MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really? the death penalty?

a) the kid obviously has something wrong with him
b) hes a minor
c) and most important of all, the death penalty is hypocritical as well as very barbaric

"oh, lets kill the person who killed someone!"
then lets kill the executioners. the death penalty is *very* harsh.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
They at least need to beat the shit out of him and break his legs or something.....maybe break his hands so badly that he'll never be able to play a video game again! Ohhhhhh or better yet chop off his hands! Yeah I know it's a little harsh and gruesome but he killed his brother!

seahorsepip

Trophies
Website
seahorsepip.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
RchUncleSkeleton said:
They at least need to beat the shit out of him and break his legs or something.....maybe break his hands so badly that he'll never be able to play a video game again! Ohhhhhh or better yet chop off his hands! Yeah I know it's a little harsh and gruesome but he killed his brother!
haha cut of his hands
rofl2.gif
thats a little bit to much I think, but there countrys where you hand gets cut-off when you rob a shop!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
connor_walsh said:
Wow this kid needs to Chile out.
LAME!

Anyways, according to the news these kids were very poor, and since their parents couldn't take care properly of them they were taken to a SENAME center, SENAME means Servicio Nacional del Menor (Underage's National Service), here they were re-allocated to a new household under care of a belgian citizen on Providencia, Providencia is a comuna (a comuna is a commune, and that's how cities are split into different sectors here) with upper-middle to high SES citizens, said citizen provided them with things they never had, like comfort and luxuries, so I guess it kind of makes it more comprehensible, it still is a crime, a very silly one, but I guess he might always have seen his brother as a threat to everything the belgian woman provided.

Also, why does the title, say "Chile kid" and not "chilean kid" like it should be?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
#5661 said:
Wow.
Probably not the full story, though...

Obviously.

All these "Omg someone killed for video games again! Ban it!" news posts try to blame it all on the video games. You don't go and stab someone just for turning on a console, there had to either be some seriously build up before this happened or the kid was mentally ill.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just because someone mentally ill, doesn't mean they should get special treatment when doing a crime. That's like saying if someone that was mentally ill and they go on a massacre, they would get less time than a guy who killed 1 person who has no disabilities. Anyways people who kill other people are always a little crazy.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
golio514 said:
LAME!

Anyways, according to the news these kids were very poor, and since their parents couldn't take care properly of them they were taken to a SENAME center, SENAME means Servicio Nacional del Menor (Underage's National Service), here they were re-allocated to a new household under care of a belgian citizen on Providencia, Providencia is a comuna (a comuna is a commune, and that's how cities are split into different sectors here) with upper-middle to high SES citizens, said citizen provided them with things they never had, like comfort and luxuries, so I guess it kind of makes it more comprehensible, it still is a crime, a very silly one, but I guess he might always have seen his brother as a threat to everything the belgian woman provided.

Also, why does the title, say "Chile kid" and not "chilean kid" like it should be?
I see. It sure is better to know the full history of what really happened.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
Just because someone mentally ill, doesn't mean they should get special treatment when doing a crime. That's like saying if someone that was mentally ill and they go on a massacre, they would get less time than a guy who killed 1 person who has no disabilities. Anyways people who kill other people are always a little crazy.

Well yes, but that's not what I was saying. I was saying that this shouldn't all be blamed on video games, as he was probably mentally ill or there was other quarrels that led to this final outburst.

AznPride112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG , Dude this kid is fucking crazy , I touch my PS3 at home and my bro doesn't care. SINCE when does the 16 Year old get to say what the 18 year old , Brother does or doesn't do.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
.Darky said:
Cut his hands off so he'll never play video games again.
Project Natal says otherwise.

Well then I guess they'll have to make sure he's a quadriplegic so he won't be able to play games even through project natal....oh yeah and clip his vocal chords too!

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RchUncleSkeleton said:
Njrg said:
.Darky said:
Cut his hands off so he'll never play video games again.
Project Natal says otherwise.

Well then I guess they'll have to make sure he's a quadriplegic so he won't be able to play games even through project natal....oh yeah and clip his vocal chords too!

If you want those things done to someone, either be willing to do it yourself or STHU and stop advocating outright barbarism. What you're saying is almost as sick as what he did. You live in the United States, not Nazi Germany.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
If you want those things done to someone, either do it yourself or stop advocating outright barbarism. What you're saying is almost as sick as what he did. You live in the United States, not Nazi Germany.

Hey, calm down! I'm having a little fun! yeah I live in the United States, what of it? He lives in Chile and killed someone for turning on a game console! So because I say he should suffer that makes it "almost as bad"? First off no, I didn't kill anyone nor did I attempt to! Secondly I can have whatever opinion I want! Last how is it barbarism? I'm not doing anything to anyone and I'm not telling anyone directly to do anything I'm saying they should do something! You're just a liberal whiner and there should be harsh punishments for killers. People like you are the reason murderer's and rapists get set free.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
gamefreak94 said:
If a person cannot think for themselves, they should not be punished with such severity. Reform them in a mental hospital, if the crime was bad enough, and lock them up in there for a very long time if necessary. Should we then preemptively remove people with certain mental diseases just because they might be a threat to society? That's borderline eugenics.

This particular case could very well be a case in which the 16 year old was perfectly conscious of what he was doing and carried the murder out in cold blood or in a fit of rage. In that case, lock him up.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RchUncleSkeleton said:
So because I say he should suffer that makes it "almost as bad"? First off no, I didn't kill anyone nor did I attempt to! Secondly I can have whatever opinion I want! Last how is it barbarism? I'm not doing anything to anyone and I'm not telling anyone directly to do anything I'm saying they should do something! You're just a liberal whiner and there should be harsh punishments for killers. People like you are the reason murderer's and rapists get set free.

Capital Punishment... and even more, torturing someone is barbaric. And yes, for a society to institutionalize such practices is nearly as bad. Even in war, torture is illegal (despite the fact I have no doubt it's sometimes done, unfortunately), so why is it you'd find it acceptable as a form of punishment in the legal system of a civilized society?

If you really want things like paralysis or torture to be part of a criminal's sentence, then have the balls to do it yourself. Same goes for the death penalty... if you can actually take on the role of executioner and watch the life drain out of someone (despite how terrible these criminals are, it's usually a very emotionally scarring job), that's when I'll be more inclined to take your opinion seriously.

QUOTE(RchUncleSkeleton @ Apr 30 2010, 01:33 AM) You're just a liberal whiner and there should be harsh punishments for killers. People like you are the reason murderer's and rapists get set free.

And you're just another draconian-minded conservative with a ridiculous persecution complex, who likes dispensing uninformed, armchair justice.

I'm in favour of long prison sentences for people who commit serious crimes, but execution crosses a line; and most civilized countries have recognized that. Take a look at the list of countries (aside from the US) that actually have the death penalty, and tell me how many of them you'd want to live in? Those states which still have the death penalty are in poor company, in that regard.

Whether I'm "liberal" or not, by no means do I want murderers or rapists to get slaps on the wrist. Harsh sentences for serious crimes, by all means. But executions? Or, even worse, legalized torture or mutilation? No thanks. I'll move to a dictatorship or a theocracy if I want those things.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Schizoanalysis said:
TM2-Megatron said:
You live in the United States, not Nazi Germany.

rolleyes.gif

Because no one in America has ever killed anyone else... That's something only those bad foreign Germans do...

Barbarian foreigners... garumph...

What are you even talking about? I said that because he advocated things like paralysing someone, cutting off their hands, or other forms of mutilation and torture as a form of punishment for criminals. That isn't done in a civilized society, or condoned by any democratic nation I'm familiar with. Pick whichever corrupt totalitarian regime suits your fancy; it needn't be Nazi Germany.

My point was, civilized societies today don't do these things. There are good reasons why "an eye for an eye" is no longer acceptable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER