3DS gamers on twitter complaining about headaches?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
nebula91 said:
No, I'm comparing it as to how hard something like that would be to do. It's common sense that not EVERYONE can be custom to the 3D aspect of the game. It's a problem with a person and their viewing, not the device.

if the common factor in all these people (if any at all) were the same, say they had a slightly blind left eye, or be it a lazy right eye, or whatever it may be, nintendo should/could have fixed it.
But it's not known if it's a common factor or something different between every person so that doesn't seem to matter. I edited my last post.... The "3DS" aspect helps it sell more. It's nothing short of an IMPROVED DS with 3D on the side.

The public has been told it's not completely necessary for gamers to use the 3D settings so they can still appeal to regular gamers. As I said, the slider is there to help adjust and if you can't adjust then it's a little too bad. It doesn't make the system terrible because they're one person who can't use a feature that is optional.

There's a warning also....

I understand what you mean but in my opinion it was nothing more than a marketing tactic that people blindly fell for.... 3D on the 3DS is an option and Nintendo doesn't have to perfect that if they don't want to. They have a majority that it works with and as said before... 3D isn't the only aspect and selling point of the system.
Sure in time it would be nice to see it improved slightly more but it's up to Nintendo to do so... If they feel they've reached enough people then that sucks for those who won't be able to enjoy it due to a slight error in the device or due to their own eye sight or other issues....

The comments on the 3DS from twitter just seem very lulzy and blind.

EDIT: Nintendo already mentioned that they tried to do the best they can to "perfect" this system and make it as "Lite" as possible. I wouldn't put it passed them to improve on it but I also wouldn't expect them to do so for a while seeing as how this may already be a success for the time being....

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A sourceless list of Twitter users... This definitely is not news.

I expect to hear a lot of complaints about the 3D. But I also expect an equal amount of people, who do not even own or have played the 3DS, to complain anyways just because they have an agenda.

Edit: notice the OP's obvious guilt when he plays the "fanboy" card twice.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Laughing Stock said:
No, the consumer should have waited for the producers to perfect it before they buy the ticket.
Only the consumers who couldn't see it or never can because how 3D works they switch to the 2D movies.

Just as you turn the slider down to off.

QUOTE(Shabutie78 @ Mar 25 2011, 02:47 PM) you're not making any sense.
are you trying to say that you hear about a new movie in 3D and think "oh shit, it's in 3D i'm gonna go see it!"
instead of "this movie looks interesting, if it's in 3D i'll see it in 3D."?

point being that the selling point is the movie itself and the 3D is an extra option.
when it comes to the 3DS, this isn't true. 3D is the main feature of the 3DS to the general consumer.

edit:
this is getting way off topic. i'll let the fanboys play. cya.
Some yes,but

A consumer can look at 3DS and be like "3DS looks interesting and all this with 3D!"

The consumer doesn't have to say "screw everything else it 3D!!!"

Oh and how the 3D works, for other people with their eyes it just isn't going to happen. Nintendo can't do nothing about it.

If/when they (scientist) find a method for 3D that works for everyone it probably going be a long time and more expensive.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, there's just a bit too much bickering going on here.

The fact of the matter is that some people will not like using the 3D feature of the 3DS Some people are going to have adverse reactions to it. Much like some people can't look directly into strobe lights. Does that mean that the 3DS is malfunctioning, or that it's poorly made? Certainly not. It means that some people's physiology doesn't work well with the product. There are also people who get headaches from being around Wi-Fi signals. There are some people that can hear dog whistles. There are billions of people around the world and we're not all alike.
Will this keep some people from buying the 3DS? It probably should.
I'd suggest if you intend to buy the 3DS you give one a try, and not for just five minutes.
Because if you shell out that much money for a product that gives you headaches, you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

Caveat Emptor.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Okay, there's just a bit too much bickering going on here.

The fact of the matter is that some people will not like using the 3D feature of the 3DS Some people are going to have adverse reactions to it. Much like some people can't look directly into strobe lights. Does that mean that the 3DS is malfunctioning, or that it's poorly made? Certainly not. It means that some people's physiology doesn't work well with the product. There are also people who get headaches from being around Wi-Fi signals. There are some people that can hear dog whistles. There are billions of people around the world and we're not all alike.
Will this keep some people from buying the 3DS? It probably should.
I'd suggest if you intend to buy the 3DS you give one a try, and not for just five minutes.
Because if you shell out that much money for a product that gives you headaches, you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

Caveat Emptor.
True.

Expect if you buy something and there is one thing keeping you from enjoying it and you can turn it off, turn it off.

It shouldn't keep you away from what the other things the device can do.

That like keeping a blind eye or cold shoulder to the games and other things because of one thing.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
injected11 said:
If people are getting headaches and whining, it's because they didn't bother learning how to properly use its features before turning it on.

No. Not everybody's eyes can handle 3D. Stop posting crap.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
ShadowSoldier said:
injected11 said:
If people are getting headaches and whining, it's because they didn't bother learning how to properly use its features before turning it on.

The fact that no one in those twitter posts even mention the 3DS slider, it's probable.

Laughing Stock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Laughing Stock said:
No, the consumer should have waited for the producers to perfect it before they buy the ticket.
Only the consumers who couldn't see it or never can because how 3D works they switch to the 2D movies.

Whoops. I misread your post.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I played my 3DS for a few hours last night and after a while at full 3D I did get a headache. After I reduced the 3D effect I wasn't getting the headaches and I found myself being able to focus on different depths much quicker.
So it's very simple really, adjusting the depth of field can strain your eyes and therefore give you headaches, so you just need to adjust the 3D effect down to a level at which you're comfortable. Of course everyone's eyes are different so some people can handle the depth better than others.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it does give headaches, I'll just turn the 3D off, or lower it. I still want the 3DS no matter what
tongue.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
ShadowSoldier said:
injected11 said:

The fact that no one in those twitter posts even mention the 3DS slider, it's probable.

* SamuraiDon: whole family play on the 3DS... Now they all got a headache even on the lowest setting it gives you a headache.

I think that may be the only one.
laugh.gif

But that still indirectly. (lowest settings could be anything)
Laughing Stock said:
QUOTE(KingVamp @ Mar 25 2011, 10:03 PM) QUOTE(Laughing Stock @ Mar 25 2011, 02:46 PM)

Whoops. I misread your post.
I think I see how you took that post.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gives me a bit of a headache with the 3D depth slider on full, but I'm fine when it's just under halfway.
I guess it depends on the individual.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
ShadowSoldier said:
injected11 said:

It's true...people are complaining and bitching about a feature that isn't necessary, adjustable, and is optional. But who the hell cares about random people on twitter and their decision on buying a 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1