1728 - Grand Theft Auto Advance (U)

*Anubis*

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only missing to hear Pogo the Monkey radio ads.
smile.gif

BlazeHedgehog

Trophies
Website
www.blazefire.tk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is it most people these days weren't around for the c64, amiga and atari st scenes? do people just like to collect roms? toss them onto a cd and never play them again?. I personally just don't get it, if the game works and you get it fast and free and not to mention sometimes days-weeks before stores? Not to mention getting countless european and asian releases you'd never ever get? what is so horrible about intros, sometimes they are the best part of the release. I wish more people used intros myself.

An intro is one thing - Yeah, great, you wanna give a "shout out" to all your "crew"; fine, whatever. As long as I can hit start and skip the damn thing, that's fine.

But when were talking intros that last over 15 seconds - over 30 seconds - sometimes up to a full minute - and are completely unskippable? "Yeah, I saw all your guys names once, I get the picture, great job! But seriously, can I play my game now?"

Sure, with emulation you can just hold down the fast forward button - but flashers? I don't know about you, but I came to play a game, not see the same dude's name scroll across the screen for the 50th time in a row.

As for everybody complaining - it seems you all did it to yourselves. The game seems to be a very polished and good game, it's just you expected too much from the game, and as such, you've dissapointed yourselves and are taking it out on the game. And as for those of you complaining about the framerate - why are you playing GBA games? Go back to your stupid PC games with your 1280x960 resolution and your 520fps in Counterstrike. This game is very, very playable and you have absolutely no reason to be bitching about the framerate other than making an ass of yourself.

Jeeze, it's no wonder I stopped reading replies to releases with the way some of you act.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just played this game and it is playable. The framerate is not nearly as bad as some of you guys are tring to make it out to be. Driving around running over people is just as fun on the GBA as is in Vice City lol.
biggrin.gif

Deanwick

GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland

egev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have played the game yesterday on my gba for a few hours.
I do not have any frame-rate trouble at all. the game just runs smooth!
I love the game!
laugh.gif

I use a EZ-F advance flash card.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah... I forgot about the fact that it's also needing to draw and remember quite a big map and lots of items that arn't seen on the map are still there upon return. I've backed up a full block or two just to collect cash or weapons after running someone over. This game is awesome though... I'm having lots of fun playing it. I can't wait to see what payback will do with this idea, but with a more detailed 3d engine. And I love rolling other cars when smashing in to them. Also found another complaint though... the car collision detection area is a bit larger of an area then the actual sprite of the car... kinda annoying when trying to thread the needle between two cars when blazin fast down the freeway.

Only one request... even though I personaly don't mind not seeing a full map available in game... can someone post a link to a scan of the full map used for the game? I'd like to get an idea of how big this city really is. That'd be awesome. I've googled it, but to no avail. Thanks.

Skelv_tnt

Trophies
Website
www.google.es
XP
Country
gbasp2.gif
This game is awesome but i don´tthink that is one of the top five for the gba.
What about castlevania´s,boktai´s,wario ware,this are absolutely originals GTA:A it´s half original.(you understandme)
Anyway this one is very nice.

gbasp2.gif
VIVA MEXICO
Well, that was only MY opinion: I'm such a GTA freak, you know
tongue.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
don't mind not seeing a full map available in game... can someone post a link to a scan of the full map used for the game? I'd like to get an idea of how big this city really is. That'd be awesome. I've googled it, but to no avail. Thanks.
There's a map included with the game when you buy it of course, you could always ask someone to scan that. Other than that, head over to the GameFAQs message board for GTA Advance, and you'll find a thread where someone has started a map for the game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man this game is buggy, another rush job from Rock Star. The framerate is better if you play the actual cart of the game but it still gets horrible slowdown when you have the cops on you.

Look out for GTA clone Payback, looks quite tasty.

Gaijin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
huh.gif
guys.. I'm running a pretty crappy computer (2 y/o laptop) and while I dont get bad graphics, I dont get any framerate probs with this release... everything runs smoothly... cept I cant get over 4 stars.... even after gunning down and running over about 40 swat and police after 4 stars..... is this a bug?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ