“Capcom vs.” Series Eyeing Up Nintendo/Square Enix?

tommyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom released yesterday for the Nintendo Wii and it’s gathered a ton of critical acclaim. The Nintendo World Store in NYC even held an event so that fans of the game could get autographs and chat up the producer of this highly anticipated title. Nintendo World Report seized this opportunity and asked a boat load of questions to the game’s producer, Ryota Niitsuma. Mr. Niitsuma mentioned during the interview that he would “love” to work with Nintendo or Square Enix for the next “Capcom vs.” game!

“There are a whole lot of properties that I would like to work with, a whole lot of game developers I’d like to work with in America. I’d love to do something with Nintendo maybe, or Square Enix, maybe do something with them. That would be pretty cool.”

You are correct Ryota, that would be pretty damn cool! Donkey Kong vs. Zangief, Cloud vs. Ryu, the match-ups you could have are all potentially epic!

What company would you like to see take on Capcom? What would be your dream match up

Source:http://gamerant.com/capcom-vs-series-ninte...nix-riley-7667/

luigiman1928

Most original Custom Title
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom Vs SSB? Why not SSB with Megaman in it? I'd be ok with that. Cloud vs Chun-li. Frank West vs Luigi. Sepiroth vs Ken. Megaman vs Mario!!!

Oooooh
rofl2.gif
I hope this becomes a reality. And i also hope they use Classic Megaman. And atleast have DLC characters.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
darkcrudus said:
they could make an ALL Console SSB

it would be funner than a traditional fighting game imo

Naw, SSB is a series made by Nintendo, just like Pokemon never got released on any other console.

luigiman1928

Most original Custom Title
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MegaAce™ said:
darkcrudus said:

Naw, SSB is a series made by Nintendo, just like Pokemon never got released on any other console.
Just like how SEGA said Sonic 06 would be good. and yet they lied. You never know. They could make a clone to the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Nintendo vs. Capcom doesn't seem too likely. It's possible, but we've already got a Nintendo fighting game. Maybe not an arcade fighter, but it's hugely successful.

A Square Enix vs. Capcom fighter would suck. Compared to the hugely diverse library of other "vs. Capcom" games (Marvel, Tatsunoko), Square Enix just has a dull library.

SEGA vs. Capcom, please.

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Tatsunoko VS Capcom 2, 'Nuff said.
Don't give a damn about not knowing half the characters, it's still so much fun to play as everyone.
A Nintendo VS Capcom would be weird, Nintendo characters shouldn't fight Capcom's, and SE VS Capcom will be crappy, with all those FF characters.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really a fan of Capcom games but I should be because the designers of Mortal Kombat killed the game when they added DC...

EDIT: Never mind, I love Monster Hunter.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MegaAce™ said:
darkcrudus said:

Nintendo is better off having SSB with Capcom and SE characters, it pleases the fanboys and brings a whole new dimension to the series.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For all of those out there pessimistic about Capcom vs SSB, I think it's a pretty good idea if they play their cards right. I mean, look, there's gonna be a Capcom vs Microsoft. Personally I think Nintendo has many more characters that could be in the game than Microsoft. I mean, what, you're gonna get Master Chief and that diesed guy from Gears of War? And if so, please prove my point wrong, since I don't know many other characters that could possibly be implemented into Microsoft vs Capcom.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
For all of those out there pessimistic about Capcom vs SSB, I think it's a pretty good idea if they play their cards right. I mean, look, there's gonna be a Capcom vs Microsoft. Personally I think Nintendo has many more characters that could be in the game than Microsoft. I mean, what, you're gonna get Master Chief and that diesed guy from Gears of War? And if so, please prove my point wrong, since I don't know many other characters that could possibly be implemented into Microsoft vs Capcom.

Where'd you get this Capcom vs. Microsoft thing? I thought the mysterious "Capcom x Microsoft" banner was really just Monster Hunter Frontier Online. Microsoft's library is pretty much empty of notable characters. Unless they have the Master Chief and Bill Gates as playable characters, it's probably not gonna happen.

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
To all those naysayers, I think a Capcom VS Square Enix might be a cool idea.

Lets not forget Square Enix make more than just final fantasy games.

I wanna see Chrono, Black Mage, A mech out of Front Mission, A Rep from Star Ocean, another maybe from the SaGa series, blue slime, musashi, one of the dragons from Drakengard, (Space Invader? and possibly other Taito characters?), Chocobo, Kage, Neku, The Master, Moogle (preferrably Mog from FF6), someone from Ehrgeiz, Aya Brea, maybe dig some more characters up from their old nes and snes catalogue too!

Depending on how the fighting system would be, a crossover might be alright.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo