Hacking 11.1.0-34 firmware update out

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh il bet browser hax will keep coming back webkit in the 3ds browsers buggy which means their could be heaps of exploits in it
That honestly probably depends on Smea's workload and private life. Browserhax//Menuhacks was dead for a WHILE after 11.0 came out. We literally just got it back a few weeks before this new update. Though it probably won't be long since this update was nothing like 11.0

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've noticed an oddity in the new payloads for oothax. I've tried it on 3 systems, a non-CFW regular n3DS, A9LH 2DS and an A9LH n3DSXL. The payload failed to work on the n3DSXL, but works flawlessly on the n3DS and 2DS.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've noticed an oddity in the new payloads for oothax. I've tried it on 3 systems, a non-CFW regular n3DS, A9LH 2DS and an A9LH n3DSXL. The payload failed to work on the n3DSXL, but works flawlessly on the n3DS and 2DS.
That's pretty interesting. I would assume the N3DS and N3DSXL use the same exact architecture.....

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hi, there!
I'm on 9.2 Sysnand and I'm using Gateway Emunand on 11.0.
Is it safe for me to update emunand to 11.1 or do I break something with it?
My Nands are unlinked and I am using Menuhax as Entry point in Sysnand.

Thanks guys!

Read through this thread. The answer to GW, is that it's broken on 11.1, so stay were you are for now.

Reactions: Jeanious

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hmm.. That doesn't sound good. Still using SmileBASIC on my N3DSXL for now while holding off on updating.

I hope it'll be fixed in a few days as I need to access to eshop, so I'm going to have no choice but to update.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
yes and no. staying on 10.3 since CTR-HTTPWN is broken , you will loose online features and eShop

it boils down to the elitists need to just GTFO from GBA temp or Just lurk. for teh most part why rxtools users get such flak, its outdated, doesnt have the protections and yes while there are features in luma most rxtools users dont give to fracks about every update an rxtool user makes runs the risk of finally meeting thier fate and its too late. (say what if 11.2 is teh death and said user updates, and thsi update overrides Sysnand,FIRM0/FIRM1? they wont have any option to Fix it w/o Hardmoding and when Hardmoding is the only option most tend to... "Get pissy" (luma has FIRM write protections to stop an update brick)

the urge to update From it while most can is to prevent an update Brick.
Uh, it won't happen like this. How would they "bypass" EmuNAND? If anything, EmuNAND would stop booting when RXTools breaks. I doubt it'll update SysNAND instead. Hell, RXTools doesn't even have a proper A9LH version.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Reactions: Majickhat55

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
People with A9LH should asume that, if they're using an updated CFW, they will always be safe, instead of watching the update news?
No. Nintendo may find a way of breaking A9LH. It's good to be cautious.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess I would have no problem if I update emunand only
(I currently have sysnand 9.2, A9LH and emunand 11.something)

Last edited by koyuki38,

niteshyadav3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, if I have a9lh and Diverhax, this update doesn't affects me? I can update and I'll have the same user-made things I had?

niteshyadav3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So, if I have a9lh and Diverhax, this update doesn't affects me? I can update and I'll have the same user-made things I had?
Smea has updated the payload for the hbl via for 11.1 already so you only need to update the payload to use the homebrew launcher if you're running a9lh. Other hax are still being fixed at the moment but I read somewhere that oothax works.
I think it still works on a9lh.
Yes a9lh can simply use the updated payload to launch the homebrew launcher cia.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All we waiting for now is native NTR support
It's somewhat there for European consoles only using bootntr otherwise downgrading the home menu version also works but you'll need the firmware.bin you can read more here https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/52k8hg/you_can_indeed_downgrade_the_111_home_menu_to_106/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1