Hacking 11.1.0-34 firmware update out

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
DAMN!, I was trying to update my emunand to 11.0-33.... I went onto Nintendo's website to see what the latest update was, thinking it was compitble (at the time was still 11.0-33)...

Turns out, I have the worst luck, Nintendo decided to roll out a new update right when I was trying to grab the old 33 update :((((( now I cant use gateway multimenu

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cravas: thank you for the enlightening link!:)

I use ACNLs JPN and USA (this is RF) and description files in /luma/locales for them.
Both work on 11.1 A9LH+Luma 6.1.2 (normal).
I was able to visit both cities via online.

I'm saying the system was JPN, but was region changed to US firmware. I made a nand backup, and will update later.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
so... even the hardmod downgrade was killed?
No, afaik they didn't patch plaintext downgrade (aka DSiWareHax and hardmod downgrades)

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigao

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Not really. RXTools should just die already. Lots of people who use it have issues and keep complaining about it, saying they don't want to change. If 11.1 killed RXTools for good, people would finally have to move to a CFW that is actually developed and not obsolete.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
the core issue itself can't really be fixed ever. it can only be fixed per-update by updating the kernel version and important titles (like Home Menu) requiring it.
Yes, that's what I mean by not being fixed. I wonder why they didn't do that.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. RXTools should just die already. Lots of people who use it have issues and keep complaining about it, saying they don't want to change. If 11.1 killed RXTools for good, people would finally have to move to a CFW that is actually developed and not obsolete.

It was a joke but I believe that RxTools should still work throughout time. Some people just do want to update And they want it left like that. I have 3 consoles on RxTools because I haven't had time to update them to A9LH. I just A9LH a 3ds xl 2 weeks ago. Rxtools is good for the people who don't want to suffer through another guide. And besides, it works for what most want... Piracy. Also, if Rxtools broke, people will become confused and think that they have broken their 3DS. Rxtools breaking would do way more harm than good. Many people with RX may not even know about Rxtools. Well that's how I feel about the topic. I may install Luma on my 3ds this week and get rid of menuhax because my older brother hates it. :/

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It was a joke but I believe that RxTools should still work throughout time. Some people just do want to update And they want it left like that. I have 3 consoles on RxTools because I haven't had time to update them to A9LH. I just A9LH a 3ds xl 2 weeks ago. Rxtools is good for the people who don't want to suffer through another guide. And besides, it works for what most want... Piracy. Also, if Rxtools broke, people will become confused and think that they have broken their 3DS. Rxtools breaking would do way more harm than good. Many people with RX may not even know about Rxtools. Well that's how I feel about the topic. I may install Luma on my 3ds this week and get rid of menuhax because my older brother hates it. :/
You don't need to use A9LH to not use RXTools. Luma works fine from Menuhax.

Reactions: civickm

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only you don't have to "suffer through another guide" because its a drag and drop. No need to hunt down firmware.bins, no need to download 30 other files with it (or go on that iso site ;)), or spend an hour setting it up.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I know, the main idea of what I wrote is that RxTools breaking will cause more harm than good.
It really won't. If anything, for a while GBATemp will be flooded with questions, but how is that different from the current "help pls I'm on RXTools, and something stopped working" ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol