3DS 11.4 Firmware Update Available

0hnqi7q.png

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: BootNTR Selector got updated hours ago for 11.4 support! :D

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've finally updated to 11.4 and got the new boot NTR CFW selector to go with it; now I'm in the Homebrew Launcher and trying to load up Rutile Ruby through hans. Everything was fine before the update but after the update I get stuck on a green screen when I try to boot it up. Any ideas on what went wrong.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm 11 kernel access, not arm9. From smea's twitter.
Just stop. You have NO CLUE what you're talking about. udsploit is launched as a separate .3dsx file from homebrew launcher, AFTER you have already triggered a *hax payload to boot into HBL in the first place. udsploit has NEVER been a part of a *hax payload, and it still isn't. *hax payloads always have been ,and always will be, USERLAND.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Quantumcat

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'am a fan of retro computers and also have every current generation of hardware, yet what does my screen name have to do with my post? My answer before was aimed at that guy's question, since the topic of the thread is about the 3DS using 11.4 fw.
i'm not just saying your wrong, i just found it kind of funny

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Just stop. You have NO CLUE what you're talking about. udsploit is launched as a separate .3dsx file from homebrew launcher, AFTER you have already triggered a *hax payload to boot into HBL in the first place. udsploit has NEVER been a part of a *hax payload, and it still isn't. *hax payloads always have been ,and always will be, USERLAND.

Yes it has ever since gspwn was patched. If you insist otherwise then why in the world would udsploit be included in the *hax payload source? Specifically in https://github.com/smealum/ninjhax2.x/tree/superto/libctru . How else is the *hax payload supposed to do the process takeover now that gspwn is patched? Not to mention smea's own tweet referring to the 11.4 update https://twitter.com/smealum/status/851646588376104960 .

and of course this means 11.3+ hax payload source code is now available https://github.com/smealum/ninjhax2.x/tree/superto … - it's basically just udsploit

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it has ever since gspwn was patched. If you insist otherwise then why in the world would udsploit be included in the *hax payload source? Specifically in https://github.com/smealum/ninjhax2.x/tree/superto/libctru . How else is the *hax payload supposed to do the process takeover now that gspwn is patched? Not to mention smea's own tweet referring to the 11.4 update https://twitter.com/smealum/status/851646588376104960 .
No arm11 hooks== no kernel. GIVE IT UP. "basically" != "exactly"

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
No arm11 hooks== no kernel. GIVE IT UP. "basically" != "exactly"

Just because it doesn't let other homebrew have arm11k access doesn't mean it doesn't use an arm11 kernel exploit internally. Why don't you check the source code yourself. Think about it, why would there be a "udsploitless n3ds support" commit if that wasn't the case. Also see "Result udsploit(u32*);" and "#ifdef UDSPLOIT" in https://github.com/smealum/ninjhax2.x/blob/superto/cn_secondary_payload/source/main.c and think about why those things would be present.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because it doesn't let other homebrew have arm11k access doesn't mean it doesn't use an arm11 kernel exploit internally. Why don't you check the source code yourself. Think about it, why would there be a "udsploitless n3ds support" commit if that wasn't the case. Also see "Result udsploit(u32*);" and "#ifdef UDSPLOIT" in https://github.com/smealum/ninjhax2.x/blob/superto/cn_secondary_payload/source/main.c and think about why those things would be present.
Why make udsploit.3dsx then? You already have to run a *hax payload to run it anyway, right? Why don't YOU look at the code yourself? The *hax code isn't anything like https://github.com/smealum/udsploit. Even with the 11.4 payloads, you still MUST run udsploit.3dsx to have arm11 access to use things like FBI or SafeCTRTransfer. Same concept does not mean the same thing. What is done in *hax still does not break you out of userland. PERIOD.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 11.2, and see no reason to update any time soon. I can't access the eShop anyway (JPN N3DS turned into US) so it's all Freeshop anyway. Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why make udsploit.3dsx then? You already have to run a *hax payload to run it anyway, right? Why don't YOU look at the code yourself? The *hax code isn't anything like https://github.com/smealum/udsploit. Even with the 11.4 payloads, you still MUST run udsploit.3dsx to have arm11 access to use things like FBI or SafeCTRTransfer. Same concept does not mean the same thing. What is done in *hax still does not break you out of userland. PERIOD.
Based on my limited research the other guy is right. Essentially udsploit was put in to bypass the need for gspwn which was patched in 11.3, but didn't grant escalation to other apps. The .3dsx that now exists merely allows you to use privilege escalation on other apps as well. I mean smea says in a tweet the source for the hax payloads are essentially udsploit.

Edit: obviously there are going to be differences between the hax payloads and the udsploit 3dsx, they don't run the same at all.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I recently installed Soundhax and low and behold it's patched out of this new update. So, Is it easy to install cfw on 11.3? Or are there any good homebrew bypasses i can add to get onto eshop and access the bank?

On an unrelated note, In anticipation of Digimon Re Digitize patch, I'd like to be able to rip a copy of my cart. Any suggestions for homebrew or the aforementioned CFW?

Also I'm pretty new to this with the 3ds

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
essentially udsploit.

Edit: obviously there are going to be differences between the hax payloads and the udsploit 3dsx, they don't run the same at all.
Again with "essentially". That's like saying "almost". If you "almost" do something, you still FAIL.

Why make a whole other app that piggybacks on *hax? If it WERE the SAME, then wouldn't it have been less effort to simply add in the extra escalation to *hax rather than make an entirely separate app? Both of these might exploit the very same vulnerability, but they are still very distinct and separate things as they are currently written. This is the last I'll chime in on the issue.

@XDragon2688 yes, it is. 3ds.guide has already been updated. Follow it to the letter.

Tarskidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone and I hope somebody can please answer this question. Will the original supercard DSTwo flash cart (not the DSTwo Plus) still work on FW 11.4 on the old 3DS XL (not new 3DS) model or is it also blocked. I only want this to continue playing my DS ROMs and virtual games as I am not looking at playing 3DS ROMs or other kernel hacks/exploits. Thank you.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you're on N3DS, yeah. It's only affecting N3DS as far as we know. Reboot patches (which are what allow AGB/DS(i) to work on CFW) were broken by something Nintendo did.

Basically
Expect this only seems to be effecting New3DS owners. This doesn't look like something Nintendo intended to do, so it might be a little harder to troubleshoot this one.

Ah okay thanks you two, I heard Luma's latest nightly already takes care of it

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah okay thanks you two, I heard Luma's latest nightly already takes care of it
Latest nightly of Luma3DS fixed this
Latest nightly of Corbenik also fixed this
Latest ReiNAND now works with 11.4
CakesFW is still being worked on