• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

"3 GOP candidates for West Virginia governor try to outdo each other on anti-LGBTQ issues"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-gop-candidates-west-virginia-governor-anti-lgbtq/

"Leading up to Tuesday's West Virginia primary, three of the Republican candidates for governor have been trying to outdo each other in proving their opposition to transgender rights."

Trying to outdo each other, trying to see who Is a worse person. The 3 candidates are also saying the others like are supporting trans people, throwing out claims against each other as if they aren't all bad people.

"Morrisey's campaign website describes him as "one of the nation's most outspoken advocates against biological males playing sports with women""

"Miller, the owner of an auto dealership group in the state, has vowed to "protect our kids from the radical transgender agenda" if elected governor. He hit back with an ad accusing Morrisey of previously lobbying for a transgender clinic dispensing gender transition medication to children in New York before he was elected state attorney general. "

"Capito's campaign website says he'll "make sure biological men are NEVER allowed to be in the locker rooms with our daughters."

Honestly what did we do, yes it is in West Virginia and I don't live there, but I still don't understand why.
"The West Virginia legislature adjourned in March after passing just one of those bills, which was signed into law by Republican Gov. Jim Justice, who is now running for the U.S. Senate seat left open by Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin's retirement. The new law bans transgender and non-binary West Virginians from changing their sex on their driver's license. "

It's really dumb honestly, while I don't live in West Virginia, I am a trans teen, so I feel I have some say in the matter, or at least my opinions are valid.

"So far, more than a dozen Republican-led states have filed lawsuits to block the Biden administration's new Title IX regulations, which would protect transgender students from discrimination in schools receiving government funding."

This makes no sense, why would they remove that, it just doesn't make any sense to remove something like that.
I dont live in West virgina, but this is still scary as it could honestly happen to alot of states, I just want to be myself.
screenshot-2024-05-10-at-8-27-35-pm.png
here are the 3 idiots by the way

Last edited by Bunjolio,
  • Sad
Reactions: Xzi and AncientBoi

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you think that preventing a trans women from competing against natural women is "anti trans"? There is a reason that there are separate men and Women's sports. In most things and in most cases, a woman simply cannot compete on the same level. It's not fair in the slightest. It's BIOLOGY and nothing in that twisted head of yours will ever change your physiology. Here... let me quickly Google 1 small world record... 500 meter dash.

The WORLD RECORD holder for women, cannot even compete with the 25th man on the list. Game over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/500_metres

And since you're out and proud (and honestly nobody is against *That*, even on the republican side)... please explain why there's so many in that community, calling to "free Palestine".

Seriously, in Israel, LGBTQ has rights. In Gaza, they have the right to die. Period. End of story. There's no plainer and truthful way to say it, and I do not understand the support of "Palestine" one damn bit.

Civilian casualties are because HAMAS will not let the people leave who want to leave, not because Israel didn't warn them and ask them to leave. And ALL of the people there would just be killing each other, if it weren't for the common goal of killing all of the Jews. I can post an interview with the son of the cofounder of HAMAS saying that word for word, if you like. Even if you won't like the source.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you think that preventing a trans women from competing against natural women is "anti trans"? There is a reason that there are separate men and Women's sports. In most things and in most cases, a woman simply cannot compete on the same level. It's not fair in the slightest. It's BIOLOGY and nothing in that twisted head of yours will ever change your physiology. Here... let me quickly Google 1 small world record... 500 meter dash.

The WORLD RECORD holder for women, cannot even compete with the 25th man on the list. Game over.

And since you're out and proud (and honestly nobody is against *That*, even on the republican side)... please explain why there's so many in that community, calling to "free Palestine".

Seriously, in Israel, LGBTQ has rights. In Gaza, they have the right to die. Period. End of story. There's no plainer and truthful way to say it, and I do not understand the support of "Palestine" one damn bit.

Civilian casualties are because HAMAS will not let the people leave who want to leave, not because Israel didn't warn them and ask them to leave. And ALL of the people there would just be killing each other, if it weren't for the common goal of killing all of the Jews. I can post an interview with the son of the cofounder of HAMAS saying that word for word, if you like. Even if you won't like the source.

You're only focusing on the sports related things, i just wanted to bring up this article since I myself am trans, also why are we bringing Palestine and Israel into this, there's nothing in here relating to it at all. And there's more in the article than just sports related stuff(I legit put some in my thread)

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you're a little bit of a bigot, for starters.
eh? how am I? I was saying its in West virginia as in yes Its in a place I don't live, not saying it how you think I am

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh? how am I? I was saying its in West virginia as in yes Its in a place I don't live

Sounded more like you were passing judgment on all the people in the State. But if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and apologies.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounded more like you were passing judgment on all the people in the State. But if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and apologies.
no no nothing like that, I just poorly worded my sentence, I meant it as in I don't live there, apology accepted.:lol:

Reactions: Hanafuda

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

If you want to claim it's a biological thing you might actually want to get your information from actual biologists and medical professionals. HRT changes the hormone household and, in transwomen specifically, will lead to a lowering of muscle mass and increase in fat tissues, both of which will bring their performance in line with ciswomen. There have been multiple studies on all of this backing it up, including some done by the US army where all participants, cis men and women as well as the trans men and women, have gone through the same training regimen and eaten the same food, thus had as level a playing field as it can get.
Here's a video essay from someone with a PhD in medical biology and hands on experience training athletes for participation in the Olympic games, meaning someone who actually knows their shit, explaining the currently published studies and their findings.

This makes no sense, why would they remove that, it just doesn't make any sense to remove something like that.
I dont live in West virgina, but this is still scary as it could honestly happen to alot of states, I just want to be myself.
Trans people are an easy target and rallying against them gives them votes and support from the easily offended. They don't give a single, solitary fuck about you or anyone else that isn't them or their peers, to them you're just a useful tool to further their own goals. In this specific case to get elected and make fat stacks of cash off of it.

Reactions: Xzi

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're only focusing on the sports related things,
Umm... what? You're the one who put this quote in your post

"Capito's campaign website says he'll "make sure biological men are NEVER allowed to be in the locker rooms with our daughters."

As if that's such a terrible thing. That's DIRECTLY tied to Trans trying to be on Women's teams, and therefore competing against women. I'm not going to take the time to pick apart everything you listed and have a problem with, because there's no point. You've already made up your mind. You pretend that you want to hear opinions or reasoning, but you really only want to hear people who agree with you.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm... what? You're the one who put this quote in your post

As if that's such a terrible thing. That's DIRECTLY tied to Trans trying to be on Women's teams, and therefore competing against women. I'm not going to take the time to pick apart everything you listed and have a problem with, because there's no point. You've already made up your mind. You pretend that you want to hear opinions or reasoning, but you really only want to hear people who agree with you.
there is other quotes you realize, I was putting multiple quotes in, it is tied to sports but sports isnt the whole idea of my post. But i dont see a problem with trans women and trans men in sports
Post automatically merged:

If you want to claim it's a biological thing you might actually want to get your information from actual biologists and medical professionals. HRT changes the hormone household and, in transwomen specifically, will lead to a lowering of muscle mass and increase in fat tissues, both of which will bring their performance in line with ciswomen. There have been multiple studies on all of this backing it up, including some done by the US army where all participants, cis men and women as well as the trans men and women, have gone through the same training regimen and eaten the same food, thus had as level a playing field as it can get.
Here's a video essay from someone with a PhD in medical biology and hands on experience training athletes for participation in the Olympic games, meaning someone who actually knows their shit, explaining the currently published studies and their findings.

Trans people are an easy target and rallying against them gives them votes and support from the easily offended. They don't give a single, solitary fuck about you or anyone else that isn't them or their peers, to them you're just a useful tool to further their own goals. In this specific case to get elected and make fat stacks of cash off of it.

Politicans and their money, a couple.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But i don't see a problem with trans women and trans men in sports
And that's where the problem is. I just literally showed you with no effort at all, how the fastest women in the world for a 500 yard dash (and I'm quite sure I could do the same for countless other records) can't even compete with the 25th man on the same list. Trans or not, a biological man has no business competing against women. You want to be a trans woman and continue to compete with men? I'm good with that. You want to make trans teams to compete with each other? I'm good with that too. Nobody has ever said that trans could not be in sports. But when a biological man is competing against a biological woman, that's a problem.

And oh, by the way, you put at least 2 quotes on the subject. The other one that jumps out, being: "Morrisey's campaign website describes him as "one of the nation's most outspoken advocates against biological males playing sports with women"

So, I'm not just nitpicking.

Last edited by urherenow,

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's where the problem is. I just literally showed you with no effort at all, how the fastest women in the world for a 500 yard dash (and I'm quite sure I could do the same for countless other records) can't even compete with the 25th man on the same list. Trans or not, a biological man has no business competing against women. You want to be a trans woman and continue to compete with men? I'm good with that. You want to make trans teams to compete with each other? I'm good with that too. Nobody has ever said that trans could not be in sports. But when a biological man is competing against a biological woman, that's a problem.

And oh, by the way, you put at least 2 quotes on the subject. The other one that jumps out, being: "Morrisey's campaign website describes him as "one of the nation's most outspoken advocates against biological males playing sports with women"

So, I'm not just nitpicking.
ok, sure i put 2 quotes, I put quotes I felt matched what I was saying, also its not like trans women in sports affects you at all

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, sure i put 2 quotes, I put quotes I felt matched what I was saying, also its not like trans women in sports affects you at all
Is that so? Are you aware of my age? How many daughters and granddaughters I have?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried suffering through most of that video. Funny how a clearly biased person with a bachelors is trying to smash the opinions of people with PhDs... and you're going with the bachelors. This dude proves most valid points on the biology side, then tries to gloss them over as invalid. Except they are valid. These trans women you see in the news today already went through puberty. Testosterone suppression after the fact isn't going to change them in a meaningful way. It's not going to change the size of their hands or the size of their bones (which are only a couple of the things this person specifically mentions as advantages). In fact, loss of bone density is outright dangerous and a closely monitored thing among astronauts.

And then there are real-world events always happening that rightly turn people away from the idea. Like the trans woman going to a female prison... and getting the female inmates pregnant: https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out...2-inmates-transferred-mens-facility-rcna38947

Or to bring up sports again, crap like this:

Or the restroom thing: https://le.utah.gov/interim/2024/pdf/00000577.pdf

And I could probably continue listing a wall of events and studies that support my bias just as easily as you could find some to support yours. So again, there's no point. It's pushing 2AM for me anyway, so I need sleep.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tried suffering through most of that video. Funny how a clearly biased person with a bachelors is trying to smash the opinions of people with PhDs... and you're going with the bachelors. This dude proves most valid points on the biology side, then tries to gloss them over as invalid. Except they are valid. These trans women you see in the news today already went through puberty. Testosterone suppression after the fact isn't going to change them in a meaningful way. It's not going to change the size of their hands or the size of their bones (which are only a couple of the things this person specifically mentions as advantages). In fact, loss of bone density is outright dangerous and a closely monitored thing among astronauts.

And then there are real-world events always happening that rightly turn people away from the idea. Like the trans woman going to a female prison... and getting the female inmates pregnant: https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out...2-inmates-transferred-mens-facility-rcna38947

Or to bring up sports again, crap like this:

Or the restroom thing: https://le.utah.gov/interim/2024/pdf/00000577.pdf

And I could probably continue listing a wall of events and studies that support my bias just as easily as you could find some to support yours. So again, there's no point. It's pushing 2AM for me anyway, so I need sleep.

That is a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. A lack of testosterone will lead to muscle mass degradation, and the second puberty from the shifting in the hormone household will in fact increase the fat tissue deposits and the location of them around the body. That is literally known and is part of the reason why many cis men will require testosterone boosters if they lose their testicles, like for example due to cancer. In trans women the testicle's hormone production will be blocked to lower testosterone, and will then be supplemented by extra estrogen, causing all soft tissues to closer match those of cis women.
Also, the studies very clearly show that a 5'6" trans woman and a 5'6" cis woman will perform within error of each other if they have the same trainings regimen. This is the same reason why in many male dominated sports the larger men will outperform the shorter ones. It's not "better bone leverage" that makes the difference but how much muscle mass any given person can cultivate while having as little fat as possible and still be healthy. Men have a much better ratio for that than woman do.
Comparing bone density in astronauts to people on earth is also just silly, the bone density degradation in a zero G environment is far harsher than what people with low testosterone experience, and means fuck all when you have a trans woman and a cis woman compete as they will have the same bone density after 5 years of HRT.

However lets ignore all of that and just laugh at how you bring an example of a trans woman tying with a cis woman, instead of beating her outright. Where is that "bigger skeleton" advantage, where are the bigger muscles? Shouldn't the trans women have won if any of what you said were actually true?

Reactions: Xzi and Bunjolio

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't the trans women have won if any of what you said were actually true?
No, because he was a poor athlete as a man to begin with. He couldn't handle being a loser, so decided to compete against women, and suddenly started to beat everybody. Except that incident was this mediocre fucker, competing against one of the top women . As hilighted in my 500 meter dash example (fastest woman has never beaten the 25th man... and 25 is as far down that particular list of records that you can go). You can call what I say a whole lot of word salad. I say that your word salad doesn't reflect reality. The very video posted here had a study where someone on this tetosterone suppression worked out for 6 weeks and ADDED 2 kilograms of lean muscle. You seem to think that what people have is just going to magically disappear. For an athlete, that isn't true at all, because an athlete is constantly training. It may be true for someone who DOESN'T work out and train as an athlete, but that's not who we're talking about.

Last edited by urherenow,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WV was as reliably and solidly Democrat as NY or California, until very recently. Yes, it went Republican for President a few times in the past, but only when there was a big wave of LOTS of states going R, like Reagan in '80. But State offices, Congressional seats, Senators ... all Democrat for a very, very long time. Manchin is the last of them.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The quote that will always be relevant when asking yourself why Republicans are for or against anything: “Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

They want absolute freedom for themselves and something akin to slavery for everybody else, including their own constituents. Naturally, it'd be far too unpopular to propose such a thing directly, so they resort to targeting their hate at smaller groups, and in the case of trans people, even smaller subgroups within those groups. It's just a place to start from which they can then slowly work their way up to subjecting all of American society to their fascist bullshit. Thus the reason why we should all stand in solidarity with trans people in telling them to fuck right off.

Reactions: EthanB and Bunjolio

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The quote that will always be relevant when asking yourself why Republicans are for or against anything: “Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

They want absolute freedom for themselves and something akin to slavery for everybody else, including their own constituents. Naturally, it'd be far too unpopular to propose such a thing directly, so they resort to targeting their hate at smaller groups, and in the case of trans people, even smaller subgroups within those groups. It's just a place to start from which they can then slowly work their way up to subjecting all of American society to their fascist bullshit. Thus the reason why we should all stand in solidarity with trans people in telling them to fuck right off.
honestly agreed, they just care about themselves

Reactions: Xzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...