Gaming 360 Update Preview is out

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I really care about this update but the fact that I got accepted and just wanted to take a look at it is enough to make me mad that my 360's so-called "Childs account" wont let me view any of the new features. This child account has done nothing but harm to me, I cant download M rated demos and there used to be a few other things. Setting up my gamertag was the last time I ever used my real birthday. Whatever.

To anyone that entered the preview, its out now so check your 360's.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got the update but for some reason, I am unable to access facebook. I dont understand why as I am over 18 and should not have a childs account active anymore.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Is there some sort of change log for this with the complete list of changes ?

I've been looking for this for a while now...
I'd like to know if theres anything besides facebook twitter and last.fm which i can't use anyway

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How does the Sky Player work? Reason I'm asking is we do have a Sky Subscription in the house and it would be nice to view Sky stuff in my room. What information would I need to get it to work?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Harsky said:
How does the Sky Player work? Reason I'm asking is we do have a Sky Subscription in the house and it would be nice to view Sky stuff in my room. What information would I need to get it to work?

It's not an update but a program you download. So far today it doesn't work, I tried to access the web page from my computer and that is down also.

I think this might be the best explanation.

Probably won't report back if I get it to work, might be too busy with my birthday.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I have read it isn't fully functional yet and MS is just trying to get those using the JTAG hacks to upgrade. Sure it says it is functional but you will have to wait until the next Dashboard upgrade until it actually works!

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any of you that got the pre-release also have the modded WD 120GB hdd? I read someplace else that MS is looking into blocking those as well.

I personally don't think there is a real way to have it block the drive, but you never know, MS may just decide to royally screw with their customers.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are they screwing their customers if your using an unlicensed 120GB HDD with a hack and they block it

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
caster62003 said:
Do any of you that got the pre-release also have the modded WD 120GB hdd? I read someplace else that MS is looking into blocking those as well.
From what I'm reading, they're NOT blocking the modded 120's.

Going to try and mod a 250gb some time this week.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
I got the update but for some reason, I am unable to access facebook. I dont understand why as I am over 18 and should not have a childs account active anymore.
If that's the case...

My Xbox > Your Profile > Manage Account > Promote Child Account

That should make your account into an adult one.

I got Gold today, only to find out that Sky Player isn't out yet. It says "out later today" and it showed me a funny advert of football supporters being gone from the real game and instead stayed in their homes lol...

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R2DJ said:
Edgedancer said:
If that's the case...

My Xbox > Your Profile > Manage Account > Promote Child Account

That should make your account into an adult one.

I got Gold today, only to find out that Sky Player isn't out yet. It says "out later today" and it showed me a funny advert of football supporters being gone from the real game and instead stayed in their homes lol...
Thank you good sir. Worked like a charm, not that I am going to be using facebook on the 360 but I want it anyway.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
anyone try sky player yet?
Tried it last night. Here are some comments:
  • It's fast. Streaming was fast with a mediocre ISP (BT)!
  • Only a handful of channels right now and was sad to know that you have to pay to rent previous episodes of some shows (98p). Not to mention you have to have Multiroom/Sky Broadband Unlimited to watch Live TV.
  • Great interface. Fast as well.
  • Can't say anything about the quality. A YouTube video is better but that is a lame comparison. Watched it using a 17" simple Dell LCD PC monitor. I'm upgrading soon though so I have yet to rate the quality.
In case you're one of the people who downloaded earlier that day but didn't work, do this:

Guide Button > Quick Launch > Latest Downloads > Sky Player

I never knew how Quick Launch worked until last night
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o