Hacking 11.1.0-34 firmware update out

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I got 8gb space in my sd card i tried installing smaller files and it works fine on freeshop, downloaded cia

Is your .CIA larger than 4GB ?
- Your SD card formated as Fat32 for sure, so you can't get store more than 4GB for each file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try to download your game via CIAngel.

sweglord69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is your .CIA larger than 4GB ?
- Your SD card formated as Fat32 for sure, so you can't get store more than 4GB for each file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try to download your game via CIAngel.

hmm i think its fat32 im using new 3ds so im using on the sd data mangement atm cause taking out the screws at the back is not available for me cuz i dont have the correct screws xD the ones that im installing that have an error is bravely default, resident evil revelations which is 3.2gb approx each. I tried installing them 1 by 1 but got an error. I tried downloading from CIAngel and freeshop but still no luck

Reactions: Bohamad93

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
hmm i think its fat32 im using new 3ds so im using on the sd data mangement atm cause taking out the screws at the back is not available for me cuz i dont have the correct screws xD the ones that im installing that have an error is bravely default, resident evil revelations which is 3.2gb approx each. I tried installing them 1 by 1 but got an error. I tried downloading from CIAngel and freeshop but still no luck

Try this:

-Download .3ds ( The game you want ) ==> ISO or something.
-Trim the size ( by that application )
-Convert trimmed .3ds to .CIA ( by that application )
-install it via FBI

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It might have been a better idea to check if they had updated before you updated your 3ds.
Even then, sometimes the 3DS update does not break GW. It'd be cool if they spent 15 seconds just reporting whether we need to wait with updating emunand so you don't have to monitor community forums 24/7 to be safe. Oh well. No DQ for me.

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait... So I got my a9lh Luna N3DS XL set just like pailec's suggested.

That NTR won't work anymore? Or do I still have the hardware boost after updating?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
In my case... I would like switch to Luma / A9LH from RxTools, the problem is the risk of softbricking it.

I had to pray while being on the process I had to do back in February 12th when I installed RxTools into O3DS. (also with my friend via skype.. sigh)

The thing is... it has already MenuHax, the settings of RxTools inside and stuff and I fear that all the BOOT would be erased because of another CFW that I never had been on the process beforehand like RxTools.

A9LH is my yet biggest concern. I mean... downgrading to 2.1? Woah no. My 2011 3DS wouldn't like dat and having a SYS and EMU by far, has been "comfortable"
You don't softbrick by switching. Afaik, if you use Menuhax and already have an EmuNAND, it's essentially drag&drop

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
In my case... I would like switch to Luma / A9LH from RxTools, the problem is the risk of softbricking it.

I had to pray while being on the process I had to do back in February 12th when I installed RxTools into O3DS. (also with my friend via skype.. sigh)

The thing is... it has already MenuHax, the settings of RxTools inside and stuff and I fear that all the BOOT would be erased because of another CFW that I never had been on the process beforehand like RxTools.

A9LH is my yet biggest concern. I mean... downgrading to 2.1? Woah no. My 2011 3DS wouldn't like dat and having a SYS and EMU by far, has been "comfortable"
And A9LH is now pretty safe, youre overrating the difficulty.

Reactions: civickm

niteshyadav3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You don't softbrick by switching. Afaik, if you use Menuhax and already have an EmuNAND, it's essentially drag&drop

I believe it's just a matter of changing rxtools files to Luma3ds and follow the guide after that part since you essentially need to set up emuNAND to install a9lh but I checked that a long time ago when there was the 5 step guide instead of the better and time saving newer one.

tankgrrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say a friend of mine updated his O3DS SYSNAND Luma3DS (Plailect's guide) to 11.1.0-34U and HBL and Freeshop still work. One more data point...

mariosmentor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a9lh and other cfw emunands are working on 11.1 based on early reports. Make sure you have a CTRNAND backup on 11.0 before updating a9lh

I got a9lh+luma recently. How do I do a CTRNAND backup? And update a9lh? That's.......just simply updating like normal, right?

ldmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I just finish DSiWare downgrade from 11.1 firmware to luma+armloader!
It's real! My thanks to Plailect for dgtool for 11.1 and guys who update OOT3DHAX and make freakyhax. It was really helpfull!
Thank you!

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question, for me since my 3DS has never been homebrewed before i will have to wait until one of the standalone HBL Exploits updates correct?

xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I got a9lh+luma recently. How do I do a CTRNAND backup? And update a9lh? That's.......just simply updating like normal, right?
Using the decrypt9WIP payload [if you set it up in Plailect's guide] (Hold X and power on your 3DS). A9LH isn't what you're updating, its your system's firmware version. From there, you go from sysNAND options --> CTRNAND Transfer --> dump.

Edit: Yes, it is updating like normal.

Last edited by xyxa,

civickm

Rocky Mountain IT Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And A9LH is now pretty safe, youre overrating the difficulty.

Last night I helped my neighbors kid with it he installed A9LH+Luma on his 2ds (was on version 10.7), only had to help explain how to copy files to/from his SD card. Everything else he followed the steps from the guide, not bad for a 7 year old.

Reactions: xyxa

Koreos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone. I'm new to the 3ds hacking scene, and I need help. I updated to 11.1.0.34 (missclick, bruh). I saw that the payload has been updated, but how do I replace it manually ?
I'm using v*hax
Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...