Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I agree, recycled and boring. If I buy it it will be only for the story.

If anything it's the fanbase of CoD I don't like. I know its been said a lot before and that this is kind of a stereotype for the series, but here are just way to many little kids who play it. Just the other day I was playing MW2 and sure enough it was a whole game filled with little kids. I swore once and they all started bashing me. If the fanbase stays the same we won't ever see any improvements on the series and it will stay stale and recycled.

Foxi4 said:
I could say that Pokemon is a recycled piece of crap, a franchise that lives with no innovations whatsoever since the very beginning of the series, and I'd be goddamn right - all they do is slightly upgrading graphics, but always at an underwhelming level and adding more of the annoying bastards to catch. "Gotta Catch'em All" became an euphemism - you'd have to be a Buddhist on dope to catch 660+, and I sure as hell am not wasting my life on that.

I personally believe the only reason CoD gets bashed so badly is because it's one of the more well known and worst offenders, I'd put it just barely in front of the Pokemon series in terms of blandness. But then again you have to admit the Pokemon Company has tried different strategies along the way, with the GC/Wii titles and the upcoming Pokemon for 3DS.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The only way I would even consider getting this game would be if it had a zombies mode (I found it very addicting in Black Ops, yet the only thing I liked about the game)
But I think I read it won't. So, I probably won't even play it.

Battlefield 3 will annihilate this thing. And I say it as a person who doesn't like either game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ikki said:
The only way I would even consider getting this game would be if it had a zombies mode (I found it very addicting in Black Ops, yet the only thing I liked about the game)
But I think I read it won't. So, I probably won't even play it.

Battlefield 3 will annihilate this thing. And I say it as a person who doesn't like either game.

Doubt it. Think about it, how many people that bought CoD BO will actually know right know what has happened between Activision, Infinity Ward and Treyarch? All those people who bought Black Ops, will just buy MW 3 again because they liked BO and their friends are going to play MW 3 again, so they better buy it too.
Critics will rate BF 3 maybe higher, but I really doubt BF 3 will outsell or make more profit than MW 3.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TDWP FTW said:
Most people just hate on CoD because it's the cool thing to do. Eh, some people do. Or because it's not as graphically intense as other modern games. I have no idea where you got this. Sure, some people say other FPS games look better, but no one says "those graphics are ugly". There's nothing wrong with the games besides the fanbase. You're missing something there. Other games have horrible fanbases as well, but people still like them.

The games are fun, and they clearly sell well. People don't buy the games because they're CoD games, they buy them because they're fun and addicting, and a great game to play with friends.
People don't hate on the CoD franchise (post-CoD 4) solely on the fanbase, they hate it because it has recently become the same formula, same feel, same gameplay, same recycled crap over and over, and the hype it gets is ridiculously hideous. Why is there a need to hype over the same game with different settings?

The sad thing is, all the kids these days just go for the fact that it will be "the shooter to play" not because it's anything well-designed or innovative. Some probably don't even realize it's the same game but in a different skin.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DeadLocked said:
Wait, you guys don't think this looks good?
Because I think that looks pretty damn good...
8631643e314a4d4cad77835329f2154c.png

A game can look good all it wants, but it still doesn't mean shit when the gameplay really isn't that good.

QUOTE(TDWP FTW @ Jul 22 2011, 01:02 PM) ^ This.

Most people just hate on CoD because it's the cool thing to do. Or because it's not as graphically intense as other modern games. There's nothing wrong with the games besides the fanbase. Other games have horrible fanbases as well, but people still like them.

The games are fun, and they clearly sell well. People don't buy the games because they're CoD games, they buy them because they're fun and addicting, and a great game to play with friends.
Accually I have played the games (never really owned them, just borrowed them or pirated them...not throwing my money at that game.) And still say they aren't that good. I have played countless over-looked games that are far better than these games. Also I don't care too much about graphics, some of my favorite games (this including FPS's) happen to be the older games, so graphics aren't my concern.
Also your last statement really isn't fully true. Some people generally enjoy the games, but I know a good number of people who only buy the games just based on the fact that they are CoD.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
CoD is a prime offender of the standard of releasing a lack of innovation in titles. The problem with CoD is that they have made it real obvious with these yearly releases. Seriously, there are incredible games that have 2 or 3+ years spent on them that don't get the level of hype a CoD game gets in about three days. My friend has really ruined the games for me though. He's a total fanboy (one oblivious to his own fanboyism), will only play CoD on his 360 (other games are okay, but they aren't that shit storm CoD).

The problem is that lots of people who love the series are just like he is, and they are a plague on gaming. CoD is one of those big reasons why we don't see more of the games that the minorities (compared to CoD fans) would like to play. Instead we just see a shooter, a shooter, another shooter, and then another shooter, in case we didn't have enough of them yet.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
DeadLocked said:
A game can look good all it wants, but it still doesn't mean shit when the gameplay really isn't that good.
But I'm just laughing at the fact that everyone is saying these screenshots look boring and dull when, compared to most games, they look fantastic.
The gameplay isn't the best, true, but there's never a dull moment in CoD campaigns (particularly MW series) which is more than I can say for most shooters I've played.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DeadLocked said:
DeadLocked said:
But I'm just laughing at the fact that everyone is saying these screenshots look boring and dull when, compared to most games, they look fantastic.
The gameplay isn't the best, true, but there's never a dull moment in CoD campaigns (particularly MW series) which is more than I can say for most shooters I've played.
They do look pretty and shiny, but I don't think that is gameplay.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Those screenshots aren't game play guys. There is game play you can find on youtube if you are interested. The game looks exactly like MW2. Not a hint of a graphical upgrade. Not a huge surprise considering they opted to use the MW2 engine again basically calling creating a new engine a waste of time.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
^ This.

Most people just hate on CoD because it's the cool thing to do. Or because it's not as graphically intense as other modern games. There's nothing wrong with the games besides the fanbase. Other games have horrible fanbases as well, but people still like them.

Accually I have played the games (never really owned them, just borrowed them or pirated them...not throwing my money at that game.) And still say they aren't that good. I have played countless over-looked games that are far better than these games. Also I don't care too much about graphics, some of my favorite games (this including FPS's) happen to be the older games, so graphics aren't my concern.
Also your last statement really isn't fully true. Some people generally enjoy the games, but I know a good number of people who only buy the games just based on the fact that they are CoD.
This. I have played the games, imo they're really not that good. I've played CoD 1-7 (1-4 were fun, though imo), and when 8 comes out, I'll play it, and it'll probably suck to me.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hurray for grey scale graphics and lack of colour? Honestly these games look freaking terrible because they have a bland visual pallet and it's something I hate about other shooters as well. I do not want to sit there and look at a game that has a million shades of grey and a few areas where there might be some red or black, it doesn't look good at all. If you want to see a game with great graphics that doesn't look like a boring piece of shit, play Crysis.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only COD's I really enjoyed were BlackOps on the Wii and Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii and the DS, the rest pretty much sucked. They're typically Multiplayer-oriented games, sometimes I wonder why the hell do they still have a Single Player campaign - it's usually dull anyways.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
The only COD's I really enjoyed were BlackOps on the Wii and Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii and the DS, the rest pretty much sucked. They're typically Multiplayer-oriented games, sometimes I wonder why the hell do they still have a Single Player campaign - it's usually dull anyways.
They really should just make a multiplayer Arcade version strictly made for online and make a major update each year.

They'd never do it, though.

Though I disagree on the ones that you say sucked (of course it's simply opinion). I thought 1-4 were good but the rest sucked.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
I think you mean Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition and Mobilized which weren't Modern Warfare 2
tongue.gif
and I know what you mean with the Single Player but... The rest sucked? Do you mean by their multiplayer or Single Player? Compared to their predecessors, those games have terrible SP and their multiplayer is practically the same with each new edition of CoD after MW 1.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
same goddamn motherfucking game..

same bullshit cash in

battlefield has made about 3 games

how many games has Call of Duty had?...7 fucking games..

in a franchise..by the time the 4th one has been released (with movies or games)...it gets stale and old..

sad to say that I might be switching to Battlefield this year and jumping of the COD bandwagon...

cause i'm getting sick of Activision charging me for the same damn game...and now making me pay to get a full multiplayer experience.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
battlefield has made about 3 games
Actually There have been 7 games: Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield Bad Company, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3; all in that order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0