1-10 How would you rate Current Gen Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
On a Scale of 1-10 How would you rate Current Gen Consoles? Me well I see it like this.
Playstation 3 - 9/10
PS3.jpg

Xbox 360 - 7/10
update051205_xbox360.jpg

Wii - 7.5/10
Wii_main_0909-1158254665367-440_330.jpg

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
ps3 - 5/10 (man, sony you are greedy)

xbx360 - 7/10 sure brings in the fun, but the failure rate - oh boy

wii - 5/10 some games are kicking ass, but the tech is just not current gen, sorry i know about this "we dont want to be next gen, we are new gen" stuff nintendo says but face it: for the hardware they bring they should ask $99 for it.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Note: I'm not so much just rating the consoles as the entire package of games + consoles.

PS3 - 3/10 (Very few awesome games and way too expensive)

XBOX 360 - 7/10 (I find a lot of the games unimaginative, but it has a ton to choose from and good graphical capabilities.)

Wii - 7.5/10 (I tend to love Nintendo developed games more than pretty much any other and I like the wiimote a lot, but it looses a good amount of points for non-HD graphics and the low number of wi-fi games. It still edges out 360 because I find I play and enjoy it much more than my 360.)

And I know you said consoles, but I have to give the DS a 9/10. I never figured I'd buy another handheld in my life, but the DS has really blown me away. The only other one I've owned was an original Game Boy. I play it way way more than I play anything else.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

wii - 5/10 some games are kicking ass, but the tech is just not current gen, sorry i know about this "we dont want to be next gen, we are new gen" stuff nintendo says but face it: for the hardware they bring they should ask $99 for it.

It costs Nintendo 112$ or so to make the Wii they should UNDERCharge it? I say 175$ would be a fairer price for the Wii. I also fail to see how Sony is greedy since the 40GB is the same price as the 360 Premium was during launch. ( 400$ )

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
sony and microsoft are also undercharging, so why shouldnt nintendo do so?

Yes but they literally HAVE To or else it wouldn't sell.. The 360 wouldn't have sold as much as it did if it was around 600$ during launch and neither would the PS3 if it was like 800$ during launch. Besides Nintendo should make a profit.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country

It costs Nintendo 112$ or so to make the Wii they should UNDERCharge it? I say 175$ would be a fairer price for the Wii. I also fail to see how Sony is greedy since the 40GB is the same price as the 360 Premium was during launch. ( 400$ )
Are you sure about those figures? Can you put a reasonable source behind them?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Are you sure about those figures? Can you put a reasonable source behind them?

My bad just realized the Wii costs like 158$ to make it. Personally 200$ would be a fairer price. http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/15/wii-man...up-to-just-158/

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
PS3 - 5/10 (needs games, rumble and multiplatform games that don't suck, the hardware is top notch though)

X360 - 9/10 (no other current gen console has this good of a library of games. Simply superb. Plus Live is kick arse, failure rate brings it down)

Wii - 8/10 (really starting to get interesting now that it has some good games and channels, plus VC is godly)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much a 5 out of 10 across the board.

PS3 - Overpriced and not enough good games. Having to beg developers to develop on their console is not a good sign.

360 - RROD's 'Nuff said.

Wii - Underpowered.

I'm a DS and PC man myself.......and gaming on the PC is starting to get stale.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My brother a producer who works for part of THQ let me know 10mo ago the system cost them a couple bucks under $200 to make to market and that was minus Wii Sports.

I see you later noticed the engadget piece. Quoted: "...it seems that Nintendo's brainchild is only costing $158.30 to manufacture, before you consider the Wiimotes and whatnot (not to mention marketing and distribution costs) that end up being bundled with it, " ...FOLLOWED WITH... "$195.99 figure that mentions a "wholesale price," which could be a more realistic figure of how much Nintendo is shelling out when taking external costs (like Reggie flying all over the world) into the equation."

HMM...syncs right with what I got from a 3rd party developer. I know they don't make much on those wii remotes or the nunchuks either so even if you figure 1/2 of it were profit that's still $30 respectively on top of the $158.30 going up to 188.30. Now that's less than $10~ from what I was quoted.

THIS ISN'T ON YOU ZeWarrior: But I'm so goddamn sick and tired of people shitting on the Wii with their delusional fuckin rants over it being overcharged, that since it's not an HD system it deserves to be rated the lowest and the rest. Get over yourselves. Most the world isn't run by technophiles with deep pockets, nor do most the world have a HD set at this point either. While admittedly technophiles help move along tech a bit faster helping determine what sinks or swims, I don't see why such crappy behavior needs to be shoveled on the Wii because it doesn't appease that 5% of the masses with HDTVs and 5.1 or 6.1 surround sound systems.

Yah I know I'm getting off on an angle, and I'm sure to take crap from some technophile taking offense to this but shit...grow up with it already. Fine, you're into HD, we get it, but that doesn't lessen the quality of the Wii not doing high def. It's the game that matters, not how high the resolution is.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 - 5/10 (needs games, rumble and multiplatform games that don't suck, the hardware is top notch though)

X360 - 9/10 (no other current gen console has this good of a library of games. Simply superb. Plus Live is kick arse, failure rate brings it down)

Wii - 8/10 (really starting to get interesting now that it has some good games and channels, plus VC is godly)

I agree with Opium on all counts. The PS3 has top notch hardware but poor everything else (for now, hopefully that improves). The Xbox 360 has a great library, online system, controller, all of it really. But the failure rate is far too high and brings that down. And the Wii is really started to show promise, good games, the VC, and so on. If only more developers put more effort into Wii's controls and visuals.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 - 4/10 (needs games...price REALLY has to go down for the 80GB [you won't get the "Sony Living Room Convergence Experience" with the 40GB]...obligatory purchase of a 1080p TV set...I sell those TVs but even at employee discount, a good one still runs me $2500 [gotta get those 120Hz models...those are hot])

X360 - 9/10 (I don't own one but I know it kicks ass...all the best games are on it, plus Live its a definate killer.)

Wii - 7/10 (The only one I own, I'm pleased with the experience but as I play Geometry Wars Galaxies, I can see how the lack of HD can hurt a system...yes its not about graphics, but as I gaze upon my Sony 27" CRT with all its interlaced goodness, I can't help but cry a bit that this is the best its gonna get...we have some great games...BUT WE NEED MORE NOW DAMMIT!)

Edit:

Just for fun, one more

PC - 8/10 (PCs have become a lot more affordable these days and especially with new video cards such as the nVidia GeForce 8800GT and the ATI Radeon HD 3870, running you around $250, you can easily jump into the high resolution gaming world at a fraction of the cost of a PS3. Your PC is truly the convergence device having resolutions even higher than 1080p. If there's a good game on XBox 360, it'll probably appear on PC some time later. And nothing...absolutely nothing beats WASD + Mouse for shooters...Team Fortress 2 FTW! As for myself, I just upgraded my 4 year old box with an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro ($94) and while it won't run Crysis, it does do DX10 and it can get some decent resolution and frames outta Team Fortress 2 and Unreal Tournament III.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
PS3 - 4/10 (needs games...price REALLY has to go down for the 80GB [you won't get the "Sony Living Room Convergence Experience" with the 40GB]...obligatory purchase of a 1080p TV set...I sell those TVs but even at employee discount, a good one still runs me $2500 [gotta get those 120Hz models...those are hot])

X360 - 9/10 (I don't own one but I know it kicks ass...all the best games are on it, plus Live its a definate killer.)

Wii - 7/10 (The only one I own, I'm pleased with the experience but as I play Geometry Wars Galaxies, I can see how the lack of HD can hurt a system...yes its not about graphics, but as I gaze upon my Sony 27" CRT with all its interlaced goodness, I can't help but cry a bit that this is the best its gonna get...we have some great games...BUT WE NEED MORE NOW DAMMIT!)

Edit:

Just for fun, one more

PC - 8/10 (PCs have become a lot more affordable these days and especially with new video cards such as the nVidia GeForce 8800GT and the ATI Radeon HD 3870, running you around $250, you can easily jump into the high resolution gaming world at a fraction of the cost of a PS3. Your PC is truly the convergence device having resolutions even higher than 1080p. If there's a good game on XBox 360, it'll probably appear on PC some time later. And nothing...absolutely nothing beats WASD + Mouse for shooters...Team Fortress 2 FTW! As for myself, I just upgraded my 4 year old box with an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro ($94) and while it won't run Crysis, it does do DX10 and it can get some decent resolution and frames outta Team Fortress 2 and Unreal Tournament III.

Yes the 80GB is kinda expensive, but guess what? Last Friday my 12 year old cousin bought one. If he can afford an 80GB I don't see why anybody else can't. And really a 120Hz TV is a waste, Paying 2 times as much to be a little smoother in games and such.... And really how can you say it's obligatory to buy a 1080p t?v You can get a 720p/1080i set and that will still look great. Thing is Sony Can't lower the price anymore than 50$ AT MAX. The 80GB is like 800$ to make and selling it at 500$ is already hurting them, if they lower it another 100$ they won't get a profit until sometime like 2011 or 2012. When it was 600$ they were expected to make a profit at 2008 now it's already 2009 or so.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
360 - Games & Live make this a definite 9 but it over heats easily. Good support from nearly every developer that matters. A lot of games have extra longevity due to downloadable content and multiplayer.

PS3 - I've played many of its "great" titles and they are good but nothing new or revolutionary, but then stuff developed by Sony (with a few exceptions) usually never live up to their potential. I hate the controller but then I never like PS1/PS2 controllers. A PS3 version of a game doesn't usually look like it has had much time spent on it like a 360 version. Has potential though for those into Playstation consoles. 5

Wii - Some games have given me an experience that I wouldn't have had without the Wiimote. Starting to get some great games but still way too many casual titles, hopefully it'll be like the DS and start getting big titles. Too many ports and 3rd party publishers seem to not bother with its version of a game that is multiplatform. VC is a great idea but too expensive. Web browser should be free. Why the hell is this thing over heating so it freezes up when I play? I don't even leave it on standby. The potential is there though. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit