Hacking 300 Limit of Wii U games!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not solved so much as worked around. I hate having to load something else up within the system just to load more games. Its an effective way around the issue, but not the most elegant.
its what you got, you are never ever clicking on 90% of all those 300 games either :P

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its what you got, you are never ever clicking on 90% of all those 300 games either :P

I dunno if I've hit 90% of them all, but its a lot, thanks to so many great VC titles. Plus I like to lend my systems to friends and I want them to be able to play the game they specifically want, I view it as more of a library than necessarily a guarantee that I'll be playing every single title at some point. Makes for lots of fun nights too when me and my buddies don't know what to play, kinda making it a roulette type of thing (closing our eyes, and navigating until we pick a title, have found a lot of great little indie titles I'd have definitely never even considered playing this way in fact).

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the Wii U, think it's one of the best systems of the current millennium, and am disappointed at what a bad rep it tends to get. That said, there are 300 Wii U games? I think I'd be hard pressed to come up with a third of that, certainly ones worth playing.

VC titles

Oh that explains it. Stick to actual Wii U games and play old stuff in an emulator, least that would be my advice.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the Wii U, think it's one of the best systems of the current millennium, and am disappointed at what a bad rep it tends to get. That said, there are 300 Wii U games? I think I'd be hard pressed to come up with a third of that, certainly ones worth playing.

Oh that explains it. Stick to actual Wii U games and play old stuff in an emulator, least that would be my advice.

I use emulators as well. But I like to have VC titles for all the best old school games, plus the Wii U doesn't really have an N64, DS or Wii emulator. Sure you can play those games via the vWii and emulators on the vWii, but its also really nice to just have immediate access to those games instead of having to load up another part(s) of the system just to get to the game. Its all about convenience I suppose. Yes, there are ways around the issue, it would just be nice for everything to be as convenient as possible, and removing that 300 limit would really do it.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Boy Advance: 74, NES: 94, Nintendo 64: 21, Nintendo DS: 31, Super NES: 51, TurboGrafx16: 11, Wii: 29
That's 311 titles for just the Virtual Console.
There are 536 games on the eShop apart from the Virtual Console.
There are 163 Wii U disc-based games available as well.
I'm just saying, some hardcore retro players would reach this limit.
That doesn't even count the apps or free games available. 14 combined.
There are even 47 demos available

There are still 163 retail Wii U games and 536 Wii U eShop only games which excludes the 311 Virtual Console titles, apps, or demos. That's 699 games. That's not even counting other regions. You can't emulate certain consoles at least not reliably. Why emulate something already emulated that you can purchase. Many of you have flawed thoughts on this discussion IMO. Just because you don't feel there is a need to have 300+ games/apps/DLC/demos for a console that has been out for almost five years (November 2012) does NOT mean that other people cannot or will not have or want that many games. It has nothing to do with the actual OP's question which is if there is a way to break the 300 limit. Suggestions have been made for Loadiine and SysTool, which are awesome suggestions. Everyone else's opinions on whether or not someone should have that many titles is a non-issue and not the question and is supremely unhelpful.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-wii...dlc-updates-collection-listing-usa-re.466033/

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL. Anytime someone asks this question about the WiiU or 3DS (3DS has the same limit), why do they have to get bombarded with "WHY DO YOU NEED SO MANY GAMES!!!" Once I had binge installed a whole bunch of nes injects on my 3DS. I downloaded a large CIA pack and was in FBI, had all the CIAs in a folder, not really intending to install them all. I don't know what made me hit install all, but I did muaha.

The 3DS is worse at this than the WiiU though, because they don't (at least not at the time) give any kind of error message, the icons just started over-writing other icons already on my home screen. I just thought I had a glitch for a while until I figured it out.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dumped my tickets and it was starting to reach at 100 tickets because not only it has downloadable games, but DLCs and updates add tickets to the console and I dont know if they add in this limit or just game tickets count.
I found that Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Video tickets are undeletable for some reason. You can delete them, but if you enter eShop, they are reinstalled even if they arent in your download history. I dont like to use the Wii U for streaming, so it was annoying to find this out

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the default apps count towards the ticket total, 'cause the total is some odd number like 292. afaik, dlc and updates r not affected by the total. I personally have around 260 games with a little over 1.2TBs used up. I have cbhc installed, but I never play games with fake tickets. I always play the games I legitimately bought since I bought all the main ones for the system digitally. I wish I hadn't since I need the money.

Reactions: Codemastershock

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, it was interesting to find this out. I have only like 19 games physical and digital combined and I was curious if this limit would reach so soon, because I even dont have all the games I want for the console.

I use emulators as well. But I like to have VC titles for all the best old school games, plus the Wii U doesn't really have an N64, DS or Wii emulator. Sure you can play those games via the vWii and emulators on the vWii, but its also really nice to just have immediate access to those games instead of having to load up another part(s) of the system just to get to the game. Its all about convenience I suppose. Yes, there are ways around the issue, it would just be nice for everything to be as convenient as possible, and removing that 300 limit would really do it.

I prefer WiiU VC because I can use Pro Controller. I have a Classic Controller Samus Edition, which is very comfortable, but Pro Controller not only is that but the battery discharges once in a blue moon, the Remote + Accessory attached dont last as long.

Last edited by Codemastershock,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are still 163 retail Wii U games and 536 Wii U eShop only games which excludes the 311 Virtual Console titles, apps, or demos. That's 699 games. That's not even counting other regions. You can't emulate certain consoles at least not reliably. Why emulate something already emulated that you can purchase. Many of you have flawed thoughts on this discussion IMO. Just because you don't feel there is a need to have 300+ games/apps/DLC/demos for a console that has been out for almost five years (November 2012) does NOT mean that other people cannot or will not have or want that many games. It has nothing to do with the actual OP's question which is if there is a way to break the 300 limit. Suggestions have been made for Loadiine and SysTool, which are awesome suggestions. Everyone else's opinions on whether or not someone should have that many titles is a non-issue and not the question and is supremely unhelpful.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-wii...dlc-updates-collection-listing-usa-re.466033/
Exactly what I'm saying.
So much +1

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped my tickets and it was starting to reach at 100 tickets because not only it has downloadable games, but DLCs and updates add tickets to the console and I dont know if they add in this limit or just game tickets count.
I found that Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Video tickets are undeletable for some reason. You can delete them, but if you enter eShop, they are reinstalled even if they arent in your download history. I dont like to use the Wii U for streaming, so it was annoying to find this out
Tickets are not what's limited to 300 - it's the menu. Using the sys config tool to launch titles wouldn't work if tickets were the issue.

Yes, eshop installs a ticket for each title you're entitled to. Unused tickets shouldn't cause you any trouble since the tickets are hashed into many buckets. You aren't likely to find a bucket file with more than a half-dozen tickets in it, and each ticket is less than 1K.

Reactions: Codemastershock

itsblunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi Everybody. I know this is an old thread.

Wow, I am so disappointed to learn that the WiiU limits installed titles over USB drive to 300 games. This is really retarded.

Why the game limit? I too just received this message on my WiiU. What is the point of installing a LARGE hard drive??? I just hooked up a 500GB drive and only half way filled it up, then got the message.

So, this is pointless. To all the HATERS out there, why wouldn't you want ALL THE GAMES??!!

I have collected everything from the original NES all the way to the Wii and was in the process of building a WiiU collection. So with this limitation of 300 games and no workaround.... I guess I will need to get a 1-2TB external drive to store the WiiU collection (on my laptop) as I am all out of computer storage right now.

I will start over, then unpack all the extra games that won't fit ---> loadiine format ----> store on SD cards?? I heard Dimok made a new CFW that supported FAT32 but I could never get the codes to run right on my WiiU.

So,, I have 1 drive with Gamecube, Wii, and a collection of ROMS on a FAT32.

Then I need something for my WiiU library collection.

Does anybody know of any work arounds??? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-itsblunt

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everybody. I know this is an old thread.

Wow, I am so disappointed to learn that the WiiU limits installed titles over USB drive to 300 games. This is really retarded.

Why the game limit? I too just received this message on my WiiU. What is the point of installing a LARGE hard drive??? I just hooked up a 500GB drive and only half way filled it up, then got the message.

So, this is pointless. To all the HATERS out there, why wouldn't you want ALL THE GAMES??!!

I have collected everything from the original NES all the way to the Wii and was in the process of building a WiiU collection. So with this limitation of 300 games and no workaround.... I guess I will need to get a 1-2TB external drive to store the WiiU collection (on my laptop) as I am all out of computer storage right now.

I will start over, then unpack all the extra games that won't fit ---> loadiine format ----> store on SD cards?? I heard Dimok made a new CFW that supported FAT32 but I could never get the codes to run right on my WiiU.

So,, I have 1 drive with Gamecube, Wii, and a collection of ROMS on a FAT32.

Then I need something for my WiiU library collection.

Does anybody know of any work arounds??? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-itsblunt
I believe its a memory issue. Either that or Nintendo thought that was a good max since they probably thought no one would ever install that many games. I've never met the limit, but with 60 games I do have installed on my 3ds...... I play like 3 of them. Everyone can yell at me all they want, but I don't think Id even play 300 separate games. It would take years. So I say its pointless unless you really know you will play all of those games.

Again I think it is a memory issue so there is no workaround. If there was it would have been released a long while ago. Same with the 3ds.

Id say, figure out the max that any given 300 games would take up, and then get multiple of that size external hdd.... And then install and label, install and label, install and label lol. Until you have that mass amount of games downloaded. And when you want to play specific games, just look at the list and be like hmmmm which one has Mario Kart on it and plug it in.

Loadline sucks imo. But that is just my opinion, don't take it as a fact or an insult.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by snoofly,
Reactions: elBenyo

panamex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there everyone I am back!!!

I am wondering if right now , is possible to install more than 300 games on my Wii U???

panamex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello?
did you even read the post above you?

Sure man, I created this thread!!!

I mean, in these days, at July 2018, if it possible to save more than 300 games on mi Wii U (if there is an updated hack for example for that?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya