Not open for further replies.

r4nd0m

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
r4nd0m said:
hi im stuck on this the part where it asks u to do the IOS DOWNGRADE, wen i push A, instead of running the install process, it brings up

Press any button to restart the wii

any ideas whats causing this?

Your IOSes is already downgraded.. Now, let's go ahead to cIOS Downgrader!!! (Firmware Downgrader)

but wen i run the cIOS downgrader it says firmware installation FAILED! why is that?

EDIT: worked after 100 tries lol

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Is it true that cios_fix.wad is just an outdated version of CIOS and that instead, we could install the latest CIOS (rev 07)?

D

Deleted User

just follow the guide. In the end, you'll install cIOS installer which updates your cIOS.

Posts merged

r4nd0m said:
afif95 said:
r4nd0m said:
hi im stuck on this the part where it asks u to do the IOS DOWNGRADE, wen i push A, instead of running the install process, it brings up

Press any button to restart the wii

any ideas whats causing this?

Your IOSes is already downgraded.. Now, let's go ahead to cIOS Downgrader!!! (Firmware Downgrader)

but wen i run the cIOS downgrader it says firmware installation FAILED! why is that?

EDIT: worked after 100 tries lol

lol yeah, sometimes, it takes more then just 1 run, even if your router is next to your wii lol.

D

Deleted User

Well, I did install cIOS rev07 before doing this guide yet again (To straight up my wii). SO I think it would work

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! Tons of info here.. But its jumbled around like crazy.. I have pretty much figured out whats going on but I a question for this thread.

I just got a Wii,, went on Youtube and searched for "wii without mod chip" or something and found a tutorial that had links to files and such, and was fairly new,, November sometime..
I did what the vid said and it worked but later I found THIS site and have seen the twilight hack tutorials now,, one thing that the video left out was to look on the back of the Zelda game to find out its origin so the correct save file can be selected?

Well, I didnt know anything about that and did notice more than one save file,, but I chose the top most one.. I have a NTSC-U wii..

Things seem to work ok but how would I know because I am brand new to this.
I do however have a few coasters that the compatibility list says i shouldnt.

Does anyone know what the effect of choosing the wrong save file for the twilight hack would result in?
And if its bad, is there a way to start over? so I can choose the correct save file?

Sorry if this has been covered,, its just that I have been searching and prolly am searching the wrong terms because I know so little.

On my wii.. I have a loader channel for 0.3b and i have to go to my HBC to acces the 0.3gamma loader. Does that seam right?

Thanks for any helpful comments... And go ahead and flame me if I am out of line in some sort.

Blind

gillman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I get to the step where I need to load the CIOS installer my Wii does absolutely nothing when I press the A button. I'm pretty sure I've followed all of the steps correctly. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

I started at 3.4 and downgraded to 3.2 if that helps to find what might be the problem.

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at one point I had to press the + button to get anywhere, but I dont know where it was.. I know the A button didnt work so I tried others.

gillman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlindDude said:
at one point I had to press the + button to get anywhere, but I dont know where it was.. I know the A button didnt work so I tried others.
That is the WAD installer. My problem occurs with the CIOS Installer...

Edit: I pulled out my gamecube memory cards and it worked... why would that have mattered? Just curious if anyone knows.

D

Deleted User

BlindDude said:
Hello all! Tons of info here.. But its jumbled around like crazy.. I have pretty much figured out whats going on but I a question for this thread.

I just got a Wii,, went on Youtube and searched for "wii without mod chip" or something and found a tutorial that had links to files and such, and was fairly new,, November sometime..
I did what the vid said and it worked but later I found THIS site and have seen the twilight hack tutorials now,, one thing that the video left out was to look on the back of the Zelda game to find out its origin so the correct save file can be selected?

Well, I didnt know anything about that and did notice more than one save file,, but I chose the top most one.. I have a NTSC-U wii..

Does anyone know what the effect of choosing the wrong save file for the twilight hack would result in?
And if its bad, is there a way to start over? so I can choose the correct save file?

Sorry if this has been covered,, its just that I have been searching and prolly am searching the wrong terms because I know so little.

On my wii.. I have a loader channel for 0.3b and i have to go to my HBC to acces the 0.3gamma loader. Does that seam right?

Thanks for any helpful comments... And go ahead and flame me if I am out of line in some sort.

Blind

You can't hijack a good topic like this one..

Create a new topic and see what's the answer.

Barmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting some really weird results with my burned games. I burned Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 to some cheap-o Office Tek DVD-Rs at 2x write speed and they work perfectly. I then bought some Verbatim DVD-Rs for the higher quality, and then re-burned SMG and MP3 along with a new burn of No More Heroes, again at 2x write speed. None of these Verbatim discs work.

The Office Tek DVDs I used were old, and the one I burned MP3 to is scratched beyond belief, but it works. So why are my brand new, high quality Verbatim DVD-Rs failing? Do I need to use a different write speed, or what?

Barmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is full of people using the Backup Launcher, and who know what works with it and what doesn't. I'm asking for their input.

You don't have to reply to me if you don't want to; I could certainly do without the snarky response.

JaapDraad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks! Nice guide. Just upgraded a friend's wii from 3.1 to 3.2E with backup-launcher (installed another launcher though).
Next thing, I will downgrade my own from 3.3 and install Starfall as well.

D

Deleted User

Barmy said:
This thread is full of people using the Backup Launcher, and who know what works with it and what doesn't. I'm asking for their input.

You don't have to reply to me if you don't want to; I could certainly do without the snarky response.

But this topic is mainly about downgrading..

Create a new topic.

to6y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dude thankyou so much! I stupidly upgraded to 3.4 :| and the downgrader helped me install the backup launcher! This is definitely the best tutorial I have ever seen on the net. I recommend you do a youtube video!
biggrin.gif

to6y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BlindDude said:

Blind

Well if you use a wrong save file it shouldn't let you load it. Say you have a european wii, and you try to load a canadian save game, it will tell you that you need to go play the game on your wii first. But if you got around that somehow, then no, I don't think there are any consiquences, apart from mabye not being able to load your region's games with backup launcher.... if you get that error then whilst it's loading the disk hit 1 on your wiimote, and turn Gecko OS on.
biggrin.gif

dan1el

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks EoC , follow you guide and went from 3.4U to 3.2 with backup channel and everything works great

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm reposting this as pir8's 23rd fix sticky isn't read as much now.. :

Hey guys, i need some help upgrading a 3.1u wii to 3.2u

I installed the homebrew channel correctly, i still have the savefile on my wii..
I then used wad manager to install IOS16-64-v257.wad ...
I used custom wad manager to instal cios_fix.wad

i then used cios downgrader to download (and update) the wii to 3.2u ...
after all the files were downloaded i installed starfall, which worked OK
then i used the cios installer which downloads the ioses wiigator loader needs
i then ran the backup launcher and it didnt work (error 324) (on wiigator's gamma)
i installed cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad and tried to run the backup launcher again and it didnt work..

did i miss something ? that error means some ios or cios is missing, but i dont know what else i need to do ..

should i just update to 3.4u and follow the procedure found on the other guides?

thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: so much lightning shit makes valley of bowser from super mario world tame in comparison