Homebrew 3ds extdata dump and restore tool (extra data editing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Ah, now I understand. I was under the impression the app itself did the de/re-encrypting, but it does make more sense for the console to do it natively. ^^;

Maybe eventually. I know it's possible on the Wii U to decrypt many things straight from your PC, due to a lot of keys being given to the public recently...

Reactions: Jayro

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very interested in making my streetpass Mii a gold pants dude. I'll have to backtrack and read into this topic a bunch...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just so I fully understand, I have savedatafiler so I don't need this, correct?
This doesn't do anything I can't do with savedatafiler?

I understand that if I only have homebrew functionality, this would be very useful!
Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: frogboy

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
themperror I tried to use your gateway build of extdata tool, but it didn't get pass the Licensed by Nintendo/3DS Screen. It doesn't give "the card was removed" error.
I'm with gw 3.0.1 ultra, tried with 4.2.0-9U and 9.4.0-21U emunands running on a 3DS XL.

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
themperror I tried to use your gateway build of extdata tool, but it didn't get pass the Licensed by Nintendo/3DS Screen. It doesn't give "the card was removed" error.
I'm with gw 3.0.1 ultra, tried with 4.2.0-9U and 9.4.0-21U emunands running on a 3DS XL.
I dont know whats wrong sorry, I straight off compiled the code on github and it works for me on gateway..

PECONAUT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know whats wrong sorry, I straight off compiled the code on github and it works for me on gateway..

Could you explain your step. I follow this guide and after editing the file i when back to the app and selected "Restore extData based on cinfig.txt" but nothing happen. the screen just goes black and return me to the menu

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to have had success:
8I3zLi4.jpg

RkQQRXq.jpg

It also seems to have bypassed the name restriction for streetpass. I wasn't able to have that name before.

Something weird happened with mine, I was able to get the gold pants, but I get none of the bonus effects (i.e. sparkles, gold menu, Lvl 5 allies).

EDIT: I suspect it has something to do with the StreetPass plaza, I've followed the instructions "to the T" with two different Miis, one with sharing/copying, one without. One with editing the second byte, one without. Both have gold pants, no special bonuses.

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Could you explain your step. I follow this guide and after editing the file i when back to the app and selected "Restore extData based on cinfig.txt" but nothing happen. the screen just goes black and return me to the menu

If you're using the Gateway compiled extdata_dumper, make sure the CFL_DB.dat is in the root directory of the SD card together with the config.

Something weird happened with mine, I was able to get the gold pants, but I get none of the bonus effects (i.e. sparkles, gold menu, Lvl 5 allies).

EDIT: I suspect it has something to do with the StreetPass plaza, I've followed the instructions "to the T" with two different Miis, one with sharing/copying, one without. One with editing the second byte, one without. Both have gold pants, no special bonuses.

You and I both. I do get gold pants, but I can't get the shiny stuff. I feel like I've tried everything, but it simply won't work.

Reactions: PECONAUT

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well.. I've now got gold pants in streetpass plaza however my things in quest aren't lvl 5...? and I DO have the sparkles

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're using the Gateway compiled extdata_dumper, make sure the CFL_DB.dat is in the root directory of the SD card together with the config.

You and I both. I do get gold pants, but I can't get the shiny stuff. I feel like I've tried everything, but it simply won't work.

Same, I spent a few hours on it before I realized it wasn't worth my time.

I'm curious as to if these issues are client-side or not, someone with the same problem should test a streetpass out and let us know if the sparkles/effects show up on the remote system.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

It was the microSD I was using on my gateway, swapped it and worked. But I also got a gold pants mii without sparkles and the other things.
EDIT: Tried again from the start, it worked. But it seems that nintendo created gold pants miis have they puzzle swap slots injected to unlock all the pieces from when the mii was created or there's another flag to set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.