Hardware 16GB SDHC Problem w/ 4.0u Wii

Gabe1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm running a US Wii w/ system menu 4.0u that was soft-modded using the UBER guide, and then upgraded to cIOS Rev14.

The FAT32 Transcend 16GB SDHC card I use for homebrew functions fine in HBC, and on a PC as well as other mobile devices,
however when I try to access the card from the Wii Main Menu I receive the error message:

"The device inserted in the SD card slot cannot be used".

Is there any reason why the card would function at full capacity in HBC, but not for the Wii Main Menu? Has soft-modding my
Wii removed the ability for SDHC cards to be read by the Wii Main Menu?

Any suggestions or work arounds? I also tried the search feature but was unable to come up with any threads regarding high capacity
cards with the same problem I'm having on 4.0u or higher. If I missed something, please post the link.

Thanks!

Lion640

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem. my regular 1gb SD card works but SDHC dose not work for SD card menu or in the channels well looks like im gonna be watchin this thread
wink.gif

andir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi i got the same problem with 4.1e europe
i updatet from 3.2 europe with the updater from waninkoko and my 8gb sdhc card wasn't recognised
i set the wii back to factory default and the sdhc card worked.
i don't know why but thats a way to get it working

Gabe1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andir said:
i set the wii back to factory default and the sdhc card worked.

What do you mean by "i set the wii back to factory default?" Did you just Format the system memory, removing channels and what not? IIRC there isn't a factory default restore option in the Wii menu. If you did format the system memory, how did you reinstall the HBC? Bannerbomb? Backup from SD?

Lion640

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i actually had a bricked wii and i messed up so i had to factory reset and then i checked and my SDHC card did work. its only when you hackk your wii and keep it on 4.1 or 4.0 that it wont work. im just guessin from my experience and i don't know if there is a way around it but i hope there is

Gabe1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I finally managed to get it to work. I ran my card through the Panasonic SD Formater [Easily found on google], and it ran perfectly.

monkey04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you have preloader installed you have to change the system menu ios to ios 60 because system menu 4.0U uses ios60 not 30
had the same problem did this and now it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.