Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
just about the coming emunand feature on the gateway card, once ive backed up my nand to the sd and done whatever else i can update to 6.3 and use the eshop etc right? the 4.5 firmware resides on the sd card for use with the exploit. (nand noob)

pedrobarca

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
just about the coming emunand feature on the gateway card, once ive backed up my nand to the sd and done whatever else i can update to 6.3 and use the eshop etc right? the 4.5 firmware resides on the sd card for use with the exploit. (nand noob)

No. The other way around. You back up your NAND to the SD and update this backup to 6.3. And the original NAND on console remains on 4.5.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. Chaldron, if you want to be able to play 3DS games using Gateway (or some other flashcart), you might as well get another 3DS, because you're going to be waiting for a long time otherwise.

That's not what I was asking - I was wondering if the installer itself still does the update blocking. When the Gateway initially released, people claimed that if you install the Gateway with the blue card (even on 5.1) it stops update nag. I was just asking if anyone knew about if the blue card installer still blocks update nag, even on 6.3.

I have no interest in the "red card" or playing 3DS games themselves, just stopping the update nag. Sorry if I was unclear earlier - my intentions are not to hold out until Gateway 6.x support.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's not what I was asking - I was wondering if the installer itself still does the update blocking. When the Gateway initially released, people claimed that if you install the Gateway with the blue card (even on 5.1) it stops update nag. I was just asking if anyone knew about if the blue card installer still blocks update nag, even on 6.3.

I have no interest in the "red card" or playing 3DS games themselves, just stopping the update nag. Sorry if I was unclear earlier - my intentions are not to hold out until Gateway 6.x support.

If it doesn't on 4.5, I don't see why it would stop the update prompt on a higher firmware version.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 4.5 has 5.0 downloaded on it , and i use GW and it still always prompts me to update when i return to the home screen from playing a rom

btw do we know where it downloads the fw update to? SD ? or NAND?
there must be someway to get rid of it no?

someone want to give us an overview or summary of where update downloads go and why we cant just delete them from where ever they are
i guess if its on the NAND it cant be deleted but if its on the SD i dont see why it cant be deleted

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I still get prompt daily to update, regardless of whether in GW mode or not, copy saves from sd, format your sd, copy back saves and launcher to remove, it definately downloads to sd in blocks im sure, and if you have a prompt to update, it should be the latest fw 6.3, not 5.x etc, as it will auto download the newest update overwriting older update

Mitch2025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still get prompt daily to update, regardless of whether in GW mode or not, copy saves from sd, format your sd, copy back saves and launcher to remove, it definately downloads to sd in blocks im sure, and if you have a prompt to update, it should be the latest fw 6.3, not 5.x etc, as it will auto download the newest update overwriting older update

I get prompted even with the SD card removed so that leads me to believe that it isn't on the SD card. Since I have e-shop titles, my plan is to wait for the Red-NAND feature, copy the NAND and update the redirected NAND, and then format the original to wipe the update while keeping my eshop games VIA Red-NANAD.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
This is slightly not gateway related but can anyone answer this. I am using a brand new 3DS with gateway currently none of the licenses accepted so when I try to open "videos" it prompts me to accept the policy. I keep pressing no just incase it auto accepts any future updates. I know pressing yes won't update my 3ds instantly but I wanted to know if it affects me in the future making nintendo easier to patch the ds.

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi
i have buy 3 GW card in september not for free (3x80= 240 euro, 3 GW card, a lot of money)now i and all user that have a GW card don't know nothing about the woork of team, the last update was on 01.11.2013 and they told :Our work is close to completion...I'd like know same news about the woork, will be out the FW 2.0? What appened? there are problem with FW? Zelda will be woorking? and pokemoon? will be multirom loader? emunand? no one know about news.....GW team is dead? i'd like know because i have pay for that card, and they told me "we support the card" in email, now they don't answere to email too. i'll buy a r43ds if will be out a new fw for this card, but the GW team did not have a good behavior towards users.
sorry for very bad english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper