Hacking 3-in-1 Saving issues with Golden Sun...

Ech0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use Rudolph's tool with my R4 and my 3-in-1 worked fine on NOR mode and everything, but now that I've switched to the Cyclo and stopped using the tool, Golden Sun and the sequel both give me "Unable to Save" messages. I haven't tested this with any other roms, but I've tried a clean rom and a rom patched with GBATA... I think it was the SRAM patch? Or something like that anyway. Any idea what's going on?

Ech0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using the tool again with a clean rom, and it reported "Unable to detect backup memory". Then I tried with GBATA's SRAM patched rom, and it reported "Failed to save." again.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you sram patched the game and went back to trying to use old save, it will be incompatible. You probably erased the contents of the save in the process, unless you backed up somewhere.

your most likely gonna need to start over if you can't find a working sav file to write back into NOR mode. If your save data is good you will need to write the rom back to the 3in1 with gba exploader and not the Cyclo loader.

Ech0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a sec, I'm not trying to load or save over a previous save, I'm starting a fresh playthrough. Do I need to make a blank save or something before I start? I already erased and reloaded the rom with each attempt by writing a different rom to NOR, then rewriting the first one (golden sun).

I'm using Rudolph's tool, should I try it with the exploader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.