Hacking 2 Acekard 2i's, possible to update one via another

IcedDuck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought 2 Acekard 2i's, one came updated, one did not.

The second acekard was for a friend, he has the same 3ds firmware as me.

I was wondering if it is possible to use the working Acekard and update the other acekard

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know you cannot. You'd have to find a DS that recognizes it so you can run the updater.

IcedDuck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you both sure? Would it be possible to find a utility (in software form .nds) that I could launch on the updated Acekard 2i that would then prompt me to change the cart to the outdated firmware acekard 2i and then launch it? Wherein I could then update the Acekard from its own menu

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you both sure? Would it be possible to find a utility (in software form .nds) that I could launch on the updated Acekard 2i that would then prompt me to change the cart to the outdated firmware acekard 2i and then launch it? Wherein I could then update the Acekard from its own menu

Such a thing couldn't work on a 3DS or DSi due to how it handles a hot swap of the cart slot.

RukaRoaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I have two Acekard 2i cartridges. My brother's wouldn't update and then became bricked. I popped mine into a DS lite and booted up the latest Acekard 2i update, ran the update on my card which it then told me to insert another card. I inserted my brother's Acekard 2i and it was updated and worked again.

But like they said before me.. You still need a DS phat or DS lite to update period. Cart swapping or just updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-