Hacking 3DS Just bricked... with a LEGIT GW

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're a very new user after the gateway was released.
osirisjemNew Member

PunkroxNew Member

Now I'm not saying you work for Gateway but you can't expect us to take you seriously. Even this post basically admits that you're incredibly biased.
I am not Pro Gateway. I am anti-clone.
I dont really care about Gateway.
Anyone who buys a flashcart which has firmware not made by the company who sold them the card "is foolish".

If you want to continue this dialogue, PM me.

"I'll pass"

Plasmastar510

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or people could just stick to using 2.0b1 ,and not be so quick to update (correct me if im wrong ,but this issue is only happening with 2.0b2 right?)
i dont know why GW didnt just make their code brick clone carts instead of the actual 3ds

Getting kind of sick of people advising things like this. First off, if everyone hadn't updated, it would have never been noticed. Second, it's kind of sad that everyone is suggesting that everyone should use others as their shield. "Just wait until the first guy does <x>." That people think somebody else should risk their hardware/money/time, and you just sit and watch.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone who buys a flashcart which has firmware not made by the company who sold them the card "is foolish".

I have an intel mobo in my pc and I am running an os from microsoft. Does that make me foolish as well?
Am I supposed to know where my flashcard firmware comes from?
The way I see it, they promise to do the same for 75% of the price.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting kind of sick of people advising things like this. First off, if everyone hadn't updated, it would have never been noticed. Second, it's kind of sad that everyone is suggesting that everyone should use others as their shield. "Just wait until the first guy does <x>." That people think somebody else should risk their hardware/money/time, and you just sit and watch.

"if everyone hadn't updated, it would have never been noticed."

yeah true i guess, but also if people were not in such a rush and were not emailing GW every 5 seconds and trying to get them to rush their release then maybe this would have been found in CLOSED beta testing

if people want to be impatient then they have no right to complain , if they want to martyr themselves ,then thats fine that is their choice

PolyChrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, their anti-clone measure just backfired, I dunno why GW continues to keep this risky firmware in their site. Atleast they should allow users to download their previous firmwares.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, their anti-clone measure just backfired, I dunno why GW continues to keep this risky firmware in their site. Atleast they should allow users to download their previous firmwares.

They won't as long as there's money to be made.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if people want to be impatient then they have no right to complain , if they want to martyr themselves ,then thats fine that is their choice
Maybe correct if the bricking code wasn't added on purpose and was just an accidental bug.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know any of you guys and I've kept away from most of this, but this is probably enough to make me not use b2 anymore.
Doing crap like what GW did was really silly thing to do that can, and usually does, blow up in your face.

kirillov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please, show him your respects
p1m2.jpg

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yeah true, ,but also they did say it was a PUBLIC **BETA** , so people should have realized that there were some risks involved

I guess you mean people with the real gateway flashcard?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol