Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
jEnesisDS 0.7.4
Sound improvements & 30% speed increase
sega_genesis.jpg

A new version of the popular Sega Genesis/Megadrive emulator, jEnesisDS, has been released. The update brings with it improved sound support along with a massive speed increase of around 30 per cent.

Stephan Dittrich said:
I decided to release a little update, although most of the things I wanted to do for the next version are not done yet. jEnesisDS 0.7.4 has no new features, but I think it's still worth the update, as the speed is improved by up to 30% and the sound is substantially better, too, in my opinion
wink.gif
You can download the new version here.

Changelog:
v0.7.4 *
- Changed scheduling of M68000 and Z80.
- Some changes in M68000 internal memory handlers.
- YM2612 FM core mostly rewritten in ASM.
- Some bugs in FM core fixed (Operator 1 was sometimes not considered in certain cases).
- Fixed reset bug for FM core resulting in unstable sound for every game loaded except the 1st one.
- Raised sample rate for FM emulation from 16KHz to 28KHz (28, because a few games can't do 32KHz)
- Sound is completely mixed in hardware now, meaning every FM channel, PSG and DAC have their own DS sound channels.

Thanks to granville on the forums for sending in the news tip. As always you can download the file from GBAtemp below:

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, I tried it with some Sonic hacks and Sonic 1.I think it is nearly perfect now...

I really hope, that he could but the save-load-state to a button or two buttons. I don`t like to use TS, when it is not used in the game (obviously not used in emulators
tongue.gif
)

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are actually 3 versions of the Genesis, that one pictured above is the oldest one. I have the 2nd version which had no volume control or headphone jack. There was a Genesis 3 which was a little different from the 2nd version, but nothing terribly awesome.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love this emulator. This and AppreticeDS are the two emus I play most often and NesDS.

WI ApprenticeMinusDS be included in the next release of jEnesisDS?

Skyler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
anyone have ideas for must have genesis games?
Oh... those games with the blue spiky thing that turns into a metroid-like morphball and has red shoes.
They were apparently pretty good.

*eyerolls*
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: