OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What EXACTLY were you doing at the time

Quoted from Soupaface @ 3dsbuzz.com

I just opened up my 3DS about...2 minutes ago, to see this:

Pretty neat looking, right?...
Well, I am still a little shocked, sure, but I have experianced this same thing with my DSi XL, and that simply sorted itself out. All it took for my DSi XL to go back to normal was to wait for the batterry to die and then start it up again. It worked...I'll never understand how, but, awesome.

This is by no means what will happen if Nintendo 'bricks' your system. No, according to Nintendo this Blue Screen of Death signifys that something within my 3DS crashed, possibly caused by. Here's a few things to enforce my statement:
http://www.megagames.com/news/ninten...e-screen-deathhttp://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...7064817AA41XAR
So if you couldn't tell already, the name "Blue Screen of Death" is misleading, because my 3DS will work just fine again one Nintendo's customer service can diagnose just what the issue is.

There could be multiplue reasons why this happened, and the fact that it happened to my DSi XL before could mean that it's something I've done similarly to both systems. The only thing I can think of is having both of my systems have been charging nearly every second sinse I got them, I've only removed the charging cable from my 3DS about three times for very short amounts of time, and as an early adopter of the 3DS, that's a pretty long time.

Could charging be the cause of this?...extremely doubtful, but I assure those of you out there that I haven't committed any illegal acts on my 3DS...my DSi on the otherhand...probably not...:/ , but yes, my 3DS was innocent in all of this, something I did must've triggered this however....but I didn't do anything except open it up...damn.

or just read the original thread... http://www.3dsbuzz.com/3ds-forum/nintendo-3ds-hardware-10/blue-screen-death-%5B-4621/

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick look here:

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Bootloader

It seems this is just a 3DS with a removed bootloader so there is likely nothing to see here.

Of course the screens are wayyy to blurry to make out what the numbers are after "BOOTROM NNNN" but I'd call this fake or just simply a removed NAND chip that these guys at "3DSBuzz" are getting the public hyped on, which really doesn't mean anything unless they've dumped and decrypted the NAND which I doubt is the case.

Reactions: 1 person

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
3DS's Nand/Nor is damaged, get it back to Nintendo for a replacement, they're bad block management appears to not be as good as they wanted... :sad:

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Perhaps because removing the chip is a way to get that blue screen?

This is most likely either stinky fake or a kid who doesn't know what he's doing. In any case it's an attention seeking noob.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Why would those retards remove the Nand chip? Scanlime proved that the Nand chip requires a special authentication to boot.
Maybe to be able to do continuity testing on the traces so people can figure out how to interface the nand chip with their own flash programmers using the QA testing pads that are on the 3DS's motherboard.

You obviously don't have enough of a brain to do this type of stuff yourself or even enough of a brain to understand that your insults are more of a description of yourself.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe to be able to do continuity testing on the traces so people can figure out how to interface the nand chip with their own flash programmers using the QA testing pads that are on the 3DS's motherboard.

Although your statement retains true, I think these kids would have gotten the same results as Scanlime after he tested himself back in 2008.

Removing the nand without any acknowledgement of how to debug it quickly becomes pointless doesn't it? I suggest people look at the current hardware flaws present by scanlime, darkfader, and other various groups who have exploited the DS systems.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
You act like you know we can, but I haven't seen any proof. Why do you insist that the same method of dumping the nand on the DSi is the same as the 3DS?

It's "retarded" to remove the nand because it only retains to trail and error trying to dump a nand that is completely new. How do you know the encryption/boot authentication is the same? We don't know enough about the hardware to make this assumption. In fact, everything discussed about dumping the 3DS nand is assumption.

Please get your emotions under control. Quite your whining about insults on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.