Does updating Xbox 360 also update its original Xbox emulator which is in partition 2 ?

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to hack my own WD HDD for use with my 360 slim. I also want to restore partition 2 so that I can play compatible original Xbox games on it.

My question is, does this partition 2 ever get updated after being restored and inserted into the console ? Do 360's updates also update partition 2 ?

Many Thanks

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, the xbox emulator files are updated with each firmware update. avatar, media, kinect, and xbox stuff does, which is why you need the hdd plugged in when updating. do not worry, it won't affect what you're trying to do.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I don't think you can do is use the hacked compatibility files, like the one that shows the entire guide while in xbox mode, the one by Math. if you were to use them, I'd imagine it would get stuck on the xbox splash screen and not proceed. also, I think the many 360 hdd apps for the computer can create partition 2, so you don't need hddhackr. I've done what you're trying to do, and I encountered no real issues with it. as long as it's a compatible drive like scorpio or bevs iirc, it's not very hard to do. though, I think it's limited to 500GBs by the ss.bin.

Reactions: L3gi0n0fh311

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto