3DS gamers on twitter complaining about headaches?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
are they all sony fanboys?...or does the 3DS actually have a problem with it's 3D function?

QUOTE said:
* aronlongoria: Got to play with a 3DS today. The 3D gave me a headache, so I hated it.
* SeanBamberger: Went to buy 3DS. Played demo 3DS. Felt really ill. Bottled it. Nintendo, why do you hate me now? It was the
* RiotBananas: Warning to everyone, if you're already ill and have a migraine, DO NOT play the 3DS with 3D on. Urgh.
* Scimac: Just had a quick play on a 3DS. Really not sure especially as I'm feeling a bit dizzy now.
* f1r3wire: Well I've just comfirmed I can't use the new 3DS as I can't see it's 3D either, it just makes me dizzy which isn't good right now.
* MikeMusings: Just played the 3ds, now I'm dizzy, imma hafta pass on this one
* Meshi_Kiyang: Just had a go on the new Nintendo 3DS and i was very impressed! dizzy but impressed
* Kartones: Today I played a Street Fighter IV match on the 3DS.The 3D effect is both amazing and a bit dizzy,but at least you can control or disable it
* laureninspace: Trying out the 3DS at best buy. Feeling more dizzy than impressed.
* AnthonyJGomez: I tried out Pilotwings at Best Buy yesterday on the Nintendo 3DS. The 3D made me dizzy, so I turned it off.
* AnselmGibbs: Playing Madden on the new Nintendo 3DS at work... I feel dizzy/cross-eyed now... It's available in stores this Thursday
* Neurie_: Playing 3DS whilst traveling is giving me motion sickness and eye strain! Bleurg!
* BendyNeko: Wow, I'm super impressed by the 3DS, it's like having an eye-strain headache that's utterly mind blowing O:
* lifensoul: Dont use 3DS too long as due to way it works, it will give you eye strain and **** up your vision.
* KabutoHunter: Played a 3DS. "Underwhelming" does not begin to describe the experience. Get ready for a whole generation of youths with eye strain.
* speedf7: I tried the Nintendo 3DS today at best buy and it gave me a head ache and made me sick to my stomach after only playing it for 5 minutes.
* roberthoward45: got to try a nintendo 3ds today it gave me a head ache, and i did not see anything except a blurry screen be sure to try it before u buy it
* iggypopbarker79: @AceyBongos Love to give you a verdict but the eye-ache it gave me prevents cognitive thought on #3DS. Or I've got an eye-amoeba. Again
* ctcarrick: How long before people sue nintendo for damage to kids eyes with the new 3DS? Only played it for 20 mins and I have a head ache and eye pain
* RitchieReview: The Nintendo 3DS is pretty cool. Couldn't play it for a long period of time though. Started to hurt my head even after a couple of minutes.
* fevington: My head hurts, my brain feels like it's been poked with a 3DS stylus.
* carlhodler: I'm obviously far too old for Nintendo 3Ds - my head is spinning after 5 minutes on RidgeRacer 8(
* empires_: Oh wow. Went with my friend Melissa to get her 3DS and now we're at her house playing it. Does 3D on full give anyone else a headache? :/
* JammyRaggins: Just had a go on a #3DS. I now have a headache!
* lennartdemeij: Got a headache playing on a 3ds waiting for the ipad2 XD
* mssarahfrankie: i don't think i care much for 3ds, gives me a headache.
* BendyNeko: Wow, I'm super impressed by the 3DS, it's like having an eye-strain headache that's utterly mind blowing O:
* leannshka: 3DS has given me slight headache. Uh-oh. Then banged my head getting in AND
* out of the car which hasn't helped.
* CraigLeeHenry: Game don't accept magic beans as currency, I left without a 3DS. Had a go though & got a headache. I'll spend £200 on tat in Egypt instead.
* jon_dealspwn: Gah 3DS headache! And all I've done is make my Mii!
* SmileyKev: My boss got a 3DS. It's proper impressive but I got a headache after three minutes of gameplay. Nice strategy Nintendo.
* CRTftw: Had a go on a 3DS this morning. Not a pleasant experience. Still have the headache :-/
* TeeOwnzU: Got my hands on a #3DS before. Overall I'd say I was very impressed. The headache that followed though was not flattering.
* mmetzger: Just tried a 3DS - was cool, but almost instantly gave me a headache, which 3d movies don't. Guess I'll be waiting a bit...
* JTonWNES: 10 minutes of Pilotwings later, I felt the onset of a headache. My expectations for the 3DS are not high.
* betovans: I was testing out the Nintendo 3DS at Best Buy and the thing gave me a really bad headache
* SamuraiDon: whole family play on the 3DS... Now they all got a headache even on the lowest setting it gives you a headache.
* GeekedGamer: Spent some serious time with the 3DS and I now have a slight headache. Good stuff but they got some work to do
* APMAlex: So far the 3DS is giving me a headache... my parents loved it though, locked on to the 3D effect right away.
* robynbamber_JLS: just played on my brothers 3DS and have a headache ¬¬ was pretty good though
* amazingmikeyc: I looked at a colleague's Nintendo 3DS. It's quite cool but worryingly headache-inducing.
* Mikhailov1: Concern: watching a video of the 3DS with 3D turned on gave me a headache.
* nickhearne: Just tried Street Fighter 2 3D on the 3DS. The depth is amazing. I have a slight headache after 2 minutes play though.
* RobbJ: Got to try out the 3DS today. Really don't like it. It's hard to look at and gave me motion sickness and a headache.
* TobyGard: 3DS gave me a headache...
* beiting: @bryansimpson @suncrashesdown I played with the 3DS. I hated the effect. Gave me a massive headache.
* DJMcBastard: I won't lie, I was all excited for the Nintendo 3DS. A friend confirmed my fear that it is more headache inducing than cool. Dammi
* jubear720: Played 3DS demo unit for about fifteen seconds, got a headache. Now time to listen to #Angles!! WeSoExcited
* crimmFTW: I played the 3DS in Best Buy. I had tons of focus issues with my eyes, and after I was done... I had a headache. Nope, not getting one
* rob_keyes: I have a headache and need a break. Probably wont get a chance to play with this Nintendo 3DS... just sitting there
* Crescentexh: I tried the new Nintendo 3DS at Best Buy and I got a headache right now
* jzwilliams: Played a Nintendo 3DS today for the first time. Was really impressed at first but after playing it for 5 minutes it gave me a headache.
* gamesTMmag: Worst headache of my life and it comes after extended 3DS play end of last week. Willing to call it a coincidence for the time being...
* ItsaMatt: Just came back from testing out the 3DS. All I'm gonna say is, the 3D effect gave me a realllyyyy bad headache.
* bulentm: Tried out the Nintendo 3DS. Nothing special about the 3D. It just gave me a headache.
* zeetha: Bumped into a friend & we played with a #3DS but it made both of us feel ill so we went to lunch instead of buying. Not tempted anymore!

I'm definitely not a Sony fanboy or even a Microsoft freak...but with just these posts here (probably more)...it does raise some questions...

if any temper on here has played the 3DS (or got one)...has it caused you headaches and problems described here?

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I call bullshit, I survived over 4 hours on the 3D with no problems. Weaklings who never played a video game for more than a hour.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It's no surprise. Stuff like this is likely to happen.

Also, they probably started playing it with the slider all the way up instinctively.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
It's no surprise. Stuff like this is likely to happen.

Also, they probably started playing it with the slider all the way up instinctively.

This, keeping the intensity at 1/2 is the best idea.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they realize 3D doesn't always have to be turned on
glare.gif

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
* RiotBananas: Warning to everyone, if you're already ill and have a migraine, DO NOT play the 3DS with 3D on. Urgh.
wtf.gif

If you actually have a migraine, you're pretty much already not going to want to be playing ANY games on any system until it passes.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only that... (from other posts)

I do feel like some of those twits do got bias behind them.

tbgtbg said:
QUOTE said:
wtf.gif

If you actually have a migraine, you're pretty much already not going to want to be playing ANY games on any system until it passes.
Forget that I'll keep playing.
tongue.gif

(well most of the time
laugh.gif
)

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amiti said:
It's Twitter. People complain about everything and anything no matter what.

Babies that need a bottle, they need to quit whining and use common sense. It's almost like they need Snookie to demonstrate how to turn the 3D off or turn the intensity down to a comfortable level.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nebula91 said:
I wonder if they realize 3D doesn't always have to be turned on
glare.gif

I'm sure they do, but the whole selling point of the 3DS is the 3D.

This is why companies should NEVER do a "only 3D" type thing. I know Nintendo hasn't done it, but I'm just saying, 3D is a hit or miss. It fucks with people's visions. Not everybody is able to watch it with having no headaches afterwards.

This is why I thought adding 3D to the console was a stupid idea to begin with.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Funny how no one at E3 complained, but as soon a Nintendo started to warn about potential health issues a lot of people who got their hands on the 3DS after this, started getting headaches.
In my honest opinion this is all placebo effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE