Homebrew 10.4 SYSNAND Any way to install homebrew and mod?

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I don't... I'd love to just soft mod, like I did my wii, install some CIA's roms on the SDcard and go. That's what I'm attemping. same as everyone. I thought because I was starting from 10.4 and an unmodded 3DS XL and NEW 3DS XL on 10.4 that I was stuck to mod them. Sounds like not... but I'm stuck even getting homebrew to load.
There called wads on the wii btw :rofl2:,user land homebrew doesn't allowing you to install cia,even legit ones on 10.4 , just 10.3 and below

Reactions: JeepinCJ

JeepinCJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming you do understand that even if you access homebrew on 10.4 our downgrade methods were blocked on this FW, so you won't be able to access CFW or have an emunand currently.
No I wasn't aware of that. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Start an EMUNAND so I play backups. Is there a method for doing that once starting from 10.4?

JeepinCJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to 3dbrew, browserhax doesn't work on 10.4.
So am I to gather that I have no options for soft modding now that my SYSNAND is 10.4 and I have no EMUNAND?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There called wads on the wii btw :rofl2:,user land homebrew doesn't allowing you to install cia,even legit ones on 10.4 , just 10.3 and below
Yeah man... I know they're wads and cIOS's. I wasn't sure if posting wii mod terminology in a 3DS forum would throw people off. Anyway... you get the intent of what I'm looking to do. Any options you can think of?

Thanks!

Nope,sorry but all that is impossible without being on 9.2
And I've got no way to downgrade to 9.2 from 10.4 currently, correct?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have the sky3ds+ carts been confirmed to work on 10.4? If so that might be an option for you to look into.

It's more pricey, not as easy or comfy as CFW, but it gets the job done.

edit: Yeah it appears Sky3ds+ works on 10.4

Last edited by jaksy,

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So am I to gather that I have no options for soft modding now that my SYSNAND is 10.4 and I have no EMUNAND?

Yeah man... I know they're wads and cIOS's. I wasn't sure if posting wii mod terminology in a 3DS forum would throw people off. Anyway... you get the intent of what I'm looking to do. Any options you can think of?

Thanks!

And I've got no way to downgrade to 9.2 from 10.4 currently, correct?
Correct

Reactions: JeepinCJ

JeepinCJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have the sky3ds carts been confirmed to work on 10.4? If so that might be an option for you to look into.

It's more pricey, not as easy or comfy as CFW, but it gets the job done.

Yeah looks like the + version is working. "It's confirmed! SKY3DS+ can support the newest 3DS V10.4.0-29 (01/19/2016)" https://www.reddit.com/r/SKY3DS/comments/41m2f8/just_updated_my_3ds_xl_to_104_029e_will_the/

Guess I'll spend a little bit of time looking for a guide on how to use that.

Thanks!

What about the SKY3DS+ carts? Would that still be an option?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question i dont know where to ask:
Not here, that's not how forums work.
You've already been told to stop hijacking this thread, this is the second THIRD time you've posted a completely offtopic question that has nothing to do with the issue being discussed in this thread.

Last edited by jaksy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.