360 VS One

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find myself playing my 360 since the start of 2022. I have barely touched my xbox1 since the games are either online only, pay to enjoy, or bad remakes of excellent PC classics. My 360 is OFW and I own over 300 games. I never get tired of playing them. The 360 you can play most games without requiring internet or insane game updates that are huge. It seems like the Xbox one you are expecting disappointment with the modern games not to mention Microsoft forgets what a real sale is or any decent game for Gold membership. I do like Elder Scrolls Online, BUT I know my efforts will be wasted when they decide to close server for next gen. I stay away from online games for that reason. SOE Starwars Galaxies taught me how might time/money you waste playing online game only. It just seems the 360 era was the end to fun/affordable gaming.

I'm just curious how others see the console industry direction as good or bad as we pass each era of consoles. Dreamcast is still my favorite console of all time.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
300 games? That is impressive.

Mine has grown a little bit since https://gbatemp.net/threads/xbox-36...sing-obvious-choices-some-help-wanted.591663/ (got Venetica the other day and a few choice ones over the last few months) and indeed it is mainly about 5 games that are missing at this point. How I could expand that to 300, possibly even with XBLA, I don't know. To that end suggestions if you have them.

That said yeah the 360 is good stuff, possibly one of the best times I have had in console gaming.

Reactions: CoolMe and ISO-Man

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine has grown a little bit since https://gbatemp.net/threads/xbox-36...sing-obvious-choices-some-help-wanted.591663/ (got Venetica the other day and a few choice ones over the last few months) and indeed it is mainly about 5 games that are missing at this point. How I could expand that to 300, possibly even with XBLA, I don't know. To that end suggestions if you have them.

That said yeah the 360 is good stuff, possibly one of the best times I have had in console gaming.
my 300+ Collection consists of Xbox and 360 titles. Back in the early days of Xboxone, the sales were great for the 360. I never had to pay over $4.99 a game. My son did want certain titles ASAP and he would pay for those games. I never touched the Xbox, I was a PS2 fan and to me, the Dreamcast over Xbox. After Sony screwed everyone on Starwars Galaxies, I switched to Xbox, buying the 360 during a Black Friday Sale.

I'm rebuying a lot of classics from the 360 era for the series x. though, there's one I wish would be added, and that's eternal sonata. that's one reason my 360 is still hooked up, aside from being a test console.
I was so tempted to buy the X, but I'm just not happy with the direction the games are going to make that investment.

Reactions: godreborn

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even with an original xbox collection in the mix getting the number up to 300 is fairly impressive -- I came in quite late to personal ownership* of the xbox (shop had a nice deal so I got a 1.6 and 20 or so games of my choice from the stack for £100 or something) but that only pumps it another 60 or so for me (granted I can't name 60 games I would have for the xbone or PS4, and I am still counting conventionally on fingers come to think of it if I remove remakes/remasters/rereleases rehashes, I would have which is telling) and maybe a bit more if I remove some of the gamecube and PS2 duplicates but not many (not to mention original xbox is probably only behind PC in having best versions of any given game so tended to go there).

*granted that is my general approach for most ownership of consoles. The 360 being an exception.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit