3ds card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by a-n00b-dude, Apr 22, 2014.

1. a-n00b-dude
    OP

a-n00b-dude Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2014
    United States
    so i been reviewing lots and lots of sites that sell the r4 gold deluxe card and they all show up 2 be scam. can anyone recommend a good site for buying one of these? preferably usa store. thanks.

2. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Real Hot Stuff, they are a good store, ordered there multiple times without issue.

3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Do not bother getting anything else than the Gateway. With the omega firmware, its nothing short of perfect. I recommend getting one at Realhotstuff.com also.

4. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    If you're on a tight budget, you need to seriously consider whether or not you're fine with only having a limited subset of games, no EmuNAND and a single flashed ROM with the R4i Gold Deluxe. It's EXTREMELY probable that it will never receive another firmware update, I'd save up for the Gateway if I were you.

4coolday likes this.
  5. 4coolday

4coolday Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    Switzerland
    Yes, Gateway and MT Card are the best choice, almost all 3ds roms support, multi-roms supports, emunanad supports, eshop supports.....

by the way r4i gold deluxe can also support emuNAND by their firmware V3.1

6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    only mt card and gateway support multirom, and eshop titles
    the last r4i update that had proper emunand support bricks the 3ds and the so called 4.0 update which will "fix everything" isnt coming because the FPGA can not be updated
    dont even bother with the r4i deluxe, its just a cheap clone of gateway and now its a dead cart (you get what you pay for)

7. a-n00b-dude
    OP

a-n00b-dude Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2014
    United States
    so realhotstuff.com is legit? how many business days did it take 4 u 2 get ur goods? im from texas.

8. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    realhotstuff.com is definitely legit. They ship out of New Jersey, I'd imagine you have your stuff probably about 4 days after you order it if not sooner. They're usually pretty quick to get stuff out same or next day.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I would not recommend getting another 3DS flashcart than the Gateway 3DS. The others are all clones, with the exception of maybe the MT-Card, but the Gateway has the best support out of the bunch. They were the first to release eShop games support, and their multi-ROM system is more convenient for switching games than the MT-card, as it lets you select the game from an easy-to-read list rather than cycling through your entire collection game by game.

The price difference between 3DS flashcarts is not so big anymore with sites like www.eachmall.me selling the Gateway for ~$60, which is where I bought mine. It's an original Gateway and works great with the latest firmware. I would definitely recommend buying a Gateway from that site.

Most of the sites selling these are in China, and that's where you'll get the cheapest prices so if you are on a budget I would not recommend buying from a US-based website but if you have no other option or money isn't an issue then www.realhotstuff.com is a good option. They have been around for a very long time, longer than any of the China-based sites.

10. a-n00b-dude
    OP

a-n00b-dude Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2014
    United States
    man my 3ds xl says ver. 7.1.0- 16U

11. RikuCrafter

RikuCrafter GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    Don't buy a card. You need 4.1-4.5 to use it.

12. 4coolday

4coolday Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    Switzerland
    Just buy a cheap normally 3DS card is ok, such as R4i Gold 3Ds or DSTwo, to play free NDS or GBA games,
    your V7.x 3DS can't run free 3DS games till now

13. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    buy the mt card if you have to , don't give money to the people who brick console and still haven't admitted it.

And also the games that can be played on a clone are not limited AFAIK , new playable ones keep coming each day.. it's only the eshop ones which can't be played and for me the only worthy one is ace attorney which is a full game , the other look kind of meh

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Why would he buy any he is on 7.1.....all he can get is a NDS card
    Also the games playable on a stable launcher for the clones is limited, if you don't mind save freezing bugs etc feel free to get a clone.....still doesn't change that non of the cards will work for him on his 7.x console

4coolday likes this.
  15. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    I didn't know Pokemon X/Y/Animal Crossing and MultiROM was working on R4 3DS.:rolleyes:

16. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, you should either look into a DSTwo, which also has decent emulation of older consoles, or other DS-mode cart, or trade your console for a lower version one and buy either Gateway or MT-card, R4 will probably never publish another update.

17. a-n00b-dude
    OP

a-n00b-dude Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2014
    United States
    hey so i didnt mention how i ordered an r4 card from a site cuz i felt i got scammed because i read reviews about that site. ppl saying they never got any of their orders and other ppl sayin it took 3 months just to get a rip off version of their cards and so on. well today the package came in. from r4-usa.com let me post a pic and can yal tell me if i can use this card to play ds games.

18. a-n00b-dude
    OP

a-n00b-dude Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2014
    United States
  19. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
  20. a-n00b-dude
    OP

a-n00b-dude Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2014
    United States
    yea it does. so i did everything im supposed to and all i get is a black screen with "can't open_dsmenu.dat"