Gaming 3ds demos, what is 'limited time'?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hi, i saw this on the front page today, that now i can download some game demos (using a japanese 3ds, which i have) and it said 'Ability to download limited time demos for retail 3DS games from the eshop', yet i could see nothing about time on the download page.

can anyone elaborate about the time thing? is it that the demo will only be 'available' to be downloaded for a limited time? and it works forever?
or, that, you can download it whenever, but your 'demo licence' for that game will run out after say a month? (psp demos work this way i think...)
or is it both of these?

thanks guys :)

p.s. i downloaded monster hunter and dead or alive :)

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
hi, i saw this on the front page today, that now i can download some game demos (using a japanese 3ds, which i have) and it said 'Ability to download limited time demos for retail 3DS games from the eshop', yet i could see nothing about time on the download page.

can anyone elaborate about the time thing? is it that the demo will only be 'available' to be downloaded for a limited time? and it works forever?
or, that, you can download it whenever, but your 'demo licence' for that game will run out after say a month? (psp demos work this way i think...)
or is it both of these?

thanks guys :)

p.s. i downloaded monster hunter and dead or alive :)
I think you can only play the demos like thirty times before it tells you to buy the game

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
They set a limit on the number of plays. In this instance, 30.

I'm still mad about not getting a Japanese 3DS. They only cost $250 albeit no warranty.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ah ok cool, thanks :)
and yeah i got mine on playasia when they had a discount for some reason a month or two after they came out, even though they are cheaper now, but still, i'm looking forward to these free gba games!
also when i preordered ocarina of time, they raised the price after, but since i preordered it i had secured the lower price :)
if i wipe the device to factory settings, will that reset my play 'counter'?

i think... it said when i was downloading the games that i could redownload the game 10 times or something? like, from where you 're'download the nes games and things, for fellow ambassador people. i didn't try to understand the message so hard, i just wanted to play games :(

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ah ok cool, thanks :)
and yeah i got mine on playasia when they had a discount for some reason a month or two after they came out, even though they are cheaper now, but still, i'm looking forward to these free gba games!
also when i preordered ocarina of time, they raised the price after, but since i preordered it i had secured the lower price :)
if i wipe the device to factory settings, will that reset my play 'counter'?

i think... it said when i was downloading the games that i could redownload the game 10 times or something? like, from where you 're'download the nes games and things, for fellow ambassador people. i didn't try to understand the message so hard, i just wanted to play games :(
I seriously doubt Nintendo would allow that... From what I recall, all the things you download in the eshop become registered, also, you have an account connected to the eshop, so you'd have to delete that account and make a new one in order to download it again without it being registered.. Or something..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.