360 and PC ver of CoD4

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wondered since both use a 'live' account of sorts if they can work together allowing people to play each other between pc and console. Guy at work wants to get with some PC users but just has the 360 copy.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
That would be unfair for the 360 player.
Kb/M > Controller for FPS.
It's NOT about preference either. Its a fact.

Not always, if they do something like in Halo where's there's the autoaim on the controller they console is actually better. I remember a review of Halo 2 for the PC where it was actually easier for the reviewers to kill of the 360 controller because you get a bit of autoaim on the controller and not the keyboard/mouse.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadowrun is a title that can be played on PC/360 together, but the PC controls are really bogged down.

I really wish they'd institute more 360-PC games. I wouldn't mind playing against Gears PC players (since the way its set up, having a mouse wouldn't really help). Racing games and oRPGs would also work.

shemmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mewgia said:
ZeWarrior said:
That would be unfair for the 360 player.
Kb/M > Controller for FPS.
It's NOT about preference either. Its a fact.

Not always, if they do something like in Halo where's there's the autoaim on the controller they console is actually better. I remember a review of Halo 2 for the PC where it was actually easier for the reviewers to kill of the 360 controller because you get a bit of autoaim on the controller and not the keyboard/mouse.

i think this is the whole point. they would have to find ways to hobble pc users and artificially boost joypad users to even the playing field. i remember playing a ps2 game and thinking "lock-on? lock-on? what the hell is lock-on??? haha!".

i played GoW on pc via my TV and an xbox joypad after struggling with the m/kb setup; the fact that the pc version has added content and is far superior visually helped a lot, too. if they had made GoW cross platform and had the joypad as the default then it would have been fine. like the above poster states, the pad is actually superior to m/kb on this game.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
360 degree turn with analog = 4 seconds
360 degree turn with mouse = 1/4 second

Just wanted to put that out there.
Well first... a 360 degree turn is at most 2 seconds, if you set your sensitivity high enough, 1.

And... Well... Not like 360 games have you turn massive amounts to shot enemies, they're usually right in front of you. Most games have a quickturn function to turn around 180 degrees as well... or something to simulate it (like rolling backwards in gears, or pressing down and a)

Of course it wouldnt work in Counter Strike (and it does not work in TF2 on the 360... seriously TF2 should never be played with a joypad)

What I'm trying to say... games engineered to fit consoles better(like modern ports today, ie CoD4) often feature the same level of comfort as a mouse/kb setup.

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PC and 360 cross-platform will not happen again most likely due to Microsoft not really giving a damn about the PC at this moment in time, simply look at the E3 press conference they didn't even show a teaser reel or anything, its ridiculous Windows was their first gaming platform and now they are screwing it over.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
PC and 360 cross-platform will not happen again most likely due to Microsoft not really giving a damn about the PC at this moment in time, simply look at the E3 press conference they didn't even show a teaser reel or anything, its ridiculous Windows was their first gaming platform and now they are screwing it over.
Yup, totally agreed. PC is home of the FPS as well, so it makes no sense for them to ignore it when looking at FPS'. I'll be sorely disappointed if Fable 2 doesn't get announced for PC either, as I've been looking forward to that for ages. Then again, it would give me another excuse to get a 360 :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E