Homebrew save-data-copy-tool: Copy save data between gamecard and digital versions of games

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tool allows for copying save data between gamecards and digital games on the Nintendo 3DS.

Insert a game card, run the software, choose the destination, and hope it works.

An example case of where this is useful is when game cards were dumped and installed as digital titles, and you want to copy all the saves over to them.

Why use this over Checkpoint? It doesn't require starting the target game first, it will automatically format the save for you. It does a direct copy between the two game saves without needing to manually back up and restore.

Why use this over Save Data Transfer Tool? It can copy from digital to gamecard as well, and it doesn't erase the old save. It's also much faster when you have to deal with multiple game cards (or maybe even just one).

https://github.com/ihaveamac/save-data-copy-tool/releases
https://github.com/ihaveamac/save-data-copy-tool

Last edited by ihaveahax,

multisofteis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will this work for my specific use case?
I lost my original Pokemon Y save file that I still have my powersaves backup from. I restored it to a newly acquired one, but since these are cartridge specific, it will just result in an error trying to restore it.
What if I restore it to the cart, without opening the game, just so it holds the save. Can this tool then restore it to a digital ROM Backup and convert the save correctly?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost my original Pokemon Y save file that I still have my powersaves backup from. I restored it to a newly acquired one, but since these are cartridge specific, it will just result in an error trying to restore it.
What if I restore it to the cart, without opening the game, just so it holds the save. Can this tool then restore it to a digital ROM Backup and convert the save correctly?

Powersaves are encrypted save, unless you can decrypt it, it is no use.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Without the header info from the original cart there is no way to decrypt the save. And I don't think Powersaves backs up this info, would've been nice if it did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat