Hacking 2 questions about Wood R4.....

chaoscreater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi guys, I've been searching around for ages and couldn't find anything on this.

How do I change the brightness while playing a game?? I can do that fine when I'm in the Wood R4 menu where you can select your games and other settings, I can click the brightness icon to change it or press the "R" key. But when I'm playing a game, there doesn't seem to be a shortcut to do it??

Also, same thing with cheats. What combinations do I need to press to load up the cheats?? I already put the cheat files in the correct folder btw.

The only combination I know is soft reset which is L+R+A+B+Down, and that basically takes you back to the Wood R4 menu where you can select your games.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just what flashcart are you coming from o.0 (the flashcarts with those features...are sort of better than the R4)...most of the flashcarts I know of can't do either of those by a shortcut...There should be a cheat for every game that allows you to change the brightness in-game anyways.

The softreset is SUPPOSED to be for just that, softreseting back to the WoodR4 menu...you set the cheats before you load the game.

chaoscreater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm using the R4 Revolution.

I thought the features come from the firmware/kernel itself?

So we can't set the cheats during the game? Like an option to toggle it on and off?

chaoscreater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
oh well I know some DSTT and R4 carts can do that, maybe even those clone ones can......

I thought those features are only a matter or what kernel or firmware the carts use, and the carts themselves just uses AP or exploit to load the roms?

I just read this topic here:
http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide...ting-up-wood-r4

and it doesn't seem to mention anything about changing brightness during game.

Ah well...

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaoscreater said:
I'm using the R4 Revolution.

I thought the features come from the firmware/kernel itself?

So we can't set the cheats during the game? Like an option to toggle it on and off?

are you talking about real time cheats??

because only a few carts can do that, dstwo is one of them

as for brightness, it can only be done while at the menu

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaoscreater said:
ya, cheats that you can enable/disable anytime you want while you're playing the game.

I don't know too many carts that have real time cheats, and I own quite a few carts
I've never owned a dstt but I don't think it has real time cheats

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Soft Reset (A+B+L+R+Down in Wood) and In-Game Reset (Usually A+B+X+Y+L+R) are two different things.
Soft Reset is something from the flashcart and returns you to the cart's menu.
In-Game Reset is from the game and resets the game menu, not all games have this.

chaoscreater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Rydian said:
There's a cheat that lets you change the brightness in-game on a DS Lite with a shortcut key, it's in the official gbatemp cheats database, and it's in the cheats list for every single game that has cheats.

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

i already have it and yup that option is at the very bottom of every cheat of every game, the thing is i dunno the combinations......

and guys i know what soft-reset and in-game reset does, i'm NOT asking about what they do or what the combinations are. Please just focus on my question itself.....

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
chaoscreater said:
Hi guys, I've been searching around for ages and couldn't find anything on this.

How do I change the brightness while playing a game?? I can do that fine when I'm in the Wood R4 menu where you can select your games and other settings, I can click the brightness icon to change it or press the "R" key. But when I'm playing a game, there doesn't seem to be a shortcut to do it??

Also, same thing with cheats. What combinations do I need to press to load up the cheats?? I already put the cheat files in the correct folder btw.

The only combination I know is soft reset which is L+R+A+B+Down, and that basically takes you back to the Wood R4 menu where you can select your games.
1. YOU CAN'T. You cannot change the brightness INSIDE of a game by itself.. However if you enable the DSlite backlight control AR cheat. you can do it.. this can cause random crashes in the game though.. the combination is: L+R+SELECT then UP to increase the brightness. and L+R+SELECT then DOWN to decrease the brightness..

2. YOU CAN ONLY DO IT IN THE MAIN MENU OF WOODR4. you select a game and BEFORE you start it you press Y and then X. You CAN'T bring the cheat menu when you are playing the game. WoodR4 Does NOT support Real time cheats.

Does that answer your questions?

chaoscreater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Alex658 said:
chaoscreater said:

1. YOU CAN'T. You cannot change the brightness INSIDE of a game by itself.. However if you enable the DSlite backlight control AR cheat. you can do it.. this can cause random crashes in the game though.. the combination is: L+R+SELECT then UP to increase the brightness. and L+R+SELECT then DOWN to decrease the brightness..

2. YOU CAN ONLY DO IT IN THE MAIN MENU OF WOODR4. you select a game and BEFORE you start it you press Y and then X. You CAN'T bring the cheat menu when you are playing the game. WoodR4 Does NOT support Real time cheats.

Does that answer your questions?

yup thanks a lot. I already got the cheats working fine yesterday, now i'll just need to test out the brightness combination
smile.gif

Oh btw, has anyone used cheats on RPG games like Golden Sun Dark Dawn? They don't seem to work properly. I enabled cheats for Max LVL and Max Status, and sure they work and showed 9999 stats for everything such as your HP, Attack etc......but once you restart the game, you have to reapply them again, you can still see that your EXP is fully maxed out but it doesn't seem like the characters are leveled up properly, it's not like you defeat the enemies in a battle and gain EXP properly that way. I hope this made sense.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk