Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Jeffey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess, you updated your emuNAND to the most recent version? Unfortunately, the most recent update breaks compatibility with 3DS flashcarts. Gateway says they're working on it, but who knows if/when they'll have a fix for it.

So is it safe to just format the emunand through the gateway menu and go back? I have a fuzzy understanding of how all of this actually works lol, don't want to do anything too detrimental (though I did just buy the 3ds XL at wally world and their return policy is quite forgiving ;-), also they had several older models with 12 or lower serial #s was shocked by that, guess 3ds's aren't too popular in my area).

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
So is it safe to just format the emunand through the gateway menu and go back? I have a fuzzy understanding of how all of this actually works lol, don't want to do anything too detrimental (though I did just buy the 3ds XL at wally world and their return policy is quite forgiving ;-), also they had several older models with 12 or lower serial #s was shocked by that, guess 3ds's aren't too popular in my area).
Emunand is really shaky on 7.2 -- I don't think its a problem with your system. One thing you might try is to update the real nand to 4.5 (with a real cart). Its the most popular firmware so the majority of testing and development is directed towards it.

A better idea, however is to wait until gateway fixes emunand for 7.2. They seem pretty confident.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you can get to the Gateway menu? So when you said going into settings freezes your console, you meant going into the settings while in Gateway mode? If that's the case, then yes, restoring the NAND would bring it back to your previous 4.4. But unless I'm misunderstanding something, you can get into the Gateway menu, therefore you can play ROMs. So I'd just wait until Gateway breaks out the fix, and not deal with formatting.

Jeffey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you can get to the Gateway menu? So when you said going into settings freezes your console, you meant going into the settings while in Gateway mode? If that's the case, then yes, restoring the NAND would bring it back to your previous 4.4. But unless I'm misunderstanding something, you can get into the Gateway menu, therefore you can play ROMs. So I'd just wait until Gateway breaks out the fix, and not deal with formatting.

Yes I can get into the gateway menu, but cannot play roms. I can click on boot gateway or boot classic mode and the system starts up, but there is a blank box where the cartridge is, then when I click on settings I get locked up in the 3ds screen. If I just start my console normally and go into settings, my original 4.4 firmware shows up. So I guess my only option to get to play roms at this point is to format the nand through the gateway menu right? That would get rid of the update that is blocking me and I could just play on the current firmware, or, as Snailface said use a physical cart to update to 4.5 if need be.

Jeffey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting the nand worked, and didn't realize with the new update I had to press select to pull up a menu of the games, everything is a go now. Thanks for all the help and taking your time to give advice guys!

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i want to update from 2.1 to 2.2
Is it possible to just replace the 2.1 launcher with the 2.2 launcher on my 3DS's SD card? or do I have to do the entire thing from scratch?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to update from 2.1 to 2.2
Is it possible to just replace the 2.1 launcher with the 2.2 launcher on my 3DS's SD card? or do I have to do the entire thing from scratch?
I haven't done it yet, but I'm 99% sure you can just transfer it over. I'm sure if you needed to redo the whole thing it'd be mentioned on their website.

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
An update - I mailed the sales 'team' at 3ds-flashcart.com AGAIN and absolutely no response...
I guess the writing is on the wall... I should have let the 'christmas specials' on their web page be a warning to me that they'd abandoned ship.
Until I hear from them, I'm assuming my $70 has disappeared into someones pocked and I won't see it again.

*EDIT*
I just heard from them on skype.
They were very apologetic and polite and promised to fix the issue by re-shipping on Monday.
I'll keep everyone updated.

Termeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After updating my MT-card to v1.4, it doesn't acknowledge my Pokemon X on my microSD card. When I'm scrolling through the games on the multirom it just stops at where Pokemon should be. I have real NAND 4.2.0-9E and I haven't updated my emunand so it's the same version.

Any suggestions at all?

fah112777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I want to buy a gateway 3ds from http://www.eachmall.me/goods-30962.html
I saw their site on shoptemp but eachmall is not listed as an authorized reseller on gateway's site.
Are they a reputable seller? Can I trust them with credit card info?
Also, my 3ds XL is on 4.1U, there shouldn't be any problems, right?

Mods, my internet is bad so I pressed the reply bottom several times. This caused duplicate messages, sorry

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, I want to buy a gateway 3ds from http://www.eachmall.me/goods-30962.html
I saw their site on shoptemp but eachmall is not listed as an authorized reseller on gateway's site.
Also, my 3ds XL is on 4.1U, there shouldn't be any problems, right?
Eachmail does not have a very good reputation here based on the gbatemp userposts about them i have seen.
I would stick to the resellers list on GW's site...or follow the advise you get here.

4.1 / 4.5 FW is all good.

PS. MODS, maybe you can delete the above 2 posts of the same person.. somehow i can't seem to report them.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought from them and plenty of other people here also, got my card fine and its not a fake
the credit card processing company (tenpay) they use is a little picky though on certain credit/debit cards though

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I emailed them them. This happened. Hope this helps anyone. With stuff. And stuff.

A) Are you guys working on getting it to work with newer firmware versions? Or do you think this will ever be a possibility?

B) Are you going to use Smea's 6.x-7.x Ssspawn exploit to eventually enable backups? He said it won't allow backups, by itself, but certainly you guys can find a way to make the Gateway work with the Ssspawn exploit once released. Do you all think the Gateway could eventually become compatible with the ssspawn exploit?

They replied,

A) yes, we are working on it.

B) SMEA exploit is known to us, but it is not related to backups. Again we are
working on it.

So for anyone wondering, it shows they're at least working on getting it working on the newer firmwares (You can be doubtful all you want, like the rest of the internet pessimists, but personally, I see no reason to be, as they have an amazing track record with doing what the community has dubbed as "the impossible".

So. Just a heads' up. In other news, I'm pretty stoked for Homebrew support. (Thanks Smea!)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I might read into stuff to much, but it the wording seems more solid than their last comments about higher firmware support in the past it has usually just been "looking into it" now it's "working on it" seems to suggest they have *something* up their sleeves, also the fact they said "smea exploit is known to us" suggests there is another exploit

As I said it's all just words but you can normally get a lot from how something is written

loathsome

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
I've got a brand new European 3DS XL Zelda Limited Edition with serial number:

SEH119366752

What's the chance this will be 4.0.5? I'm afraid to open it if it's not hackable... Very sceptical...

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica