Hardware Queries into using Multiple Hard Drives to Circumvent the 300 Game Limit

CLDavi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a little bit of a query. With the Wii U, it's possible to have over 300 games on an attached hard drive, yet it does not register the games loaded outside that limit. However, they are still on the hard drive, and appear when below the 300 game limit. So I am wondering, if I have one hard drive that contains only the games that are within the 300 game limit, and have a larger secondary hard drive that contains those games, plus all the other games available, would be easy to delete the games when no longer needed on the first hard drive, and install the new games from the second hard drive to the first, whenever I'd like them? The Wii U hardware is designed for transferring data between hard drives. So is this possible?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a little bit of a query. With the Wii U, it's possible to have over 300 games on an attached hard drive, yet it does not register the games loaded outside that limit. However, they are still on the hard drive, and appear when below the 300 game limit. So I am wondering, if I have one hard drive that contains only the games that are within the 300 game limit, and have a larger secondary hard drive that contains those games, plus all the other games available, would be easy to delete the games when no longer needed on the first hard drive, and install the new games from the second hard drive to the first, whenever I'd like them? The Wii U hardware is designed for transferring data between hard drives. So is this possible?
I believe so, but I do not know for sure. You can bypass the 300 limit with system config tool, but be warned, it's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1