3DS gamers on twitter complaining about headaches?

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:
If Nintendo "dun goofed up" with the 3D, explain all the people who had not a single problem and love the 3D effect.
derp because not everyones' eyes are the same derp?
derp some people can be susceptible to illnesses while others aren't derp.

QUOTEWait, don't even try to, you can't.
derp.
"hay guys I say derp alot so that means I've proved my point" (:3

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:
If Nintendo "dun goofed up" with the 3D, explain all the people who had not a single problem and love the 3D effect.
So 3D movie directors also dun goofed up? Alright, then.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
linuxGuru said:
I think that a lot of these people are just determined to hate nintendo's products.
Seems like it. (Although I wouldn't say it's specifically because it's a Nintendo product)

Woah man my eyes hurt after playing with the 3DS [probably with the 3D slider all the way up but who knows]. I hate it.

To simply just hate something like that is well... Simple.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
KingVamp said:
You acting like people can't buy the 3DS for a different reason.

The 3DS doesn't even look bad.

no i'm not. the 3DS is called the 3DS for a reason. if the main new feature of the new generation of DSes causes headaches and/or nausea, and the only way to prevent them is to stop using the 3D, then this is definitely a failure from nintendo.

if you call nintendo support and say "hey, your 3D makes me feel sick wtfman?" and they say "then turn off the 3D." how is that a valid solution?
if i buy a 3DS to play games in 3D, which seems to be the main point of the 3DS, i want to be able to do so without feeling sick.
like i said, fanboys blindly defending the 3DS.

and yes, the 3DS is hideous. look at the DS phat and tell me you didn't think it was smexy when it came out. now look at the DSi XL and compare the two.
now just think about when the 2nd or 3rd 3DS models come out, you'll realize how ugly the 3DS is. the 3DS is ridiculous, it looks like nintendo intentionally fuglified it so they can come out with slimmer models in the future. but that's a different story. (and really, who cares? we'll all buy them anyway.)
Actually the phat has it on style which like. It not that it ugly it just look different.(I got the blue one) Although (ds not hard to put in your pocket just) 3DS style as it is now is easier to put in you pocket.

How would you change the design of 3DS anyway?

3DS is already "lite" .

Base on other comments, no it isn't fanboys blindly defending the 3DS.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:

"3D movie directors?" i'm sorry, but there's no such thing. also - no. 3D is always an option but isn't the selling point when watching 3D movies.
whereas, with the 3DS, 3D is obviously the selling point (maybe not for all, but in general). hence it's name.

also, i know no one's accusing me but i'll just say that i'm not a nintendo hater. i love nintendo products. i'm just not a fanboy, nor am i biased.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:

"3D movie directors?" i'm sorry, but there's no such thing. also - no. 3D is always an option but isn't the selling point when watching 3D movies.
whereas, with the 3DS, 3D is obviously the selling point (maybe not for all, but in general). hence it's name.
The 3D is the main selling point of 3D movies. hence the beginning.

3D on the 3DS is a option.

3D movie directors determined how to used the 3D as 3D devs determined how to used the 3D.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
why is it that the 3DS is the only thing people are talking about they get headaches from?
dry.gif

from what i remember 3d in general gave people (people that cant handle it) headaches.
with glasses at theaters gave people some people headaches.
i was talking with my gf the other night & she said she got a headache after watching avatar in 3d.
as for 3DS thats why theres a 3D SLIDER so its optional.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:

also, i know no one's accusing me but i'll just say that i'm not a nintendo hater. i love nintendo products. i'm just not a fanboy, nor am i biased.
It's obvious he meant film directors who film in 3D....

It's one of many selling points but of course is the most obvious one of them all, which I can't disagree with.... It's not needed for playing and is an OPTION everyone is warned about before playing it. The slider is there to help you adjust to your most comfortable setting. If their eyes can't handle it, it's not Nintendo's fault. They've done what they believe is all they can and can't fix what issues the PERSON has. If a person can't adjust to the 3D then it's fine, turn it off and play the system and all of it's new and previous features.

That's how I see it.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:
Shabutie78 said:
Ikki said:

The 3D is the main selling point of 3D movies. hence the beginning.

3D on the 3DS is a option.

i was referring more to the production of 3D movies. movies are published in 3D and in 2D - 3D just being the more expensive option. and therefore, it isn't the selling point of the movie. the selling point is the movie itself, and whether or not people want to watch it. and if they decide to make a purchase, 3D is always an option.
this obviously isn't the case with the 3DS. even though it has a 3D intensity slider, and lowering the 3D to a comfortable level could help with headaches, nintendo should have taken more time perfecting and testing the 3D so that it doesn't give people headaches or cause them to feel sick even with high levels of super duper 3D power.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
i was referring more to the production of 3D movies. movies are published in 3D and in 2D - 3D just being the more expensive option. and therefore, it isn't the selling point of the movie. the selling point is the movie itself, and whether or not people want to watch it. and if they decide to make a purchase, 3D is always an option.
this obviously isn't the case with the 3DS. even though it has a 3D intensity slider, and lowering the 3D to a comfortable level could help with headaches, nintendo should have taken more time perfecting and testing the 3D so that it doesn't give people headaches or cause them to feel sick even with high levels of super duper 3D power.
You might as well ask for the cure to cancer.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
Shabutie78 said:

you're comparing cancer to "3DS sickness."

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The fact that none of those quoted tweeters said anything about "adjusting" the effect shows they were either uninformed as to what the slider actually does (of which already said it changes the focal point, not the intensity), or they wanted to raise a ruckus. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them never actually tried it out, and just wanted to make a conflict.

There will be people who can't see the effect due to blindness in one eye, lazy eye, etc., and others who just can't handle any form of 3D. I don't think I saw any one of those quoted tweets mention their own ailments.

Laughing Stock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For god's sake, do you still think that GBA Temp is still about the GBA?

I always thought that the 3 had a triple meaning.

One of which means that the 3DS is the third major release, so it's in line with DS Phat/Lite and the DSi/XL.

As for the whiners, I don't think you can just give it five minutes and then throw it away. It's sort of like glasses. You have to get used to it.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
nebula91 said:
Shabutie78 said:

you're comparing cancer to "3DS sickness."
No, I'm comparing it as to how hard something like that would be to do. It's common sense that not EVERYONE can be custom to the 3D aspect of the game. It's a problem with a person and their viewing, not the device.

EDIT: Like I said in another post, it made as great way of promotion and, just as they wanted, customers fell for it. 3D is still an option. It's either you use it if you can and/or want to or you turn it off and play your system for what it is without that bit of extra.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:

QUOTE(nebula91 @ Mar 25 2011, 02:36 PM) If their eyes can't handle it, it's not Nintendo's fault. They've done what they believe is all they can and can't fix what issues the PERSON has. If a person can't adjust to the 3D then it's fine, turn it off and play the system and all of it's new and previous features.

That's how I see it.

You do not go watch a 3D movie expecting 2D. 3D is the selling point.

You do know you can turn the 3D off so that is the case.

Then the 3D movies should have waited to perfect it.

3DS give you both options in one packet.

Laughing Stock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Shabutie78 said:

QUOTE(nebula91 @ Mar 25 2011, 02:36 PM) If their eyes can't handle it, it's not Nintendo's fault. They've done what they believe is all they can and can't fix what issues the PERSON has. If a person can't adjust to the 3D then it's fine, turn it off and play the system and all of it's new and previous features.

That's how I see it.

You do not go watch a 3D movie expecting 2D. 3D is the selling point.

No, the consumer should have waited for the producers to perfect it before they buy the ticket.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
No, I'm comparing it as to how hard something like that would be to do. It's common sense that not EVERYONE can be custom to the 3D aspect of the game. It's a problem with a person and their viewing, not the device.

if the common factor in all these people (if any at all) were the same, say they had a slightly blind left eye, or be it a lazy right eye, or whatever it may be, nintendo should/could have fixed it.

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Mar 25 2011, 12:44 PM) You do not go watch a 3D movie expecting 2D. 3D is the selling point.

3DS give you both options in one packet.
you're not making any sense.
are you trying to say that you hear about a new movie in 3D and think "oh shit, it's in 3D i'm gonna go see it!"
instead of "this movie looks interesting, if it's in 3D i'll see it in 3D."?

point being that the selling point is the movie itself and the 3D is an extra option.
when it comes to the 3DS, this isn't true. 3D is the main feature of the 3DS to the general consumer.

edit:
this is getting way off topic. i'll let the fanboys play. cya.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth