3DS gamers on twitter complaining about headaches?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
It stands to show just how useless the 3D really is, still...

Most games, it will be useless, but i'm sure some games will require it for various things (hidden paths, games where depth perception is key, such as a First Person Angry Birds as an idea, a Magic Eye, AKA Stereogram "game" where the slider is off, you can solve it regularly, turn the 3D on and it shows you the answer in full 3D, etc...)

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
I call bullshit, I survived over 4 hours on the 3D with no problems. Weaklings who never played a video game for more than a hour.
+ infinity
nds.gif

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The console is sold on the 3D effect. Why the MAIN function (as advised by Nintendo) is giving some people problems? =/

Well, I don't care, I'll never use the effect anyway. It's fucking useless.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Laughing Stock said:
TwinRetro said:
Laughing Stock said:
TwinRetro said:
such as a First Person Angry Birds as an idea, a Magic Eye, AKA Stereogram "game"
These will kill your eyes.

according to who?
No one.

Magic eye pictures require you to keep your eyes just a couple of inches away from the screen right?

Um...no? I can do it anywhere from 5 to 12 inches away. I have a few magic eye apps on my Android. Same thing. And what does distance from the screen have anything to do with "killing your eyes"? That's just perpetuating the old myth of "Don't sit so close to the TV, you'll go blind!"

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
The console is sold on the 3D effect. Why the MAIN function (as advised by Nintendo) is giving some people problems? =/

The whole thread was about that!

Some people just can't do 3D isn't Nintendo.

3D as the selling point is just one of the functions it MAIN function is to play games. I wouldn't be buying it other wise.

3D going be awesome with the games.

For the people who can see 3D and like 3D it isn't so useless.

If I couldn't see 3D I still buy it. If do not have arms I use my feet. partly a joke.

How unfortunate that would be...

Laughing Stock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Laughing Stock said:
TwinRetro said:
Laughing Stock said:
TwinRetro said:
such as a First Person Angry Birds as an idea, a Magic Eye, AKA Stereogram "game"
These will kill your eyes.

according to who?
No one.

Magic eye pictures require you to keep your eyes just a couple of inches away from the screen right?

Um...no? I can do it anywhere from 5 to 12 inches away. I have a few magic eye apps on my Android. Same thing. And what does distance from the screen have anything to do with "killing your eyes"? That's just perpetuating the old myth of "Don't sit so close to the TV, you'll go blind!"
Huh. It's never worked so far away for me.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CCNaru said:
I posted a topic here a couple of days ago, I said it made me pretty dizzy and I don't think the headache part is serious but it made me think about thinking of getting a 3DS... I do want one but I'm kinda split.
Did you try again longer/ break the 3D in to try to get use to it?

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KingVamp said:
Maedhros said:

The whole thread was about that!

Some people just can't do 3D isn't Nintendo.

3D as the selling point is just one of the functions it MAIN function is to play games. I wouldn't be buying it other wise.

3D going be awesome with the games.

For the people who can see 3D and like 3D it isn't so useless.

If I couldn't see 3D I still buy it. If do not have arms I use my feet. partly a joke.

How unfortunate that would be...
That a fuck'n videogame play games isn't new, people don't look for features like that.

People buy 3D Tvs because of the 3D, not because you can watch it. People buy smartphones because of everything else they can make with it, besides the fact it's still a phone.

Normal users (the people who don't come to forums for discuss about games) will buy the 3DS because it's 3D without glasses. That's the selling point. Of course the selling point causing problems with SOME people is bad for Nintendo. What's the point of the 3D I can't use it for 3~4 hours in one gameplay session? I would be pissed for sure, for paying $250.

Of course, people who like to discuss and research before buying something will not care about the 3D as much as the new features and types of gameplay that the 3DS can make, with gyros, cameras, etc. So 3D is just a plus for me. An useless plus.

BTW: People see 3D everyday.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It feels like people are doing this

*gets 3ds*
*looks at 3ds for 5 seconds*
*feels a little eye strain*
*ragequits then goes to twiter to bitch about how much the 3d hurts*

It takes time to adjust to new stuff....your eyes aren't accustomed to parallax barriers

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
That a fuck'n videogame play games isn't new What?
rofl.gif
, people don't look for features like that.

People buy 3D Tvs because of the 3D, not because you can watch it. People buy smartphones because of everything else they can make with it, besides the fact it's still a phone.
Some people have sense to get 3D TVs if they can see 3D or be like hey my friends or family can see it. If you or none of your family/friends can not, they wouldn't buy it, but unlike 3DS,the 3DS has more features than 3D or no 3D. But what you first thought with the phone? It a phone! You not going to say I can't use this feature screw the phone, you going to say it a phone some the features I can't used or do not want to use, but hey it get the job done with some pluses. If the features was on something else you wouldn't buy it, because you want a phone.

"I do want to used the FM Radio on the smart phone screw it. I can't used some of the features on the phone screw it."

Normal users (the people who don't come to forums for discuss about games) will buy the 3DS because it's 3D without glasses. That's the selling point. Of course the selling point causing problems with SOME people is bad for Nintendo. What's the point of the 3D I can't use it for 3~4 hours in one gameplay session? I would be pissed for sure, for paying $250.
Some normal user will understand/have common sense there more than the 3D and with 3D all together you may not last that long.

Of course, people who like to discuss and research before buying something will not care about the 3D as much as the new features and types of gameplay that the 3DS can make, with gyros, cameras, etc. So 3D is just a plus for me. An useless plus.

3D as on the screen.
laugh.gif

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KingVamp said:
Maedhros said:
That a fuck'n videogame play games isn't new What?
rofl.gif
, people don't look for features like that.

Some people have sense to get 3D TVs if they can see 3D or be like hey my friends or family can see it. If you or none of your family/friends can not, they wouldn't buy it, but unlike 3DS,the 3DS has more features than 3D or no 3D. But what you first thought with the phone? It a phone! You not going to say I can't use this feature screw the phone, you going to say it a phone some the features I can't used or do not want to use, but hey it get the job done with some pluses. If the features was on something else you wouldn't buy it, because you want a phone.

"I do want to used the FM Radio on the smart phone screw it. I can't used some of the features on the phone screw it."

Some normal user will understand/have common sense there more than the 3D and with 3D all together you may not last that long.

3D as on the screen.
laugh.gif
Yeah, some users will try to justify their "lost" money on 3D without glasses. =)

Also, your first reply, it's so ridiculous... Almost everybody that have TWO EYES CAN see in 3D, it's a minory that can't, really, they are exceptions. On this situation, you're seeing people that CAN see in 3D in movies making complaings about the 3D on 3DS.
BTW: people don't buy smartphones just to phone, that's fuck'n retarded, as there are cellphones cheaper that still get the job done. People will not buy the 3DS ONLY because it can play games, but because it can play games IN 3D WITHOUT GLASSES.

I will not lose time with you anymore. Good luck Guild and others, I'm outta of here.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Yeah, some users will try to justify their "lost" money on 3D without glasses. =)
Isn't lost money even for the ones who can't see 3D with all the stuff they can do.
Yeah, some users will try to justify the hating on the 3D aspect.

Also, your first reply, it's so ridiculous... Almost everybody that have TWO EYES CAN see in 3D, it's a minory that can't, really, they are exceptions. On this situation, you're seeing people that CAN see in 3D in movies making complaings about the 3D on 3DS. You do know some complain that backwards as well so this is *moot*.
BTW: people don't buy smartphones just to phone, that's fuck'n retarded, as there are cellphones cheaper that still get the job done. People will not buy the 3DS ONLY because it can play games, but because it can play games IN 3D WITHOUT GLASSES.

I will not lose time with you anymore. Good luck Guild and others, I'm outta of here.
OK then only reason people buy those phones over other phones is because it has those features and can get the job done. If it couldn't get
the job done they wouldn't care about those features and not going dislike the phone because one feature you do not like or can't use.

Just like the 3DS it get the job done and has more features with the 3D you hate so much. If there was two different one 3DS with more/better features you get that one. But if the one with better/more features can't play games I wouldn't be getting it.

If it couldn't play dedicated games, you wouldn't give the 3DS a second thought.

"People will not buy the 3DS ONLY because it can play games"

Isn't that what you doing?

And I'm sure some, if not the majority would buy it just on the fact it plays newer games.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
twitters is full of whining pricks (twits?)
why would them commenting on the 3ds make their "tweets" any less whiny?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
How is the situation with people getting dizzy from the 3D "effect" any different from people getting motion sickness during the early years of consoles producing 3D "graphics"? If people can grow accustomed to not feeling sick with 3D graphics, then people can grow accustomed to not feeling dizzy with the 3D effect. They at least gave the option of turning it off because some people just can't even see the effect at all, and it benefits those who do get dizzy/headaches and can't adjust quickly.

You work out your arm. It starts to get stronger, but you feel fatigue each time you stress it. The more you work it out, the stronger it gets and the less fatigue you feel.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
How is the situation with people getting dizzy from the 3D "effect" any different from people getting motion sickness during the early years of consoles producing 3D "graphics"? If people can grow accustomed to not feeling sick with 3D graphics, then people can grow accustomed to not feeling dizzy with the 3D effect.

Unfortunately not, it's exactly the same problem as old red/blue 3D movies, newer 3D movies (exactly the same just using polarised lenses instead of colour) have and all other stereoscopic 3D effects. If people have the problem they always will.

QUOTEThey at least gave the option of turning it off because some people just can't even see the effect at all, and it benefits those who do get dizzy/headaches and can't adjust quickly.

It's not to do with those getting headaches not adjusting, it's they are naturally capable of "spotting" the illusion. Basically their spatial acuity is too good to allow them the suspension of disbelief. That's why it's almost certain to affect people who suffer from migraines or dyslexia. It's by no means confined to the 3DS, this will just be the first time most people have had the chance to spend more than the 1 1/2-2 hours experiencing it a 3D movie will last. I'm fully expecting to only use the 3D effect a couple of hours a week tops, I really can't see not having it on holding any games back anyhows. It hasn't on my PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q