3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
According to the front post:
QUOTE said:
This accessory will add a second analog stick to the 3DS (appears identical in design to the first but smaller), and will even include a new shoulder button, an R2 button on the top.
It might be smaller than expected. Pictures don't tell all.

Maybe the second analog add on was also another reason why the 3DS has its price lowered, besides the unexpected low sales.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
granville said:
I have to agree with Spinal on the no need for a second analog slider. It's a personal opinion thing, but here's my views-

- FPS games control infinitely better than a second analog. The ranking is as follows: Mouse+keyboard = Wiimote+nunchuck > Touch screen >> dual analog > single analog.
- action heavy games like platformers benefit from camera control with the shoulder buttons more than analog stick. With an analog stick, i have to remove my thumb from the face buttons to adjust the camera. But with shoulder buttons, i can keep all my fingers on all buttons and not worry about getting hit

Heck, even a game like Ape Escape on PSP (IMO) controlled better just by using the face buttons. It was more like Zelda in fact. Analog stick for primary control is great, but secondary ones have always felt overblown to me.

I also agree with the sentiment that this probably isn't going to be mandatory for any games and may not even go anywhere. Depends on how much Nintendo pushes the device. No assumptions here, but just my opinion.
I agree. Camera control have been fine till now using the touch screen or using L to center the camera or whatever the games had. I don't know why suddenly all cried for a 2nd slider. I even think the PSP was fine without a second analog nub, but maybe that's just me.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
That C-Pad thing is stupid, hope it's fake, if it's real I was hoping for something like this:-
3DS2.png

"1" denotes, the place where the 2nd C-Pad would "stick" onto, since there's enough space there. While "2" denotes the wires (inside a black plastic case) going under the 3DS and linked to the extra very thin "plate" attached to the bottom of the 3DS which is connected to the AV port??

IDK what shit I blabbered there, but the rumored picture of 2nd C-Pad looks disaster, will make the 3DS heavier. And Monster Hunter...I still don't get why people enjoy it. I prefer God Eater Burst over it any day.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Seriously, why are some people just so crazy over one analog when there's a decent touchscreen?

Maybe in MH they'll use both but...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
chris888222 said:
Seriously, why are some people just so crazy over one analog when there's a decent touchscreen?
Because people want the features of the Vita without owning a Vita.
e.g. people who claim to hate Sony

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
prowler_ said:
chris888222 said:
Because people want the features of the Vita without owning a Vita.
e.g. people who claim to hate Sony
My gosh, this this.

I don't have any hate towards any company (but Apple is starting to piss me off - especially today), so I don't really care. Vita for me, still. Plus the add-on if it really were announced.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
chris888222 said:

Ikr, I never complained about my PSP having a single analog, so I'm used to having a single analog stick on any handheld (be it Sony, Nintendo or Mi- oh wait they don't have), btw why would we need a 2nd C-Pad when we've got the Gyro sensor (touchscreen also like you mentioned)?? It's not like people play everytime with 3D on, or are people lazy and don't want to move their 3DS?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SamAsh07 said:
chris888222 said:

Ikr, I never complained about my PSP having a single analog, so I'm used to having a single analog stick, btw why would we need a 2nd C-Pad when we've got the Gyro sensor (touchscreen also like you mentioned)?? It's not like people play everytime with 3D on, or are people lazy and don't want to move their 3DS?
I pretty much believe (as prowler) said, people - or damn Ninty fanboys spamming Nintendo support over this analog issue. (part jk on the spamming)

I'll still get it though, and stuff it in my DSi XL case (which I hardly use).

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is horrid. I'll just wait for 3ds Revision 2..... when all this bull is built INTO the system.
Nintendo is just all over the place lately. Wii U, imo looks terrible. 3DS looked fine, then they dropped the price by a solid 80 bucks just a few months after launch. Now.... they're adding MORE gimmicks to their consoles.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
There is 2 things i want for this that hasn't been revealed.
Extra battery power + Compatible with the 2 New Mario and Pokemon Rumble
Oh and half the price of a game..

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Zerox8610 said:
This is horrid. I'll just wait for 3ds Revision 2..... when all this bull is built INTO the system.
Nintendo is just all over the place lately. Wii U, imo looks terrible. 3DS looked fine, then they dropped the price by a solid 80 bucks just a few months after launch. Now.... they're adding MORE gimmicks to their consoles.
Er... whut?

Analog + R2 = gimmick?

QUOTE(FireGrey @ Sep 7 2011, 04:44 PM) There is 2 things i want for this that hasn't been revealed.
Extra battery power + Compatible with the 2 New Mario and Pokemon Rumble
Oh and half the price of a game..
I hope for extra battery power as well (being speculated btw).

If not, it better be at a good price.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Aieee.....

Update: A Nintendo UK representative has confirmed the device is real, saying:

We can confirm that Nintendo does plan to release the attachment but that any further announcements on the attachment will be made at some later time by Nintendo.[/p]

So much for the claim "The gyro is our 2nd C-Pad
dry.gif
"

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The second analog can also replace the tilt sensor, because tilting the console to either side breaks the 3D effect.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Veho said:
The second analog can also replace the tilt sensor, because tilting the console to either side breaks the 3D effect.
Now I'll just wait for hands-on with it (hopefully at TGS). How does it feel? Significantly thicker? Significantly heavier?

And you're right. Your head moving with the console (in order to maintain the 3D) feels awful.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Zerox8610 said:
Now.... they're adding MORE gimmicks to their consoles.
Er... whut?

Analog + R2 = gimmick?

I'm talking about 3D, the motion gaming fad in general and what ever the hell the Wii U is considered.
Not all necessarily the 3DS and such.

And I consider another attachment to add 2 buttons a bit ridiculous. Especially with the size of the thing.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Zerox8610 said:
chris888222 said:
Zerox8610 said:
Er... whut?

Analog + R2 = gimmick?

I'm talking about 3D, the motion gaming fad in general and what ever the hell the Wii U is considered.

And I consider another attachment to add 2 buttons a bit ridiculous. Especially with the size of the thing.
Oh I see. Yes I have to agree, just 2 buttons seems illogical. Unless it is fit with a battery pack or that the image is much larger than the actual product.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Zerox8610 said:
chris888222 said:
Zerox8610 said:
Er... whut?

Analog + R2 = gimmick?

Why is 3D a gimmick. It's a graphical and visual enhancement just like HD. In your logic HD would be a gimmick too.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I wouldnt mind if monster hunter supports it. I dont play MH alone anyways and the 3DS is gathering dust anways. So its pretty much stationairy as it could be so go ahead! Give me the grip and the game! And making it fatter might remove the fact that i get cramp so easily so why not.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, this looks like garbage. Nintendo has made a few questionable design choices through the years and this one is by far one of the worst. It not only looks ugly, it will inevitably be added into 3DS revision 2 which is bound to piss a ton of people off. Really, this just makes me feel like the 3DS was a rushed mess and so now they're shipping out accessories that should have been included as features in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one