OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there

I have to problems with my R4 and can not find a solution to it:
1st: Chaning fonts with select does not work. Actually I think, no theme is really used. Themes are stored in /_system_/themes/themeXX
2nd: If I try to open a *.txt file and error message popups: "Can't find FONTs of eBook. Please re-install these FONTs".

Using v1.11.
My OS is linux; Ubuntu 7.04

Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you.

Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there

I have to problems with my R4 and can not find a solution to it:
1st: Chaning fonts with select does not work. Actually I think, no theme is really used. Themes are stored in /_system_/themes/themeXX
2nd: If I try to open a *.txt file and error message popups: "Can't find FONTs of eBook. Please re-install these FONTs".

Using v1.11.
My OS is linux; Ubuntu 7.04

Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you.

And I have at least one solution..

For the .txt file, make it Times New Roman or something equvilant in Unix's text editor.
That, or in the /_system_/ebook/ folder, make sure FONTL.dat, FONTM.dat, and FONTS.dat are all there.

Second, pressing select doesn't change fonts, but holding select changes themes overall (images)

joe_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the fast reply's!

KarmaUK: I have not tried to change the fonts, as I could not figure out how. That's my problem ;-)

Infinitus: I know, holding select should change themes, but this does not work. I do not know if the 2 problems fit toghether. But holding/pressing select in the mainmenu does not do anything at all....

PS. sorry, if these are lame questions. Got the R4 new, trying to learn.

Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinitus: I know, holding select should change themes, but this does not work. I do not know if the 2 problems fit toghether. But holding/pressing select in the mainmenu does not do anything at all....

I recommend re-downloading (or simply downloading, if you haven't already) version 1.11 of the firmware, and possibly reformatting the card. Starting from a clean slate usually solves things.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinitus: I know, holding select should change themes, but this does not work. I do not know if the 2 problems fit toghether. But holding/pressing select in the mainmenu does not do anything at all....

I recommend re-downloading (or simply downloading, if you haven't already) version 1.11 of the firmware, and possibly reformatting the card. Starting from a clean slate usually solves things.

Also, when you re-update, completely delete the file called _DS_MENU.SYS. This is important. It will be automatically re-created the first time you boot the R4 with the new firmware. Not deleting that file when you update the firmware can cause strange things to happen. Possibly like the things you are describing.

Hope that helps.

KarmaUK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have not tried to change the fonts, as I could not figure out how. That's my problem ;-)

Ah, I see, sorry.
tongue.gif
Then I dont think you can.

The problem with opening the .txt might be it's saved in an unusual font, but don't quote me on that. As mentioned, a format is always good to iron out any unusual behaviour.

Good luck.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

If you have tried to put some themes on your R4, you should have a themes folder in your _system_ file. There should be 12 folders in there named Theme 1, Theme 2 and so on. Do NOT rename these folders. Just copy the theme images from your computer into the folders. And there is a maximum of 12 themes. If you add anymore, it may not read it. And the theme should include a background 1 and 2, logo and icon images, as well as a theme.ini.

I think that should cover the theme settings.

joe_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I reformated the card and installed everything new; but this time with a Windows box. This solved the problem. Looks like the R4 or linux got confused with upper and lower cases.

Hmmm, might be worth installing XP on an old box. Thanks god I got my company notebook here ;-)

Thanks for your help, guys!!

Edit. Damn, my Zelda savestate is corrupt. Any chance to fix it? Or just replay? hmmm

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
When copying the files from the CD, Ubuntu makes the filenames all in lowercase - they needed to be renamed all in uppercase. Windows copies the files all in uppercase and that's why it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)