Hacking 11.1.0-34 firmware update out

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow on Reinand CFW 11.1 I got BootNTR 2.4 to work, shows it is 3.3 on menu but it works like how did this happen? Was not working with 3.3 but 2.4 got messed up and got 3.3 still
reinand uses firmware.bins iirc (which is why ntr worked). Not sure about the version you are using though.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for people sticking to rxTools lets look at it this way.

rxTools = Windows XP SP2/SP3 , Great for its time Held out for a long time and was teh most stable thing for an OS (or in this analogy a CFW) but time marches on, Improvements are made, patches and workarounds to newer cockblocks by nintendo, and patches for things we didnt think possible back then. it has hit EoL, teh advent of A9LH time School and Life has had the Dev haveto End development. it's dead in the water and a ground up re-write is needed to make it good again with Community Support.

Luma3DS= Windows 7, the New Rock hard setady OS, the pillar of stability as an OS (again in this situation, CFW) New features new optimizations Protections against FIRM0/FIRM1 Overwrites , Preservation of A9LH and a damn great CFW for Menuhax users, New features will build upon and will be integrated into Luma, and will beLong term support for years to come.

4.5 stubborn MSET users = Windows ME, Bloated Unstable Unoptimized Garbage in the modern Times.

Reactions: civickm

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does homebrew that depend on DSP still work after updating to 11.1? I've seen this question asked but nobody answered so I figure I'd re-ask. That's really the only thing I'm truly concerned about as an A9LH user. I have my DSP dumped for 11.0 but if it's broken on 11.1 I'll sacrifice future online gameplay in exchange for having sound in emulators.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for people sticking to rxTools lets look at it this way.

rxTools = Windows XP SP2/SP3 , Great for its time Held out for a long time and was teh most stable thing for an OS (or in this analogy a CFW) but time marches on, Improvements are made, patches and workarounds to newer cockblocks by nintendo, and patches for things we didnt think possible back then. it has hit EoL, teh advent of A9LH time School and Life has had the Dev haveto End development. it's dead in the water and a ground up re-write is needed to make it good again with Community Support.

Luma3DS= Windows 7, the New Rock hard setady OS, the pillar of stability as an OS (again in this situation, CFW) New features new optimizations Protections against FIRM0/FIRM1 Overwrites , Preservation of A9LH and a damn great CFW for Menuhax users, New features will build upon and will be integrated into Luma, and will beLong term support for years to come.

4.5 stubborn MSET users = Windows ME, Bloated Unstable Unoptimized Garbage in the modern Times.
however, if you are only using the computer for uses windows xp offers and do not need the windows 7 features, you are fine with staying on it (until one day your computer refuses to turn on or it no longer functions as intended.)
I would like to use my analogy from before: theres no point in installing linux on a calculator if you only need it to crunch numbers.

RxTools still works, and while it may not be the best, some people prefer to hold out and wait until its fully necessary to change over to a newer cfw.

Still need a validation on whether RxTools works with the new update and i don't have means for sysnand recovery, and I want to know what this is that I heard about save editing and if that is still functional on CFW.

Reactions: 7iven8Nine

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@Rfire You can wait in 11.0.0-X menawhile someone can onfirm it (I can"t confirm it to you by myself until Homebrew payloads are fixed), you can use ctr-httpwn meanwhile for use Online services.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
however, if you are only using the computer for uses windows xp offers and do not need the windows 7 features, you are fine with staying on it (until one day your computer refuses to turn on or it no longer functions as intended.)
I would like to use my analogy from before: theres no point in installing linux on a calculator if you only need it to crunch numbers.

RxTools still works, and while it may not be the best, some people prefer to hold out and wait until its fully necessary to change over to a newer cfw.

Still need a validation on whether RxTools works with the new update and i don't have means for sysnand recovery, and I want to know what this is that I heard about save editing and if that is still functional on CFW.
then take it w/ a grain of asalt why rxtools users dont get respected or any support.

Ontop though, Some are reporting its working Some are stating its tossing An Error has Occured screen 11.1 maybe the RXtools Death.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then take it w/ a grain of asalt why rxtools users dont get respected or any support.

Ontop though, Some are reporting its working Some are stating its tossing An Error has Occured screen 11.1 maybe the RXtools Death.
we will see, and there is still no solid answer yet. Then again, from what i said earlier, at least windows offers more support for xp than you guys do for rxtools.

Not to mention, this scene seems to be developing a case of elitism worse than the battlefield community when they hear about call of duty

Last edited by TimX24968B,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
No homebrew is currently working. Everything that was "functional" before should work once entrypoints are updated for the new home menu. Menuhax and browserhax are patched though (and whatever else is listed in OP I think).
Yes, but some games may take some time again like what happened with OOT3DHax because more games have physical memory randomization again.
Only SmileBASIC entry points shouldn"t be possible to fix. Saying so if anyone is interesed Animal Crossing: New Leaf was added to the check, but at different to what happen to SmileBASIC and IronFall: Invasion (they older versions are blocked to prevent their exploits), I think it"s going to be used for the new Animal Crossing: New Leaf update that Nintendo are going to launch this year.
@TimX24968B Yes, nothing was changed in a point where RxTools broke so a Redirection Nand (RedNand or EmuNand) still works without problem.

Last edited by Clector,
Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but some games may take some time again like what happened with OOT3DHax because moe games have physical memory randomization again.
Only SmileBASIC entry points shouldn"t be possible to fix. Saying so if anyone is interesed Animal Crossing: New Leaf was added to the check, but at different to what happen to SmileBASIC and IronFall: Invasion (they older versions are blocked to prevent their exploits), I think it"s going to be used for the new Animal Crossing: New Leaf update that Nintendo are going to launch this year.
@TimX24968B Yes, nothing was changed in a point where RxTools broke so a Redirection Nand (RedNand or EmuNand) still works without problem.
thank you for directly answering my question. Now with this about a "new" home menu, that does not affect custom themes, right?

D

Deleted-19228

we will see, and there is still no solid answer yet. Then again, from what i said earlier, at least windows offers more support for xp than you guys do for rxtools.

Not to mention, this scene seems to be developing a case of elitism worse than the battlefield community when they hear about call of duty

1) XP is 100% unsupported by Microsoft. There are no more updates. Support ended over a year ago.
2) rxtools is outdated and unsupported because of how it handled patches. There's not a single reason NOT to update to Luma.

Reactions: Gon Freecss

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) XP is 100% unsupported by Microsoft. There are no more updates. Support ended over a year ago.
2) rxtools is outdated and unsupported because of how it handled patches. There's not a single reason NOT to update to Luma.
well then why is there still that option to run applications in compatibility mode for windows xp? that seems like support right there to me

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well then why is there still that option to run applications in compatibility mode for windows xp? that seems like support right there to me

If you are using them trough an entry point like the Homebrew Launcher, then no.<br />If you are using them installed in the system then they works.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TimX24968B If you are using them trough an entry point like the Homebrew Launcher, then no.
If you are using them installed in the system then they works.
ok so things like pkhexx will not work, right? even if i run the homebrew app in cfw to access it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are using them trough an entry point like the Homebrew Launcher, then no.<br />If you are using them installed in the system then they works.
might wanna fix your formatting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E