3DS 11.4 Firmware Update Available

0hnqi7q.png

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: BootNTR Selector got updated hours ago for 11.4 support! :D

saymonlindo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if i tell u that i cant find the cia, u will smile?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You install the CIA with FBI then launch it. What other tutorial do you need?

i will search a video on youtube

Last edited by saymonlindo,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Really...? Really? No I will not smile. I will facepalm. Go to the releases page for Luma Updater, find the latest release. Attached to that release is the CIA. Download that and install it with FBI. No one is going to hold your hand through this process. You can find the link.

saymonlindo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Curses! It'll be repaired though, right? I updated because everyone said it was safe, and I'm not streaming any time soon, but I will want that feature. Figures though.

It maybe safe, yet some stuff is broken with just some minor workarounds (no need for 11.4 right now tbh)

To save future hassle, never update right away and make it a lesson learned, if you require certain functionality, as you never know what happens when new fw drops.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not the releases page. You linked to the releases page earlier..! Hell, even TheCyberQuake posted the link..!

No... The .cia is on the releases page you linked before. :rolleyes:
Good luck getting that through to their brain, because I already mentioned that to them before.

Reactions: saymonlindo

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It maybe safe, yet some stuff is broken with just some minor workarounds (no need for 11.4 right now tbh)

To save future hassle, never update right away and make it a lesson learned, if you require certain functionality, as you never know what happens when new fw drops.
Lesson learned, I don't usually rush into it, but I guess I got cocky and thought it'd be fine, as everyone said it was working fine. So you think that in due time, the streaming will be back online?

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually 11.4 has a use, if you were on 11.3. if fixes oot3d and the other games that had 11.3 lag.

it's 11.3 that has no use, except to be exploited.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually 11.4 has a use, if you were on 11.3. if fixes oot3d and the other games that had 11.3 lag.

11.3 does have a use if you have CFW and use NTR Streaming, the streaming part of NTR was broken in 11.4. If you don't care about NTR Streaming or homebrew launched from HBL, then yes 11.3 has no use. HBL was broken on 11.3 for o3ds, meaning some homebrew like Halo: Revamped won't work at all on 11.4 o3ds.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

Lag in a small minority of titles on 11.3 does not warrant a update to 11.4 in my book, as they are not a priority.

duboisbrian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Homebrew Loader now working on 11.4 with Luma
do u have a link with the update payload

Also i updated to 11.4 from 11.3 with stable luma 3ds/a9 and everything is fine except homebrew (but some people are saying to update to luma nightly release to fix a reboot issue, what is the issues specifically, as i have noticed anything weird ?)

Last edited by duboisbrian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: exactly my point