Hacking 3DS flashcard - blue screen only when emunand is used?

Gadgetguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all,

I have read many many posts - and it seems that in most (all?) cases, bricking happens if emunand is used.

Is this correct?

Am I safe to use v 3.1 or v 3.2 on the R4iDS - if I do not use emunand?

I know, 3.3b is (probably) safe - but 3.3b does not seem to work with Legend of Zelda...

Thank you for your replies - and if this has been already replied somewhere else: can you please tell me where?

Thank you!

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

I have read many many posts - and it seems that in most (all?) cases, bricking happens if emunand is used.

Is this correct?

Am I safe to use v 3.1 or v 3.2 on the R4iDS - if I do not use emunand?

I know, 3.3b is (probably) safe - but 3.3b does not seem to work with Legend of Zelda...

Thank you for your replies - and if this has been already replied somewhere else: can you please tell me where?

Thank you!
if you are not gonna use emunand why risk it just go back to a safe firmware

Gadgetguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then go back to 3.0.

Thank you, that is exactly what I am considering - I just dont want to risk the blue screen... That is why I asked if 3.0 is safe if I do not used emunand.

I have used the version before 3.0 (which does not support emunand): that version is I think the same as 3.3b. And neither worked for me for Zelda.

I got a message after starting Zelda saying that the gamecard has been removed... Other games work...

Gadgetguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then go back to 3.0.

Thank you, that is exactly what I am considering - I just dont want to risk the blue screen... That is why I asked if 3.0 is safe if I do not used emunand.

I have used the version before 3.0 (which does not support emunand): that version is I think the same as 3.3b. And neither worked for me for Zelda.

I got a message after starting Zelda saying that the gamecard has been removed... Other games work...

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States

It's safe even if you use Emunand.

It should, plenty of users have played it using 3.0.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
2.0b1 and anything based on it does not contain bricking code. You can use it and updated emuNAND without issue. There's the occasional annoyance like failing to boot sometimes, but I feel it's worth putting up with to be completely safe while retaining near-full functionality.

Gadgetguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you. I have just returned my r4ds card to the vendor (it had a different problem as well). As soon as I get the replacement I will try it with 3.0...

Thanks again - I just was worried a bit as the r4ids website suggests that 3.0-3.3 all can cause blue screen, and therefore they recommend not to use these versions. So as per that website, since only 3.0 to 3.3 works with Zelda - that would suggest that if one follows their recommendation ( not using 3.0 to 3.3) that would make using Zelda currently not possible.

Gadgetguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2.0b1 and anything based on it does not contain bricking code. You can use it and updated emuNAND without issue. There's the occasional annoyance like failing to boot sometimes, but I feel it's worth putting up with to be completely safe while retaining near-full functionality.

Is it safe to state that Gateway 2.0b1 is the same as r4ids 3.0?

Gadgetguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you all. Very helpful. So if nothing else happens will use 3.0 as soon as I get my replacement card back.

(The one I had worked for 5-10 minutes then the sound stopped and a bit later the game locked up: this seems to be a bug of the R4ids due to cheap parts, so I will get a replacement )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw