1590 - Chaoji Maliou 2 (Super Mario Advance) (C)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
top_left1.gif
top_left.gif
1590 - Chaoji Maliou 2 (Super Mario Advance)
top_right_new.gif
screens.gif
1590_1.PNG
1590_2.PNG
[/p]
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
info.gif
Release Group:WRGSave Type:EEPROM_V122ROM Size:32MbitFilename:wrg-cjmlo.zipRegion:ChinaPublisher:Nintendo/iQueLanguage(s):ChineseROM Serial:AGB-AMAC-CHI
horiz_trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif

D

Deleted User

i think its great that nintendo releases the games in china!! i'd love to get a retail copy of one of them (almost just for the iQue-logo appearing on the package ...
happy.gif
) but i really dont know where!

i also doubt that every game gets re-released in china! i think theyll do just the ones that were great sellers in other countrys!

edit: fixed typo

Quantum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apparent the chinese say the r as an l. So, instead of Mario, its Maliou (Malio).

wink.gif
Actually, they just used an L because it sounds more like the American pronunciation of R than the Chinese R does, because the Chinese R is more of a... well, I don't know how to type it, but it's not like the American R.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i wonder how these official nintendo carts are selling in china with all the pirate carts available there
thats really a good question... wasnt there this one group (website project) translating some of the roms into chinese (with good results) also?
Yeah PGCG.

Aside from the text are there any other (gameplay) changes in this or anything? ...I'm not sure Nintendo will suceed in winning over the Chinese market into buying legal carts, still it can't hurt I guess.

smile.gif

D

Deleted User

yeah DarkForce ... thanks of reminding me ... ive forgotten their name ...

but anyways ... you should remove the link cos of the roms download there ...
happy.gif

Harkan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sad , if they relesed the games in english insted of japanese there wouldnt be games like these and by that i mean dupes of different langueges

NeoBahamut

Dragon King of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Chaoji" literally means "super class" but it's commonly used to mean "super" in Chinese. The same characters are used in "supermarket". Maliou" is the closest Chinese characters that they can find that matches the sound of "Mario". You could always pick your own characters and no one would mind as long as it sounded right. But, since this is common, that's what it is referred to as.

Long before the Japanese made up their own character set of Hiragana and Katakana, they also used a similar system to "Kanji-nize" foreign names. In fact, some Japanese still use those names. e.g. America, Amerika (Katakana), Beikoku (Kanji).

Anyway, I wonder how these games will do in China. Not only are they old as GBA releases but they're basically re-makes of old SNES games... I don't think they'll really sell that well to be honest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1