DeathEvil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

My acekard 2i is on its way, and there are 3 things I could not find answers to.
Firstly, I will be using it primarily in nds lite (with 3in1 of course since gba is very important to me), but at times also in dsi. If I upgrade the firmware to 1.44, will my ds lite retain all features like 3in1 support? also, will it list the acekard as "acekard" or some game that fools nintendo (what happens in dsi and 3ds)?

Secondly, is gba compatibility a 100% using 3in1 with latest akaio, or is gbaexploader still necessary? I will be using clean dumps only.

Lastly, I understand that akaio will see natively nds and gba files and will open them and patch them automatically. The only system I'm interested in emulating is gameboy/color using lameboy ds. Is there any way I can setup akaio to recognize .gb and .gbc files in the file manager and automatically feeds command line to lameboyds? essentially so it would act just as opening gba and nds games? alternatively, I was thinking of placing shortcut for lameboy, but that would be not nearly as elegant...

thanks in advance

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the firmware updates still allow the cart to work on older models and you won't lose features (as they're part of AKAIO, not the firmware).

The updates cause the AK2i to fake itself as another game. Previously it would still display the Ak2i icon on a DS/Lite, but I think that functionality was removed with later updated for technical reasons (I don't have a DS/Lite to test), so if so just deal with it like everybody else.

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I've tried my Acekard 2i on a friend's DS Lite and the icon shows up as another game icon (it was "Narnia Prince Caspian" at the time), so yes, the acekard icon was removed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: His clips have been around a lot on TikTok and YouTube. +1