSP.
The DS sold twice as many units. Every third handheld out there is a PSP. But that's not the point. It's not a race or a war. The PSP sold 62 million units, and that can't be called a flop.
Well when I said the PSP overall flopped. I was referring to the games as well.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBK said:
P.S said:
3DS graphics sucks. Fanboys... Get a PSP2 when it's out instead!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Are you high or something? The iPhone has sold more than the PSP...as for games, well the PSP has few good games anyway (I know this because I have one). If I want Sony exclusives, let me buy a PS3...there you go right there.

The future is this (gaming-wise):

1- Nintendo 3DS
2- iOS 4
3- PSP2

Yes, the iOS 4 family beats the PSP2.
I totally agree... Well the DSi's screen is not that shitty. The DS lites is more shitty.. Anyway, I rarely play games on the walk! By only being a Nintendo system , I will buy it. Nintendo still makes epic games you know.. Even remakes
biggrin.gif

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Of course 3DS sucks, nintendo said it themselves once (cant remember when but they did!) that HD graphics is nothing, and admit it, do you want your 5 year old kid playing 18+ games? If not then nintendo is smart (still dumb however) because they attract families with children, not those that are since long beyond their childhood. Thats where nintendo makes a smart move....

Wait, did i just turn a entire post about how smart nintendo is? Crap, they got me...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.S said:
3DS graphics sucks. Fanboys... Get a PSP2 when it's out instead!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Nintendo was never too keen on selling visuals in place of gameplay.
That being said, the graphics are actually really good for a handheld and rival last generation's home consoles.

As for the "insult": You can call other people fanboys when you stop slobbering on Sony's cock.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
those devs don't earn muvch money from the app store either

didn't the guy that made the fart app make like 40,000 in 1 day and pulled in 1000 dollar per day? how much do the programmers at Nintendo get paid?

the app store knows something that nintendo hasn't figured out or is in denial about. more cheaper sales can be as profitable as few more expensive sales.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
Dter ic said:

didn't the guy that made the fart app make like 40,000 in 1 day and pulled in 1000 dollar per day? how much do the programmers at Nintendo get paid?

the app store knows something that nintendo hasn't figured out or is in denial about. more cheaper sales can be as profitable as few more expensive sales.
Yeah but WE DON'T WANT CHEAP STUFF! Cheap stuff means low quality stuff.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gullwing said:
nando said:
Dter ic said:

well ofcourse we don't. but i rather have a cheap sales model with occasional good games, than an expensive sales model with more good games, but overall a ton of cheap stuff.

how much did most nintendo fanboys pay for coooking mama? well it's 7 bucks on iphone.

EDIT: plus i was only arguing for profitably. there are other models other than charging an arm a leg.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Copy Paste of my most recent rant against iPhone as a gaming platform:
QUOTE said:
The iPhone's got a lot of classics that I know we all love. Shooters and action games that control with sloppy touch virtual buttons on screen that you have to obscure with your fingers to interact with and can't actually feel (I can play a real video game without looking at it.) It's got motion controlled racing games, which I'm sure we all love. And if that's not enough for you, there's always classics such as Doodle Jump and Mega Worm!

It's about as much a game console as a handheld device with access to an internet browser and Flash would be. Sure, I'll play a game once in a while on it, but they're actually more like minigames. If that's truly your stance, I hope you greatly enjoy playing your games with a capacitive touch screen and an accelerometer.

Though I don't really remember being able to play Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Professor Layton, Tales of ***, Metal Gear, Kindom Hearts, Persona etc, etc, etc on an iDevice. (I'm counting PSP and DS games)

I wouldn't use it at all if it didn't have additional functions (Which the RAM and processing power gets hogged by) that it can also do. They iPhone is massively overpowered (And nice and overpriced to boot) because it has to run everything at once. Dedicated game consoles have the potential for far better games because they can devote all their resources to the game instead of the OS and background processes. And they also have controls. Which are nice.

And on the point of Epic saying 3DS won't be able to run Unreal, all you have to remember is that they don't have any more information than we do. It's the head of a company who isn't traditionally in favor of Nintendo saying "I don't think it'll work."

As for the title of this thread, nobody was doubting that the iPhone was more powerful than the 3DS. it's insanely overpowered, and also needs to run loads of things in the background, which the system's resources are reserved for.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets just squash this stupid speculation here and now!, how are they going to know if the 3DS can handle the Unreal Engine when they haven't even layed hands on a Devkit, stupid Epic Games needs to give Big N a call and ask for a kit already, and stop speculating...Seriously, sheesh! Have they not seen what this system can do and this is with out developers pushing the hardware on the system...Amazing!

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
Gullwing said:
nando said:
Dter ic said:

well ofcourse we don't. but i rather have a cheap sales model with occasional good games, than an expensive sales model with more good games, but overall a ton of cheap stuff.

how much did most nintendo fanboys pay for coooking mama? well it's 7 bucks on iphone.

EDIT: plus i was only arguing for profitably. there are other models other than charging an arm a leg.
Do Nintendo fanboys play cooking mama? I really don't care about cooking mama.. It's like comparing Farmville to Ocarina Of Time

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
The iPhone version of Cooking Mama may be cheaper, but apparently the epic load times make it barely worth playing. The mini games are so short that you spend more time looking at loading screens than playing the game.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Midna said:
Copy Paste of my most recent rant against iPhone as a gaming platform:
QUOTE said:
The iPhone's got a lot of classics that I know we all love. Shooters and action games that control with sloppy touch virtual buttons on screen that you have to obscure with your fingers to interact with and can't actually feel (I can play a real video game without looking at it.) It's got motion controlled racing games, which I'm sure we all love. And if that's not enough for you, there's always classics such as Doodle Jump and Mega Worm!

It's about as much a game console as a handheld device with access to an internet browser and Flash would be. Sure, I'll play a game once in a while on it, but they're actually more like minigames. If that's truly your stance, I hope you greatly enjoy playing your games with a capacitive touch screen and an accelerometer.

Though I don't really remember being able to play Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Professor Layton, Tales of ***, Metal Gear, Kindom Hearts, Persona etc, etc, etc on an iDevice. (I'm counting PSP and DS games)

I wouldn't use it at all if it didn't have additional functions (Which the ROM and processing power gets hogged by) that it can also do. They iPhone is massively overpowered (And nice and overpriced to boot) because it has to run everything at once. Dedicated game consoles have the potential for far better games because they can devote all their resources to the game instead of the OS and background processes. And they also have controls. Which are nice.

And on the point of Epic saying 3DS won't be able to run Unreal, all you have to remember is that they don't have any more information than we do. It's the head of a company who isn't traditionally in favor of Nintendo saying "I don't think it'll work."

As for the title of this thread, nobody was doubting that the iPhone was more powerful than the 3DS. it's insanely overpowered, and also needs to run loads of things in the background, which the system's resources are reserved for.
Which is strange since Capcom successfully ported MT Framework to it. If they can work the RE5/SF4 engine to the system, I'm goddamn sure a scaled down version of Unreal Engine 3 would be workable.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah! cuz the psp has better gfx than the ds it's obviously the better console, has more fun games becuz of zeh awesmoe gfx!!1!!oneone n000bs! *note the sarcasm*

D

Deleted User

Oh My Gawd The 3DS is less powerful than the Xbox 360?

Optimatum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The PSP did what no other handheld could do. It took more than a quarter of Nintendo's handheld sales.

And they will PAY FOR EET.

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The iphone has a better processor, but it need to run a lot of things. What the 3ds does have is a special grfx pica chip which will give it extra power and a lot of special graphical tricks (shaders, anti-aliasting) that does not use a lot of processor power.

So far I'm thinking that epic jst need a devkit before they say such stupid things (I love the gears series, but this guy always seems to bash on consoles other than an xbox 360)

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gullwing said:
Do Nintendo fanboys play cooking mama? I really don't care about cooking mama.. It's like comparing Farmville to Ocarina Of Time

i don't, but all my nephews/nieces and my son love it. that accounts for 10 fanboys that i know of that do. there is more out there than your own experience. i consider my self a nintendo fanboy. i've only owned nintendo consoles but i'm not blind to other people's wants and other platform possibilities.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the 3DS is less powered than the iPhone, then someone answer this: Why is there no iOS game that comes close to looking as good as anything seen for 3DS???

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
754boy said:
If the 3DS is less powered than the iPhone, then someone answer this: Why is there no iOS game that comes close to looking as good as anything seen for 3DS???
Because the 3DS is a dedicated gaming platform with a superior GPU and built to run modern shaders and textures. It still has a weaker CPU and far less RAM, but at the same time as a gaming platform, the specs it already has it more than enough to get games looking better than what's on the iPhone without destroying the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1