Gateway installer stops firmware update nag

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rinnux, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Rinnux
    OP

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    I went through the process of running the gateway installer on my dstwo. What I noticed after the reboot was that my xl was no longer nagging me to update. I have even left the wifi on and given it plenty of time to download the update. Still nothing. I even rebooted several times and still no update window. I have gotten confirmation that others are getting the same result. So far I know it works on 4.5 and 5.0

2. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Email gateway about this.

Of course, this could be a good thing or a bad thing, but they need to know to be able to investigate it.

3. aclearersky

aclearersky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2013
    United States
    I just tried it on 5.1.0-11 and it stopped the update popup that occurs every time you turn the system on. So far I've noticed no ill effects from doing so. Ill continue to play around and see if anything is broken now.

4. Rinnux
    OP

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    I just emailed them. I will update op if gateway responds.

IronClouds, Boy12 and Snailface like this.
  5. mh_

mh_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    Poland
    Not for me. Even in GW mode, I get update screen (update got downloaded before I installed Gateway). Even while playing a game on GW, and pressing Home, I sometimes get update screen. Anyone knows if it's possible to remove downloaded system update files from SD? I don't want to format 3DS internal memory.

6. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    I heard formatting is the only way...