32-bit program having issues on 64-bit

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by jumpman17, Apr 21, 2010.

1. jumpman17
    OP

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    I have program that stopped functioning correctly after switching to Windows 7 64-bit back when it came out. The program loads, but past that, doing anything within results in the following error.

Looking that up in Google, it looks like something about a .dll file that is 32-bit specific and short of actually re-writing the code to call on 64-bit .dll files, I can't find any solutions.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this program to run?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    If you can find which DLL it's after, perhaps it'll be one you can get the source to and recompile for a 64-bit environment?

Otherwise try to find a 64-bit DLL that contains the same functions (with the same names, unfortunately) and use it as a replacement.

3. Lodis

Lodis GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2007
    United States
    It might help if you mention the name of the program. We are good..............but not that good.

4. jumpman17
    OP

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    The program is called csThumbnails. It's an older program that hasn't been updated in like, forever.

5. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    It is most likely making 16bit function calls, which are removed in windows 7. Means you will have to use xp mode or look for a suitable replacement.