Hardware 3ds circle pad vs new 3ds XL circle pad?

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
sorry for the vague title, my question is: is the circle pad in the original 3ds the same as the one in the new 3ds XL? my original 3ds's circle pad is so much smoother than my new 3ds XL's circle pad and I'd like to swap them.

*DISCLAIMER* I'm talking about the actual sliding joy-stick on the inside of the 3ds, not the rubber-coated piece on the outside.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jacobf0303,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just to be sure, you mean the pad on the left, yes?
they shouldn't be much different between those two really.
i mean, your old one could be a little less resitant simply because you used it for a long time already?
but if your new one feels like its harder to move in one direction than in another, then something could be wrong with it. like dust and grime

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just to be sure, you mean the pad on the left, yes?
they shouldn't be much different between those two really.
i mean, your old one could be a little less resitant simply because you used it for a long time already?
but if your new one feels like its harder to move in one direction than in another, then something could be wrong with it. like dust and grime
Yes, the one on the left. I've played AC:NL for over 250-ish hours on this 3ds and the circle pad has never worn in, it was like this out of the box, I wouldn't say it's hard to move But I wouldn't say it's smooth. I've tried soaking the piece in soapy water, oiling it but I've had no luck so if it's possible I'll just swap it out for my old circle pad.

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UPDATE: I decided to find out myself and discovered that no, they aren't compatible. the original is just a tiny bit bigger so it won't fit.
Side note: holy crap the original 3ds has a lot of screws.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I know who I need to call. :ninja: