Hacking 13 Different Games crashing @boot on B9S/Luma

gruven42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the same issue on my region changed 3ds
It was originally a Japanese 3ds, then I change it into a USA console following plailcet's guide
For now, I found two games that will break, which are ever oasis and heroes of ruins
Wish there's a solution for this

BTW, I've seen plailcet saying that CTR transfer will break reboot patches
And formatting your system can solve this
I'll try formatting my console as soon as I get a card reader around and will report then.

PS: forgot to mention that my console is 11.4 with 1.2 b9s on luma 8.0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yo guys, I fixed this problem for heroes of ruin in no time
Just update your luma through luma updater to the latest hourly build, and the issue just vanished

Report if it doesn't work for specific games
I'll try ever oasis for next
I'm on 8.0-da0ee2e4 and got a crash with Ever Oasis EU. Attached is the screen and dump.

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000002.zip
    550 bytes · Views: 228
  • IMG_2116_sm.jpg
    IMG_2116_sm.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 401

gruven42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 8.0-da0ee2e4 and got a crash with Ever Oasis EU. Attached is the screen and dump.
This fixed it for me:
See the "Enable Game Patching" section: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Specifically, here are my instructions:

1. Update to the latest Luma3DS version
  2. Enable game patching in settings
  3. Download Luma Locale Switcher RVC
  4. Use it to set the locale to what you want. (For example, ever oasis is a EUR game - therefore, you need to set its locale to EUR <LANG, typically EN> for it to work on non EUR consoles)

Slashkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Got this on NSMB2 on same place, 4 time in a row =/
Luma is 8.1

Attachments

• 6UCtAH_Iqdw.jpg
    6UCtAH_Iqdw.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 423

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you enabled extra L2 cache and/or higher CPU clock ? It caused a lot of crashes with various homebrews and games on latest Luma. Disabling it reduced it (I still have some, but far less).

Last edited by GBHAKC75,
D

Deleted-351540

I enabled game patching in luma and changed the region of the game using luma locale, got 20 hours now with no crashing
I can confirm this, except for region changing a game. After being suggested to enable game patching in the Luma config menu and doing so, none of my games or homebrew have been crashing anymore. Been trying to make it happen for a few weeks now and got none. Not sure why, but eh... I'm happy enough not having to go back to A9LH/Luma 7.

Slashkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Have you enabled extra L2 cache and/or Higher CPU clock ? It caused a lot of crashes with various homebrews and games on latest Luma. Disabling it reduced it (I still have some, but far less).
Nope, it's disable all time. And I checked my CD card, formated it, etc. It's my 1st problem with luma :)
btw, I have a "irritating hiss" instead music in freeshop :unsure: someone said "just go in e-shop and wait 5-10 minutes". It's true? :D

>After being suggested to enable game patching in the Luma config menu and doing so, none of my games or homebrew have been crashing anymore
ok, done :)

Reactions: Gcentrex

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope, it's disable all time. And I checked my CD card, formated it, etc. It's my 1st problem with luma :)
btw, I have a "irritating hiss" instead music in freeshop :unsure: someone said "just go in e-shop and wait 5-10 minutes". It's true?

I can't say, but it sounds weird to me. Never had this issue...
Did you dumped your DSP ?

Slashkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I can't say, but it sounds weird to me. Never had this issue...
Did you dumped your DSP ?
Nope. And I cant say when it's started. It's 3DS utility from homebrew?
Freeshop works fine, I can just turn off sound, but I think it's must not work like this ^_^

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope. And I cant say when it's started. It's 3DS utility from homebrew?
Freeshop works fine, I can just turn off sound, but I think it's must not work like this ^_^

You need to dump your DSP to get working sound on homebrews. The most convenient way if you have a CFW is with DSP1. Install the CIA, start it, press B and it will uninstall itself.

Reactions: Slashkin

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was happening to me too. On 2 systems. Right after AL9H to B9S installation. Both N3DS systems were on 11.4. Updating system software to 11.5 fixed it. Shouldn't, but it did. Crashed in most games and all homebrew. Stable now. You can turn off the arm 11 exception handler in Luma setting too. So backup your nand and run a system update.

Last edited by mikefor20,

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I didn’t know there were so many crash reports on Luma. I have installed Luma 8.1 and b9s 1.2 on a stock 10.7 FW o3DS and been playing only MHXX for almost 50 hours now. Not a single crash.
My console is EUR, the game is obviously JP, no game patching enabled in Luma settings.
I used the patched game (with English patch) for 30 some hours, then installed the unpatched game and been using NTR boot selector (mode 3) to apply the English patch “live”; also using the clock/battery plugin in NTR boot.
Not a single crash so far, even entering NTRBoot settings in game to change brightness.
I didn’t try any of the listed games though. I may be able to give some of them a try next week.
I’ll keep you posted.

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I didn’t know there were so many crash reports on Luma. I have installed Luma 8.1 and b9s 1.2 on a stock 10.7 FW o3DS and been playing only MHXX for almost 50 hours now. Not a single crash.
My console is EUR, the game is obviously JP, no game patching enabled in Luma settings.
I used the patched game (with English patch) for 30 some hours, then installed the unpatched game and been using NTR boot selector (mode 3) to apply the English patch “live”; also using the clock/battery plugin in NTR boot.
Not a single crash so far, even entering NTRBoot settings in game to change brightness.
I didn’t try any of the listed games though. I may be able to give some of them a try next week.
I’ll keep you posted.
Following my post, I tried a few games: Majora’s Mask for about an hour, 45 minutes with Puzzle Dragons Z and 30 or so minutes with Dragon Quest VIII and I experienced not. a. single. crash.
Or hiccup.
Or issue whatsoever.

If you have a lot of games crashing on Luma and b9s, it may depend on your SD card and/or some not-state-of-the-art installation of CFW.

juniorbarrosss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my Pokémon Y cartridge is crashing at the beginning of the game. In the grass,to be specific.
this is the error

Attachments

• IMG-20171025-WA0046.jpg
    IMG-20171025-WA0046.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 319

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CameronCataclysm @ CameronCataclysm: Why no blog posts about Nitendont going after Garry's Mod repos that have been up for a decade or 2?