1-10 How would you rate Current Gen Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c-c-c-c-combo breaker (of deleted posts)

Oh yeah, DS Lite: 9.5/10(only because of yellowish touch screens on some units)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, I forgot the DS. Um, 9/10. Needs a metal casing. And maybe make it more easily interchangeable. Exchanging casings on the DS Lite...
wacko.gif

And mods, good job keeping this topic in line.
grog.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wii: 8
Xbox 360: 8
PS3: 7

Wii is innovative and fun.
XBox 360 - nice graphics and big game selection.
PS3: Nice graphics, games are meh.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii , 10

Xbox 360, 10

PlayStation 3, 0

Honestly, I don't expect the PlayStation 3 to make to the end of the hardware cycle. I truly believe, as do many, that Sony will pull it from the market, just like Sega did with the Saturn. Such a shame.

I wonder if Apple will replace Sony in the console market? Apple has been hiring game developers like crazy. And its not to produce pac-man games on iPod. (One of the recent hires was a scenery designer from Rockstar UK)

Now on a related note, I'd like to have a word with the psp haters. I have only one thing to say to you people.....

yaypsp.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Wii , 10

Xbox 360, 10

PlayStation 3, 0

Honestly, I don't expect the PlayStation 3 to make to the end of the hardware cycle. I truly believe, as do many, that Sony will pull it from the market, just like Sega did with the Saturn. Such a shame.Â

I wonder if Apple will replace Sony in the console market? Apple has been hiring game developers like crazy. And its not to produce pac-man games on iPod. (One of the recent hires was a scenery designer from Rockstar UK)

Now on a related note, I'd like to have a word with the psp haters. I have only one thing to say to you people.....

yaypsp.gif

I doubt they would pull out the PS3, they're still making a lot of profit on the PS2 and the PS3 is a long term console for a reason..They don't expect to make a profit until something like 2010-2013.. Apple probably will never enter the Gaming Market if they did it would probably be as much of a failure as the Gamecube was. I bet the PS3 will be like the Xbox was last year, once the Wii fad dies more people will see the Wii is overrated and go for the PS3 or the 360. If Nintendo survived last gen with the Gamecube being the failure it is, Sony can easily Survive with the PS3 this gen

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you just call the GameCube a failure? That's interesting...

Because if you call the GCN a failure, the PS3 is an even bigger failure by your own logic.

137448-1-1.jpg

Graph Source

QUOTE said:
"Based on the first 10 months of availability, the troubled PlayStation 3 sold 22 percent less than the Nintendo GameCube for the same period."

As for the rest of your post....

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you just call the GameCube a failure? That's interesting...

Because if you call the GCN a failure, the PS3 is an even bigger failure by your own logic.

137448-1-1.jpg

Graph Source

QUOTE said:
"Based on the first 10 months of availability, the troubled PlayStation 3 sold 22 percent less than the Nintendo GameCube for the same period."
QUOTE said:
As for the rest of your post....

How many units did it sell in the first year? And it is a failure considering the GC was 100$ while the PS3 was at a 500/600$ price tag.

EDIT: My bad. 200$. Wow. The PS3 was doing a little worse than the Gamecube.. But it still was 300-400$ more.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poor you, defeated by your own lack of logic. Make all the excuses you want my friend, the PlayStation 3 is a failure.

People didn't write books about the GameCube's failure...The PS3 on the otherhand has a book dedicated to that very subject.

Nintendo didn't have to beg developers not to abandon the GameCube...Sony meanwhile had to plead with them not to abandon their failing console.

The GameCube didn't drop its price by $200 within the first 11 months....The PS3, and the Sega Saturn, seem to share this dubious misfortune.

Also the GameCube had terrific software sales, for the most part, The PS3 has abysmal software sales. With games like Heavenly Sword and Ratchet bombing in Japan with debut numbers under 15k for their first week.

So yeah, they'll probably pull the PS3 from the market before the end of the current hardware cycle.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Poor you, defeated by your own lack of logic. Make all the excuses you want my friend, the PlayStation 3 is a failure.

People didn't write books about the GameCube's failure...The PS3 on the otherhand has a book dedicated to that very subject.

Nintendo didn't have to beg developers not to abandon the GameCube...Sony meanwhile had to plead with them not to abandon their failing console.

The GameCube didn't drop its price by $200 within the first 11 months....The PS3, and the Sega Saturn, seem to share this dubious misfortune.

Also the GameCube had terrific software sales, for the most part, The PS3 has abysmal software sales. With games like Heavenly Sword and Ratchet bombing in Japan with debut numbers under 15k for their first week.

So yeah, they'll probably pull the PS3 from the market before the end of the current hardware cycle.

Wtf? Poor me? No. I feel bad for you my friend. The GC sold so little at a 200$ Price Tag. The PS3 sold a little less but at a 500/600$ Price Tag. Wow wonder which console is the biggest failure? Lol Terrific Software sales? No. In the beginning the GC was practically garbage. Pretty lame controller, almost no games, Can't even play DVDs. The PS3 it sold almost as much yet, it offered better games, a better controller and it can play Blu-Rays, DVDs AND CDs. I own a GC and I Admit it's a failure. Your a true Nintendough fanboy. Note I didn't make that bad Nintendo Pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT