Hacking 11.3 Bricked me lol

Tony_93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you delete them in the first place? The simple update has no effect on either of those things, as per many other reports of people updating to 11.3 with Luma+A9LH. So you must have done something else.

Lets recap a little.

1) Updated to 11.3 (black screened).
2) Used decrypt9 payload to restore 9.2
3) Updated to 11.3 again (blackscreened)
4) Updated luma and it worked.

Now when I hit the badges Icon it tells me "This feature cannot be used, because you dont have any badges yet"

Tried to download the badges app to see if they popped again... nintendo store tells me I need to create an NNID...

The files must be there somehow but the system doesn't see them? I dont know :wacko:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dont think relinking my NNID will bring them back since Nintendo has zero records of what badges you have and what not.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets recap a little.

1) Updated to 11.3 (black screened).
2) Used decrypt9 payload to restore 9.2
3) Updated to 11.3 again (blackscreened)
4) Updated luma and it worked.

Now when I hit the badges Icon it tells me "This feature cannot be used, because you dont have any badges yet"

Tried to download the badges app to see if they popped again... nintendo store tells me I need to create an NNID...

The files must be there somehow but the system doesn't see them? I dont know :wacko:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dont think relinking my NNID will bring them back since Nintendo has zero records of what badges you have and what not.
Okay so that's your problem. You restored your "old ass backup" which must have been before you gained those badges or linked that NNID. Hence why they are no longer present. You didn't restore a NAND from 11.2, you updated via system settings from your 9.2 backup. That sucks dude Lol pays to double check.

Tony_93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so that's your problem. You restored your "old ass backup" which must have been before you gained those badges or linked that NNID. Hence why they are no longer present. You didn't restore a NAND from 11.2, you updated via system settings from your 9.2 backup. That sucks dude Lol pays to double check.

Yeah, the backup was from when I first got the system... Before I created the NNID and started collecting badges...

All my 3DS games are cardtridges and the only "digital" I had were a couple of cias I had downloaded, thats the reason I didnt hesitate about restoring a NAND backup, I completely forgot about the badges....

Oh well, I guess I'll stop collecting them since I dont feel like starting from zero again.

Thanks for your help guys, at least I can keep playing my games :grog:

Reactions: Majickhat55

LunarXDiviner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, just to say, I checked to see if this update was needed for online functions before doing anything- it's not.
There is no reason to even update.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll try later since I am on my way to work now, will let you know if I get them back :)

It will work, trust me
@Tony_93 any legit badges are linked to NNID, when you boot the Badge game for 1st time after a format the Bunny will ask you to wait while the game redownloads all and every badge that you got. The only con is that every tutorial regarding the types of cranes and the animations to update the statue will be played again.

And before trying to get you NNID back, do a backup of every save you have (including mii plaza) with jksm, because it's highly probable that you will have to do a system format to re-link your NNID.

mizorechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still using my old a9lh from the old 5 parts tutorial. I tried to update but stopped after the warning message: "couldn't verify stage1 and/or stage2 integrity! continuing might be dangerous!"

Nobody replied to me why this warning message is showing, so I stopped it until it's safe for old a9lh users to update.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still using my old a9lh from the old 5 parts tutorial. I tried to update but stopped after the warning message: "couldn't verify stage1 and/or stage2 integrity! continuing might be dangerous!"

Nobody replied to me why this warning message is showing, so I stopped it until it's safe for old a9lh users to update.
It should be safe. I updated my A9LH about a month ago from my initial install of it back in March 2015, so I have V1 for a LONG time. Just make sure you're using the proper data_input v4 and SafeA9Installer v 2.6.7. Make sure you delete your old A9LH folder and copy the new one over from the data input. It could simply be that the data got corrupted during the transfer to your SD card. Check it for bad sectors, then copy it over like 3 times to preserve integrity :D.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be good...